Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2024 Zone League 2

No fight to speak of, just a bunch of players on both sides taking 4th division 3rd Grade a bit too seriously.
    We (Cooks) have picked up 2 or 3 handy players from around the traps but the NPL pipeline is bone dry haha.
    The real difference this season has been the coaches and trying to find that balance between what is essentially playing pub football against other teams
    that are paying players. Not easy to do but so for so good (2 games out of 22 isn't enough to actually get a sense of anything). I think ZL2 might be a more interesting watch this year
    than the inevitable Suns Vs Dudley GF in ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Haircut View Post
    No fight to speak of, just a bunch of players on both sides taking 4th division 3rd Grade a bit too seriously.
    We (Cooks) have picked up 2 or 3 handy players from around the traps but the NPL pipeline is bone dry haha.
    The real difference this season has been the coaches and trying to find that balance between what is essentially playing pub football against other teams
    that are paying players. Not easy to do but so for so good (2 games out of 22 isn't enough to actually get a sense of anything). I think ZL2 might be a more interesting watch this year
    than the inevitable Suns Vs Dudley GF in ZL1
    Are you trying to suggest that Croatia are paying players to be there and they are not just playing because they love the club?

Suns played Warners Bay in last seasons grand final as well so ZL1 is not quite as predictable as what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that Croatia are paying players to be there and they are not just playing because they love the club?

Suns played Warners Bay in last seasons grand final as well so ZL1 is not quite as predictable as what you think.

Suggesting a few teams by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post

I mean you can get paid to play and still love a club, as many do. The two are not mutually exclusive. I also draw a line between paying for a players registration
    and paying match fees to players so to speak. If you know for a fact that Croatia aren't paying players every week i will happily take your word for it.

I never understand these complaints about paying players, it happened at an NPL game I was at as well where the coach was complaining the other team pays too much. As a player I would love to turn up to my zone league game and see some twat on the opposition who has been playing NPL for years and is chasing some money.
    I would also love for my club and other clubs to have the kind of money to be paying our full first grade team. If it takes Croatia or crabs or even Cardiff and their rumoured half price pizzas to get that happening across all divisions then so be it.

Yeah I don't really have a problem with players getting paid, it definitely raises the quality of the competition. But I often think that the money could be better spent elsewhere. There are some terrific clubs with great grounds and facilities at this level, there are also some clubs that are in dire need of some improved infrastructure. At the end of the day its the choice of the individual clubs, but ive sat in a lot of shitty changing rooms, broken showers and toilets, hot water not working, grounds that are in desperate need of new drainage or returfing or seating, and you find out that that club is choosing to pay a couple of blokes a couple of hundred each week for a 20 week season instead of maybe making the club as a whole a better place to play football. For clubs that have their stuff in order, and a lot of clubs in the Zone Leagues do, i say go right ahead and pay your players and take your club to the next level.

Mayfield v CHUFC catch ups (1st last night, Res and 3rd Tues night)

3rds 0-7
    Res 0-8
    1st 3-3

New Lambton v Crabs Catch Up last night

3rds 2-1 NL
    Res 1-1

First Grade tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    New Lambton v Crabs Catch Up last night

3rds 2-1 NL
    Res 1-1

First Grade tonight
    First Grade: 2-2

Stockton v Croudace Bay got through 50 minutes of 3rds before it was called off. Croudace Bay up 2-1 when called off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    I never understand these complaints about paying players.
    Same. Its a legal act within a competition. That maybe the standard for all ZL1 soon enough if not already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....