Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Shouldn't really matter, leagues are sorted, who was playing Wallsend you just change it to a Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Shouldn't really matter, leagues are sorted, who was playing Wallsend you just change it to a Bye
    I have heard Muswellbrook have been offered Wallsend's spot. The association are probably waiting for their response before puttingout draws. I guess it maybe a similar decision to Wallsend's. They have only been offered Zl2. If they feel like they can't compete in that division they have 2 options.
    Get pumped or go back to all age. Apparently not all teams that nominate get accepted these days, hence Muswellbrook were on a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I have heard Muswellbrook have been offered Wallsend's spot. The association are probably waiting for their response before puttingout draws. I guess it maybe a similar decision to Wallsend's. They have only been offered Zl2. If they feel like they can't compete in that division they have 2 options.
    Get pumped or go back to all age. Apparently not all teams that nominate get accepted these days, hence Muswellbrook were on a waiting list.
    Not sure of the details so correct me if wrong. I'd heard Muswellbrook nominated or expressed interest in ZL3 to help celebrate their 100th season but were knocked back. Then they get a call on Thursday to go into ZL2 needing 3 grades and we need an answer by Monday. Knowing how hard it was years ago to maintain 3 grades up there I'm imagining the answer will be no.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Not sure of the details so correct me if wrong. I'd heard Muswellbrook nominated or expressed interest in ZL3 to help celebrate their 100th season but were knocked back. Then they get a call on Thursday to go into ZL2 needing 3 grades and we need an answer by Monday. Knowing how hard it was years ago to maintain 3 grades up there I'm imagining the answer will be no.
    Wow ridiculous but expected from NF

Draft draw is out.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Because the Suns play all their home games on a Saturday - so it suits them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    You do realise that 10/12 clubs play their home games on Saturday? Or is it just easier to say the Suns?
    My apologies, 9/12 play home games on Saturday's.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    If true, this is a disgrace. 100 year season and they can't enter Zl3.

I think it's time for a Vote of 'No Confidence ' in the association. If someone is that incompetent in the private world they get sacked

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post

I think it's time for a Vote of 'No Confidence ' in the association. If someone is that incompetent in the private world they get sacked

That's how the last northern board got outsted. Now if you want to get rid of the zone organisations you need to get rid of the northern board, who were trying to streamline the running of football in the hunter and stop paying wages to CEOs who run some community football and the zone leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by FTBLNEW View Post
    That's how the last northern board got outsted. Now if you want to get rid of the zone organisations you need to get rid of the northern board, who were trying to streamline the running of football in the hunter and stop paying wages to CEOs who run some community football and the zone leagues.
    The Northern board who wanted to streamline the running of football and not have these people at NF and MF running the zone leagues has been ousted to ensure that NF, MF and the people and boards of each remain getting paid

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post

There were 14 or 15 clubs that nominated for ZL3 i believe.

Muswellbrook haven't been competing in grade for 100 years, they are celebrating 100 as club, juniors, seniors maybe womens also (not sure about that one]

They have dropped in and out of grade over the years, so it's really not a disgrace they are not included, it's more of a shame we don't have more clubs putting grade sides in and having 4 divisions not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    There were 14 or 15 clubs that nominated for ZL3 i believe.

Muswellbrook haven't been competing in grade for 100 years, they are celebrating 100 as club, juniors, seniors maybe womens also (not sure about that one]

They have dropped in and out of grade over the years, so it's really not a disgrace they are not included, it's more of a shame we don't have more clubs putting grade sides in and having 4 divisions not 3.
    15 clubs ? But what Cardiff didn?t want to or couldn?t nominate again ?

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    15 clubs ? But what Cardiff didn?t want to or couldn?t nominate again ?
    Cardiff ZL3 who were ex Dudley Juniors and then sort of merged with Suburbs were moving on, so no they didnt nominate.

A few ZL1 v NPL1 games over the weekend. With NPL1 starting very soon you would think they should be sharper.
    Any results

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    A few ZL1 v NPL1 games over the weekend. With NPL1 starting very soon you would think they should be sharper.
    Any results
    Kahibah beat Croatia 4-1
    South beat Uni 5-2

Singo v Suns
    1st 3-1
    Res 0-3

Fitness levels massive difference, but that's normal for us, especially this time of year haha. Good first proper hit out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Kahibah beat Croatia 4-1
    South beat Uni 5-2
    Only one of those teams are in zone 1 as per this thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any results
    Heard Cardiff lost 4/5-2 to Wallsend NewFM - was told Cardiff were sharp and might surprise a few this year.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Heard Cardiff lost 4/5-2 to Wallsend NewFM - was told Cardiff were sharp and might surprise a few this year.
    4-2 down, plenty of positives for a new squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    4-2 down, plenty of positives for a new squad.
    Good to hear.

Croatia 5 westlakes 0
    Clearly shows the best 12 sides aren't in zl1, failing to relegate a team last year probably means there are around 3 zl2 teams that would be at least better then the bottom 3 zl1 sides.
    Obviously Newcastle Football have their favourites.