Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2024 Jets Academies

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    What time of day do they usually make updates to "Dribl"?
    Was accurate as per Dribl when I threw that together for everyone

U13s better get that missing game corrected
    Sometimes it is within hours, depends when refs report gets submitted.

Just to show some good results from the Boys Youth Vs Mariners on Sunday.
    Everyone talks up the Mariners Academy and for good reason, but if we get our shit together the talent is there.

13s 7-3 win
    14s 2-0 win
    15s 4-2 win
    16s 3-3 draw
    18s 1-0 win

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sometimes it is within hours, depends when refs report gets submitted.

Just to show some good results from the Boys Youth Vs Mariners on Sunday.
    Everyone talks up the Mariners Academy and for good reason, but if we get our shit together the talent is there.

13s 7-3 win
    14s 2-0 win
    15s 4-2 win
    16s 3-3 draw
    18s 1-0 win
    Thats a really good result all up. Vs WSW will be different

Its what the Mariners do from 18s up into 20s & Aleague that they do far better

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thats a really good result all up. Vs WSW will be different

Its what the Mariners do from 18s up into 20s & Aleague that they do far better
    poach talent from npl clubs and then sell them on for profit without the npl club benefitting?

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    poach talent from npl clubs and then sell them on for profit without the npl club benefitting?
    Yes that too which is smarter than us again, but they do give their youth a better go at the top. The Jets kids have to go to elsewhere before they are considered here. Goodwin the only exception recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Which NPL club though?Plenty of kids who make the Jets get poached from one club to another along the way.To think that their last club before the Jets was the one that really developed them isnt at all true.I agree with you that NPL clubs should be compensated for players making national league squads but it doesnt look like an easy transaction.

Did the 13s play on the weekend...I've been waiting to see an extra game before tabling the results?

(14s game shows in dribl)

Boys club championship
    Excluding any 13s (I believe they don't count)

1: WSW - 64pts
    2: SD Raiders - 60pts
    3: Marconi - 52pts
    4: Sydney Olympic - 52pts
    5: CCM - 52pts
    6: Sydney United - 48pts
    7: Sydney FC - 44pts
    8: Blacktown City - 44pts
    9: Jets - 42pts
    10: Hills United - 41pts
    11: Manly United - 40pts
    12: Apia - 39pts
    13: St George - 35pts
    14: NWS Spirit - 33pts
    15: Wollongong - 29pts
    16: Sutherland - 25pts

*Collective points then GD*

Jets team positions (tier I)
    U13s - 7th (inc. additional game)
    U14s - 11th
    U15s - 8th
    U16s - 14th
    U18s - 5th

Mens (tier 3 - 16 teams)
    U20s - 3rd
    1st Grade - 1st

Girls (tier 1 - 14 teams)
    U14s - 9th
    U15s - 11th
    U16s - 5th
    U18s - 10th

Women's (tier 1 - 14 teams)
    Res - 12th
    1st grade - 14th

Did the 13s play on the weekend...I've been waiting to see an extra game before tabling the results?

(14s game shows in dribl)
    Yes, went down 2-1. Still not on Dribl yet.

Correct, 13s don't count for club championship.

A U/15?s girls Jets team lost 2-0 to a U/15?s TSP team last night. Not sure of the complete make up of the jets team but definitely not a good advertisement for the Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    A U/15?s girls Jets team lost 2-0 to a U/15?s TSP team last night. Not sure of the complete make up of the jets team but definitely not a good advertisement for the Academy.
    Big man?s daughter is in the U15 TSP team. We see you. 👀

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Big man?s daughter is in the U15 TSP team. We see you. 👀
    I?ve actually made no secret of the fact my daughter is in the Jets program already, scroll back a bit and you will see that. The reason I say it?s not a great advertisement for the Academy is the U/15?s girls actually play in the U/16?s comp and are currently the best performing team. again I?m unsure if the team was made up from those players or the team that competes in the U/15s comp.

I?ve actually made no secret of the fact my daughter is in the Jets program already, scroll back a bit and you will see that. The reason I say it?s not a great advertisement for the Academy is the U/15?s girls actually play in the U/16?s comp and are currently the best performing team. again I?m unsure if the team was made up from those players or the team that competes in the U/15s comp.
    U15s boys are 70% a second string side. 4 returned to jaffas and 3 returned to Olympic and 1 to Valentine then 3 were let go and reapplied and had to be taken back because there were not more applicants. Take into account the poor scouting of NNSW and then fill the gaps with kids willing to actively train over long periods and eventually got a reluctant offer with parental endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    U15s boys are 70% a second string side. 4 returned to jaffas and 3 returned to Olympic and 1 to Valentine then 3 were let go and reapplied and had to be taken back because there were not more applicants. Take into account the poor scouting of NNSW and then fill the gaps with kids willing to actively train over long periods and eventually got a reluctant offer with parental endorsement.
    At least the kids putting the hard yards in will be better for it, it?s a bit ordinary calling 15 year old second string, not everyone develops together, poor choice of words retire

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    At least the kids putting the hard yards in will be better for it, it?s a bit ordinary calling 15 year old second string, not everyone develops together, poor choice of words retire
    Does that team contain the top group of boys with the best skills and ability in that age group? No they dont and NNSW and the Jets have always said they choose the most skilled and build on those skills then bring in some and drop and elevate those struggling as they grow. When you watch the NPL in 15s the skill level of many boys exceeds 50% of the Jets selection with both game play and individual skill. Dont get mixed up in politics and just watch the kids play and observe individual skill. Two feet to pass and shoot, percentage of passing, riding a tackle, beating a player, multiple passes to open up a defence or play out from the back. I fully support your comment when we discuss NPL and community football as kids do develop and drop off at different age groups but when you say best they are far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    A few of those were actually cut. Some left. With GrubyVE gone, there might be some better recruitment although training and Sydney travel is still a deterrent for some.

As for comparing NPL here with NPL1 Syd you're having a laugh. Its a slower game here. Everyone has time and space to use both feet but most still cant lol. It isnt as hard either. The way that Kids play will rise and ebb during the season as well. There is a couple out of their depth in the Jets. nepo is still alive.

I actually watched this game (a foot in both camps) and it was a real eye opener. Whilst the Jets girls had a lot of possession the TSP girls were very well organised (and well coached), defended really well and restricted the Jets girls to just a couple of chances. There wasn't much between the sides in most areas of the park and in some cases nothing between them at all which is a good thing in terms of depth in that age group I suppose.

Updated club championship

1. WSW - 73pts
    2. SD Raiders - 66pts
    3. Marconi - 58pts
    4. Sydney Olympic - 58pts
    5. CCM - 57pts
    6. Sydney Utd - 54pts
    7. Apia - 50pts
    8. Jets - 50pts
    9. St George - 47pts
    10. Blacktown City - 47pts
    11. Sydney FC - 46pts
    12. Manly Utd - 46pts
    13. Hills Utd - 44pts
    14. NWS Spirit - 39pts
    15. Wollongong - 35pts
    16. Sutherland - 25pts

13s excluded, because they don't count

Jets positions
    Men (tier III)
    1st grade -1st
    U20s - 2nd

Boys (tier I)
    13s - 7th; 14s - 11th; 15s - 7th; 16s - 14th; 18s - 5th

Women (tier I)
    1st grade - 14th
    Res grade - 13th

Girls (tier I)
    14s - 7th; 15s - 11th; 16s - 6th; 18s - 10th

Girls (tier I)
    14s - 7th; 15s - 11th; 16s - 6th; 18s - 10th
    16?s are actually 5th Dribl hasn?t updated their 2-1 win over Illawarra from yesterday?s games.

Sounds like Dribl is nearly as bad as our local app

Hopefully will be captured in next week's update