Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Assuming people have no idea because they disagree with you says more about your narrow minded persona than anything else.
    The reason why you chest beat about success is because you like beating down on smaller clubs and whilst not scared to go up you choose the easier option.
    The jump up isnt going to ruin your club but you wont have success and you wont handle that. And since you are so great your players wouldnt have to "train" more or put in a whole lot more to be competitive in 2nd div.
    You dont need 3 divs to stay at a club or get young people to stay for a long time at a club G Suburb is a good example. You can have AA fri night or Sat.
    I hear a lot of excuses but in reality you prefer my point 2 than anything else. No respect for your club from me on that note.
    It has nothing to do with "success". The demand on the volunteers and the structure of your club changes. Once you make the jump to second division, you are essentially opting into putting your hand up for NPL. And some clubs are simply not set up for that, nor do they want to be.
    It's all if's and but's. But what happens if Kotara for instance go on to win ZL1 this year and then what happens, they have to completely upgrade their facilities in a few months? And then what IF they then win second division, they have to all of a sudden become a semi professional set up and pull in sponsors north of $100k to pay wages and run the club? Or start charging their juniors ridiculous rego fees to pay player wages?
    Clubs at our level want to remain community clubs.

You don't have to respect our club, that's all good Jim. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. But at the end of the day, I don't hide who I am or who I am associated with. It's easy to go around laughing at clubs on here for voicing their honest opinions when you hide your identity and association.
    Now I certainly have no time or respect for anyone that's hiding who they are and where they are from in terms of clubs around this particular conversation. This is a big change and clubs are rightly so divided on opinion. It's all well and good for others to throw in their two cents, but there's not a lot of substance to that.
    Would happily put my hand up and be proved wrong if you or old mate straight red are involved with a club.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Assuming people have no idea because they disagree with you says more about your narrow minded persona than anything else.
    The reason why you chest beat about success is because you like beating down on smaller clubs and whilst not scared to go up you choose the easier option.
    The jump up isnt going to ruin your club but you wont have success and you wont handle that. And since you are so great your players wouldnt have to "train" more or put in a whole lot more to be competitive in 2nd div.
    You dont need 3 divs to stay at a club or get young people to stay for a long time at a club G Suburb is a good example. You can have AA fri night or Sat.
    I hear a lot of excuses but in reality you prefer my point 2 than anything else. No respect for your club from me on that note.
    1000% correct

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It has nothing to do with "success". The demand on the volunteers and the structure of your club changes. Once you make the jump to second division, you are essentially opting into putting your hand up for NPL. And some clubs are simply not set up for that, nor do they want to be.
    It's all if's and but's. But what happens if Kotara for instance go on to win ZL1 this year and then what happens, they have to completely upgrade their facilities in a few months? And then what IF they then win second division, they have to all of a sudden become a semi professional set up and pull in sponsors north of $100k to pay wages and run the club? Or start charging their juniors ridiculous rego fees to pay player wages?

You don't have to respect our club, that's all good Jim. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. But at the end of the day, I don't hide who I am or who I am associated with. It's easy to go around laughing at clubs on here for voicing their honest opinions when you hide your identity and association.
    Now I certainly have no time or respect for anyone that's hiding who they are and where they are from in terms of clubs around this particular conversation. This is a big change and clubs are rightly so divided on opinion. It's all well and good for others to throw in their two cents, but there's not a lot of substance to that.
    Would happily put my hand up and be proved wrong if you or old mate straight red are involved with a club.
    I have often disagreed with Lofty but here I don?t. I am old enough to have been at Dudley they had a year in first division and watched as they were kicked out of 2nd division like some other clubs cause the ground wasn?t fenced in nor was there a grandstand.
    When we went up we ground shared at Lisle Carr so had to pay for the use of it etc. we didn?t finish last but financially and time was for volunteers it?s to big an ask and that?s why the club went back down. As you go up the work needed to comply to new requirements grow. The cost to just enter the comp grows.
    I don?t think it?s a case of being scared of the competition FFA cup results in the past 5 years when NPL2 teams played ZPL teams showed that from a footballing side it ain?t a jump. If anything I?d say the top 4 teams in ZPL would have zero fear of an NPL2 team and would back their chances of finishing in the top 4 and even first.
    If some clubs want to go up and do it and have a crack then great but if clubs don?t that?s their right to. Does it make one club better than the other NO.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    1000% correct
    🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

I’m torn, and genuinely curious to see how it all pans out.

On one hand, promotion and relegation across all divisions of the competition is definitely a positive. It’s important for lesser league teams to have the opportunity to strive and build for promotion if they have the ambitions and means. I also think it’s just as important for the higher leagues to filter out their dead wood of struggling clubs that, to this point, have shown little ambition or desire to improve their clubs. I’ll be very curious to see what the threat of relegation does to some clubs.

On the other hand, I can see the changes and additional commitment needed for some of the zone clubs that promotion to NL1 or even NPL would require and how that may stretch resources beyond their capabilities. Nobody wants to see a club pushed up, out of their depth and their committee burnout. Those that run and operate clubs are arguably more important than the players. NNSW should do more to give clubs help where needed in terms of business acumen - how to engage more sponsors, how to manage payments, how to manage operational costs, source contractors for clubs to improve facilities etc.

Devils advocate, I don’t think there would be enough competition if those that weren’t interested in promotion, remained an inter-district competition. Maybe?

So the option left is giving clubs the option to accept or decline. Again, two sides. No promotion also means a struggling team gets another go, which may impact that competition negatively. But also, if any club WANTS promotion, they need to be the best in the league. Unless there’s a contingency plan with say second place having an option to playoff.

Interesting times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Heard Dudley sent an email out that they are strongly against Pro/Rel ?

If true haahhaha - what an embarrassing club.
    It is very small minded mentality. All-Age may be better suited for them

And before anyone wants to jump on a high horse I have been on committees for clubs of various levels so am well aware of what is required to run a club at community, Zone and NPL.

Very big ifs and buts there that are doing a lot of heavy lifting, Kotara, while it may be possible certainly aren't going to do it in two seasons, any club from Zone (including Croatia), will spend a few years in NL1 first.

Then play in the community competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    , any club from Zone (including Croatia), will spend a few years in NL1 first.

Give it a rest, you lot haven?t been first past the post yet. So not sure why your already talking about NL1

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Give it a rest, you lot haven?t been first past the post yet. So not sure why your already talking about NL1
    Seems that word Croatia triggers are few on here. I think he?s saying they have ambitions to go up so good luck to them and any other club for that matter who shows ambition.

Wonder how many posts will come about being first past the post if Crouduce Bay go straight to Zone 1 this year or is it just Croatia that you lot want to chop down.

Selective outrage maybe hey

Focusing on this season rather than future seasons, South Maitland have a vacancy for a trial on last weekend of February now that we?re looking to fill. Any clubs interested please message the club on socials or Nik on 0410 189 333. We?re happy to travel or host (if you want to play on our horrendous training field).

I think it is only clubs they see as a threat to their dominance that they don't like same reason why they don't want promotion and relegation, will be a threat to their dominance.

I think it is only clubs they see as a threat to their dominance that they don't like same reason why they don't want promotion and relegation, will be a threat to their dominance.
    I?m all for promotion and relegation but saying these teams are scared to go up is a laugh. Haven?t the suns warnesbay, dudley, could be others beaten NL teams quite convincingly.
    I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Devils View Post
    Focusing on this season rather than future seasons, South Maitland have a vacancy for a trial on last weekend of February now that we?re looking to fill. Any clubs interested please message the club on socials or Nik on 0410 189 333. We?re happy to travel or host (if you want to play on our horrendous training field).
    Maybe post in the club notices as well for more people to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I?m all for promotion and relegation but saying these teams are scared to go up is a laugh. Haven?t the suns warnesbay, dudley, could be others beaten NL teams quite convincingly.
    I could be wrong.
    I think someone else said scared, I said see it as a threat. Though last year out of the 9 games between zone teams and NL1 teams there was 1 zone team who won and that was against a side that if relegation was a thing was battling to not finish last for first half of the season.

Very big ifs and buts there that are doing a lot of heavy lifting, Kotara, while it may be possible certainly aren't going to do it in two seasons, any club from Zone (including Croatia), will spend a few years in NL1 first.

This is the point. And well said Taffy.

The federation have set the rules, don?t waste your time moaning about it. Accept it, or demote yourselves. It?s easy to talk on here but it you are ambitious lead the way: you?ll be better then Adamstown. If you don?t fancy promotion, there is nothing wrong with that. Stay in your lane and let the Feds know your stance.

Ambition vs enjoyment is a constant.
    There is room for both.

I think someone else said scared, I said see it as a threat. Though last year out of the 9 games between zone teams and NL1 teams there was 1 zone team who won and that was against a side that if relegation was a thing was battling to not finish last for first half of the season.
    Judging off the last 5 years the results you?re talking about would appear to be an anomaly. Because in previous years I would argue that the zone teams have a better record against NL1 opposition. And keep in mind these cup fixtures are usually played while the zone teams are still in the early stages of their pre season when the NL1 teams are properly up and running.

No point talking about the past, though I went back from 2022 to 2016 and teams in the NL1 for those years beat zone league teams 29 times and lost to them 12 times. With 2023 included would make it 38 times won and 13 times lost. Think there was only one year were the results were about even (which would mean that year was the anomaly).

That's before we get into League vs Cup, particularly a cup which neither team has a chance of winning. You'd wonder why any coach would risk their top players if they are still sore from the last game or resting from an injury for a cup game when a league match is on again in 3 days time.
    Last edited by Taffy; 05-01-2024 at 04:10 PM.

When will clubs know what league they are in? Has anything been sent out?

No point talking about the past, though I went back from 2022 to 2016 and teams in the NL1 for those years beat zone league teams 29 times and lost to them 12 times. With 2023 included would make it 38 times won and 13 times lost. Think there was only one year were the results were about even (which would mean that year was the anomaly).

That's before we get into League vs Cup, particularly a cup which neither team has a chance of winning. You'd wonder why any coach would risk their top players if they are still sore from the last game or resting from an injury for a cup game when a league match is on again in 3 days time.
    Are you taking into account NL1 matches against any zone league opposition or the just the ones against ZPL opponents. Because of course that would make a massive difference.

Either way the matches that NL1 do win are usually narrow victories and you haven?t acknowledged the fact that one team is basically having their first hit out of the year while the other has actually started their season. Everyone who has played knows having match fitness is a huge advantage.

Nice little insult with the hiding and no substance bit but not much coming from a pretender. I'm here giving some fair truths and you cant help but have a cry which is standard from your lot. My 2c is as good or perhaps even better as I'm not locked on to 1 club. I speak for a sporting competition from experience and what I've seen in other comps outside of your one eyed world.

So you know all about Kotara? Why worry about NPL when consolidating NL1 a few seasons. At least they have some nuts for taking it on. Better than being small minded heros refusing to go up. Cooks Hill proves you can, New lambton did it. Only need the vision, integrity and drive. Youd be missing that stuff. Slotting in some ex first graders doesn't really work in the long term does it. lol.
    As for substance, you dont have much. My initial points stand up over the long term.
    Bye champ. Still here not hiding. Get back on your barby
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....