Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    That’s their NPL reserves, right?
    Derrr of course

Minmi are putting our expression of interests for players this close to the season start date. I have a feeling it is going to be a long season for them. Swap them for Croatia already NF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Minmi are putting our expression of interests for players this close to the season start date. I have a feeling it is going to be a long season for them. Swap them for Croatia already NF!!
    They wouldn?t be the only ones still in need of players.

No ones going to be swapped at this late stage.

Well why Croatia. Crabs finished first and we all know they just changed the badge on the shirt not their whole squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Well why Croatia. Crabs finished first and we all know they just changed the badge on the shirt not their whole squad
    Not this argument again 🤦*♂️

Can somebody mute everything Croatia please, you?d think we?d got over this by now

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Can somebody mute everything Croatia please, you?d think we?d got over this by now
    Well said Red

Heaven forbid a club looking for players. Lay off it mate
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Wait ?.. by no way is this a crack, but who are the crabs ? Another club in a new shirt ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Seems some people are obsessed with them lol

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Wait ?.. by no way is this a crack, but who are the crabs ? Another club in a new shirt ?
    Someone who isn?t in zone 1 as per this thread

Just skimmed through the FAQs on promotion and relegation on the NNSWF page...

I'm particularly impressed with the post season promotion battle in lieu of finals in NL1.
    However, three things I've noted; promotion is mandatory all the way through the pyramid, juniors are only mandatory for NPL and any team that finishes top 4 in NL1 that doesn't have juniors is not allowed to partake in final series.

Why I am posting this on the ZL1 thread, is this leads to the potential if that the winner if ZL1 in 2024 has no juniors affiliated juniors (i.e. the two strongest and most consistent teams for some time) they will be forced to play in a league where they aren't even allowed to participate in the post season.

While on face value I think the administrators have done a good job and no system would please everybody, I think this kinda takes the fun out of ZL1 a little. It would be hard to be motivated to win a league if you know the 'reward' would be being forced to play in a comp where you are ineligible for finals.

Curious to see how the clubs go when the inevitable happens. I can see it being a death knell (and lets be honest I am thinking of Dudley and Suns here) to teams that from the outside and as a neutral football fan, seem to have good culture (and much less sanitised and sterile than the teams above) which would be disappointing.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 23-02-2024 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post

I'm particularly impressed with the post season promotion battle in lieu of finals in NL1.
    However, three things I've noted; promotion is mandatory all the way through the pyramid, juniors are only mandatory for NPL and any team that finishes top 4 in NL1 that doesn't have juniors is not allowed to partake in final series.

Why I am posting this on the ZL1 thread, is this leads to the potential if that the winner if ZL1 in 2024 has no juniors affiliated juniors (i.e. the two strongest and most consistent teams for some time) they will be forced to play in a league where they aren't even allowed to participate in the post season.

While on face value I think the administrators have done a good job and no system would please everybody, I think this kinda takes the fun out of ZL1 a little. It would be hard to be motivated to win a league if you know the 'reward' would be being forced to play in a comp where you are ineligible for finals.

Curious to see how the clubs go when the inevitable happens. I can see it being a death knell (and lets be honest I am thinking of Dudley and Suns here) to teams that from the outside and as a neutral football fan, seem to have good culture (and much less sanitised and sterile than the teams above) which would be disappointing.

Its such a simple solution. Promotion from Zone league 1 to NPL 2 should be optional and not mandatory. This does not deny the opportunity for any Zone league team with the ambition to go up and still allows clubs like Suns and Dudley to win the premiership and not lose half their players the following season.

Not saying it will happen but imagine we get to a stage where clubs are not wanting to win the premiership and might ease off a bit in the fixtures later in the season.

More interestingly will be the fact that promoted clubs forfeit their registrations with their Zones/ Interdistrict. Therefore joining Premier Competitions under NNSWF. Since NNSWF does not allow dual registrations between zones and premier comps, the promoted clubs will be forced to register their quotas of 36 players and only these will be eligible to play in the NL1. Gone will be the days of Third Graders/ All Age players standing by. The work around to this is to have clubs with juniors in the PYLG they can call on, e.g U18s.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    More interestingly will be the fact that promoted clubs forfeit their registrations with their Zones/ Interdistrict. Therefore joining Premier Competitions under NNSWF. Since NNSWF does not allow dual registrations between zones and premier comps, the promoted clubs will be forced to register their quotas of 36 players and only these will be eligible to play in the NL1. Gone will be the days of Third Graders/ All Age players standing by. The work around to this is to have clubs with juniors in the PYLG they can call on, e.g U18s.
    Yeah that's getting pretty full on and changing the fabric of teams/clubs.

Maybe the one jump that should be optional is the jump from ZL1 to NL1, particularly as that is where the administrators and frameworks change.

In my layperson opinion, promotion to NL1 should be only be via winning and wanting to go up. However I think clubs should have to nominate whether or not they would go up if they won the league before the season starts. This would allow both the club and competition administrators to know where things stand in real time rather waiting for a club to dillydally making the call after they've won. You'd expect there would be people in each club that want to do both so I think aligning and committing to their ambitions before the fact is a must.
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 23-02-2024 at 03:15 PM.

Maybe the one jump that should be optional is the jump from ZL1 to NL1, particularly as that is where the administrators and frameworks change.

In my layperson opinion, promotion to NL1 should be only be via winning and wanting to go up. However I think clubs should have to nominate whether or not they would go up if they won the league before the season starts. This would allow both the club and competition administrators to know where things stand in real time rather waiting for a club to dillydally making the call after they've won. You'd expect there would be people in each club that want to do both so I think aligning their committing and to their ambitions before the fact is a must.
    Stop it now you are talking too much sense

In my layperson opinion, promotion to NL1 should be only be via winning and wanting to go up. However I think clubs should have to nominate whether or not they would go up if they won the league before the season starts. This would allow both the club and competition administrators to know where things stand in real time rather waiting for a club to dillydally making the call after they've won. You'd expect there would be people in each club that want to do both so I think aligning their committing and to their ambitions before the fact is a must.
    love this, this has been the direction required for 20 years and as some have said before, this comp needs the option to go higher if aspirations are there, if some don't want to, so be it, if your club wants to rise, work hard, attract the players you need and win the comp....

It does seem logical.

Irrelevant of all else, the potential of running a competition where only some of the teams are eligible for finals is a travesty. Un-Australian even!!

It does seem logical.

Irrelevant of all else, the potential of running a competition where only some of the teams are eligible for finals is a travesty. Un-Australian even!!
    Logical with Northern and NF doesn?t exist.

I must say I am absolutely blown away to read 8 consecutive posts of the highest logic this forum has seen for some time, possibly ever.

This is very much along the lines of my personal (not club views) of the promotion/relegation situation. It's certainly not straightforward, even before ground facilities and club finances enter the chat.

I do like the idea that clubs indicate at the start of the season if they have the intention to be promoted should they finish in the top spot/top 2. I would be very curious to know which clubs currently in ZL1 do have ambitions to be in NL1 in 2025?

I must say, it would be great to see an inner city club with a large junior like Kotara, Mayfield, etc to go to that level. I feel they would be an attractive option for players simply due to their location alone.
    It's football, not s***er!!