Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

Thread: 2024 Northern League One

  1. #1
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    1,313

    2024 Northern League One

    Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  2. #2
    Hearing news that Wallsend have shut up shop

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Southy Melon View Post
    Hearing news that Wallsend have shut up shop
    Heard the same thing, but also heard their zone team is gone as well? Who knows

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Southy Melon View Post
    Hearing news that Wallsend have shut up shop
    Heard that too. Unsure about their ZL side

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    205
    Confirmed on Herald website. Wallsend not fielding teams in seniors or youth football for 2024.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    416
    Be interesting to see what happens with the league with promotion and relegation. There was to be none next year to make it a ten team comp and relegation starts in 2025
    Last edited by Taffy; 15-11-2023 at 08:48 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    660
    The thistles to take their spot

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,053
    Very sad news for a once great proud club

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Postman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    549
    Either keep it at 8 or send up the Suns and Dudley and it?ll be 10 team comp all the way through.

    Speaking of, any other clubs pulling out or new clubs arriving on the scene? Did all clubs accepting Promotion/Relegation?

    *2023 standings

    NewFM
    Toronto
    West Wallsend
    Singleton
    Kahibah
    South Cardiff
    Thornton
    Belswans
    Cessnock
    *Wallsend - Gone

    ZL1
    Suns
    Dudley
    Warners Bay
    Mayfield
    Kotara South
    Swansea
    Westlakes
    Olympic
    Uni
    Azzurri
    Minmi
    Cardiff City

    ZL2
    Azzurri
    Croatia
    Norths
    Stockton
    South Maitland
    New Lambton
    Bolwara
    Merewether
    Mayfield
    *Wallsend - Gone

    ZL3
    Southern United
    Lambton
    Kurri Kurri
    Greta
    Nelson Bay
    Barnsley
    Cooks Hill
    Medowie
    Cardiff City
    Bellbird

  10. #10
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    288
    Why did wallsend fold in northern league 1?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Why did wallsend fold in northern league 1?
    Hopefuly someone from the club can answer that.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    205
    They are not being very open on their FB page. This post went up earlier this afternoon.

    "just an update there will be no senior trials at this stage we would like to thank everyone that trialed last Thursday and if any further updates become available we will post it here"

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.
    Don't you only need Youth if intending to be promoted to NPL?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Why did wallsend fold in northern league 1?
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering
    Your first answer is closest to the mark.

    1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
    2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
    3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
    4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3
    5. A seeming lack of community support for the club.

    In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

    It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

    Did they have egos? Probably.
    Did they always agree with each other? Absolutely not.
    Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
    Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

    Get back in your box.

  17. #17
    Senior Member W8 WATCHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering
    If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
    🪞 🪞

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
    🪞 🪞
    You?re out of your depth, on your bike big boy

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Your first answer is closest to the mark.

    1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
    2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
    3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
    4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3
    5. A seeming lack of community support for the club.

    In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

    It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

    Did they have egos? Probably.
    Did they always agree with each other? Absolutely not.
    Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
    Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

    Get back in your box.
    My response is straight from a committee members mouth stupid, not once did I throw shit, your ego is your problem, you have zero idea going off your response, on your bike lad

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
    🪞 🪞
    Oh please inform me more, I?m waiting fatso

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •