Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Jets Academies

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    My understanding is that the academy are their own entity, so wouldn?t / shouldn?t be affected by a sale or fold of the A League club?that said, if there?s no ?pathway? to an A League club I would imagine parents would seriously look at what they?re paying for versus coming back to NPL/PYL or trying their luck at Central Coast or elsewhere.
    That?s what I meant about being a disaster as there is no pathway to senior football if that happens. You could join the jets at 13s and play until 18s only to then have to chase a NPL senior club. I guess it?s not much different to what?s happening now tbf, not many youth players have gone to the seniors anyway apart from Archie have they? Most come back to NPL clubs when their apprenticeship is done. Pretty sad when we can?t develop home grown talent anymore. Are the players worse or is it the coaching at youth level that can?t develop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    That?s what I meant about being a disaster as there is no pathway to senior football if that happens. You could join the jets at 13s and play until 18s only to then have to chase a NPL senior club. I guess it?s not much different to what?s happening now tbf, not many youth players have gone to the seniors anyway apart from Archie have they? Most come back to NPL clubs when their apprenticeship is done. Pretty sad when we can?t develop home grown talent anymore. Are the players worse or is it the coaching at youth level that can?t develop them?
    Could leave youth in NSW NPL and run a senior team in the second division - pathway to being seen at least by the better NPL clubs, better quality football - try and get gate fees and build a local fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Could leave youth in NSW NPL and run a senior team in the second division - pathway to being seen at least by the better NPL clubs, better quality football - try and get gate fees and build a local fanbase.
    We already do, the Youth Team play in the Sydney NPL3 aka the FNSW League Two Men. They are currently 3rd on 14 points, 2 points 1st place after 6 games. Just beat Parramatta 7-1 on the weekend.

So that?s the pathway, if the worst case happens, let?s hope that continues in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    We already do, the Youth Team play in the Sydney NPL3 aka the FNSW League Two Men. They are currently 3rd on 14 points, 2 points 1st place after 6 games. Just beat Parramatta 7-1 on the weekend.

So that?s the pathway, if the worst case happens, let?s hope that continues in some form.
    They really need to get promoted pretty quickly because playing NPL 3 is like playing reserve grade in Newcastle.

They really need to get promoted pretty quickly because playing NPL 3 is like playing reserve grade in Newcastle.
    They can?t be happy playing in this division

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

No I meant an actual senior team in the new 2nd division of Australian football that's due to start next year. Leave the youth team as is or bring them back to Newcastle, 3rd division in Sydney is a waste of time.

No I meant an actual senior team in the new 2nd division of Australian football that's due to start next year. Leave the youth team as is or bring them back to Newcastle, 3rd division in Sydney is a waste of time.
    Still going to have money issues, just look at South Melbourne and the backing they have, I doubt any club in Newcastle could compare.

The fact that only Valentine (with the backing of apparent overseas Sugar Daddy) even sent an EOI into the National Second Division, to me confirms this.

It's a shame, I would have liked to have had a NST team locally to support...especially if the Jets really are dead in the water

Nah. The top half in NPL3 Syd would easily compete in our 1st grade. Mounties would be top 4.

Agree, Div 3 is a slap in the face for an Academy Club.

They had every chance last year but blew it.

Year before we finished top but the converging divisions meant no real promotion.

Correct re: getting promoted ASAP being beneficial, completely incorrect re: the standard of competition being comparable to NNSW NPL Res Grade.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Nah. The top half in NPL3 Syd would easily compete in our 1st grade. Mounties would be top 4.

Agree, Div 3 is a slap in the face for an Academy Club.

They had every chance last year but blew it.

Year before we finished top but the converging divisions meant no real promotion.
    The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?

The bottom third at least of YL2 were pretty average last year, I could only manage 3 in that space being even more average, would that not filter through to senior teams where players would be pushing to play at least League 1?
    I was referring only to the mens comp which our u21s Jets "youth" play in. Thats a decent level.

As for the PYL 13s to 18s. Div 3 is not great. Top 5/6 of our NPL comp would fit into Syd Div 2 comfortably.

PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    PYL13-18s is tier 1

U20s and "1st grade" seem to be perennially stuck at the bottom (but imagine that also makes it hard for them to attract decent players too)
    Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Early days but both undefeated, leading their competitions and the club championship. Watch this space I guess. Be good to get some crowds out there on a Sunday afternoon/evening to support them.
    Promotion only occurs from 1st grade results. Club champ is a minor trophy.

Ladder update after the weekend

YL1 boys (top tier) - 16 teams
    13s - 9th
    14s - 13th
    15s - 9th
    16s - 14th
    18s - 3rd

L2 Mens (3rd tier) - 15 teams
    U20s - 4th
    1st Grade - 1st

YL1 girls (top tier) - 14 teams
    U14s - 7th
    U15s - 11th
    U16s - 6th
    U18s - 13th

NPLW (top tier) - 14 teams
    Res - 12th
    1st Grade - 14th

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Ladder update after the weekend

YL1 boys (top tier) - 16 teams
    13s - 9th
    14s - 13th
    15s - 9th
    16s - 14th
    18s - 3rd

L2 Mens (3rd tier) - 15 teams
    U20s - 4th
    1st Grade - 1st

YL1 girls (top tier) - 14 teams
    U14s - 7th
    U15s - 11th
    U16s - 6th
    U18s - 13th

NPLW (top tier) - 14 teams
    Res - 12th
    1st Grade - 14th
    Didn?t they all get wins vs CCM on weekend? That?s pretty good. Thought they would be further up the table then that. Do they have any games in hand?

Didn?t they all get wins vs CCM on weekend? That?s pretty good. Thought they would be further up the table then that. Do they have any games in hand?
    Updated Boys

13s 13pts 6th - Still 1 win from round 2 not shown on table.
    14s 9pts 11th
    15s 12pts 8th
    16s 6pts 14th
    18s 15pts 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Updated Boys

13s 13pts 6th - Still 1 win from round 2 not shown on table.
    14s 9pts 11th
    15s 12pts 8th
    16s 6pts 14th
    18s 15pts 3rd.
    U20's also have an unrecorded win to be included which would make them 2nd and they also have a catch up game vs Prospect to be played.

What time of day do they usually make updates to "Dribl"?
    Was accurate as per Dribl when I threw that together for everyone

U13s better get that missing game corrected