Preston
    Avondale
    Syd United
    Wolves
    Marconi

How long can we avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    There won't be relegation from the A League down.

Firstly, because you can't sell someone a franchise and then allow them to be removed from that league. It would tank every clubs value instantly and probably ruin the entire business model overnight.

Secondly, the NSD is running in the off season anyways. So it's for nothing to do with the A League outside of an opportunity to loan out young players.

This competition isn't an actual second division, it's an entirely different competition within the same country. Yanks have the same model over there, MLS which is separate from USL, which is also somehow separate from USL2. No teams get relegated or promoted from any level of "soccer" over there. Looks like we will do the same, can't wait until we start having a Player Draft and everything, Jets will be able to sign the best QB almost every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Teams Announced:
    Apia
    South Mel
    Syd Olympic
    Preston
    Avondale
    Syd United
    Wolves
    Marconi

There will supposedly be another 2 from Qld (Brisbane United and Sunshine Coast) once they sort their shit out and maybe another 2 clubs from outside of NSW as well. Just need to find another 2 clubs with enough money to buy in. SA didn't have enough money to buy one, neither did Tasmania. I can only assume NNSW spends too much on salaries to afford a team themselves. So probably another Sydney or Melbourne team.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yanks have the same model over there, MLS which is separate from USL, which is also somehow separate from USL2. No teams get relegated or promoted from any level of "soccer" over there. Looks like we will do the same, can't wait until we start having a Player Draft and everything, Jets will be able to sign the best QB almost every year.
    lol that last sentence. We are so yank right now.
    Albeit Topper was acting as a modern day tightend any way so we ahead of the game.

Also those teams can play in their NPL season AND play tier2? Clubs just cant drop there old derby games. canteens will die.

I’m really nervous about this.

The A-League is barely sustainable as is, let alone throwing another 8 to 12 clubs in there fighting for sponsorship dollars.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

NSD shouldn't take any viewers away from the A League at least because it runs in the off season, at the same time as the NPL comps. So basically the best players from the NPL will all be picked by NSD clubs to form a super league of semi-pro players. Sucks that the NPL will lose all its best players I guess.