Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 2

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Really the only two viable options if 3rds to remain, the other is to disband
    Make 3rds optional. probably get 2 x 8 team comps and can play home games together most weeks.

No brainer for mine. tf are we using this as a hurdle for our comps. Is it still 1982 here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

I think many would agree that there are several All Age teams that would walk all over most 3rd Grade Zone teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I think many would agree that there are several All Age teams that would walk all over most 3rd Grade Zone teams.
    That’s not the problem though. The problem is convincing those all age teams to make the jump. It’s a much higher level of commitment to play ZL than A/A, not only adding on another 8-10 games, plus you might have a group of 14-15 mates who just want to play together but if they go to ZL, then ressies or even firsts will start knocking if they’re good enough. Plus the cost to play is a lot higher too.

I honestly see the only option long term being 3rds are optional. It keeps those clubs who can have 3rds happy that they still have their ex presidents and whatever still involved in ZL, but it’s at the cost of not every club being able to field 3 teams and them potentially not playing every week.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    That’s not the problem though. The problem is convincing those all age teams to make the jump. It’s a much higher level of commitment to play ZL than A/A, not only adding on another 8-10 games, plus you might have a group of 14-15 mates who just want to play together but if they go to ZL, then ressies or even firsts will start knocking if they’re good enough. Plus the cost to play is a lot higher too.

I honestly see the only option long term being 3rds are optional. It keeps those clubs who can have 3rds happy that they still have their ex presidents and whatever still involved in ZL, but it’s at the cost of not every club being able to field 3 teams and them potentially not playing every week.
    Optional won?t happen. Threes will be gone despite clubs objections because it?s what Northern want so all competitions are aligned.

It is simple, AA is the reason there isn?t enough players for thirds.

Unfortunately it looks like Wallsend will be dropping out of Zone League Football.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Wallsend will be dropping out of Zone League Football.
    That’s a massive shame given their history.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

It appears a shame that despite having numbers for 2 grades Wallsend are dropping out. Come on Newcastle Football and Wallsend you can do better then that........

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    It appears a shame that despite having numbers for 2 grades Wallsend are dropping out. Come on Newcastle Football and Wallsend you can do better then that........
    i think the problem is, with staying in ZL2 and fielding, 3 sides (and struggling for numbers) mainly made up with reggies and 3rds from Wallsend and Cardiff's ZL3 leftovers, the sides they would have put on the park would have been cannon fodder for everyone else in the comp.

Not sure why they were not allowed or didn't want to drop down to ZL3 for this season after nearly folding is one thing we might never know.
    The powers NF, MF & HVF now need to bring a side who will be competitive and allow them to compete with only 2 grades if they cant get a 3rd grade.

i think the problem is, with staying in ZL2 and fielding, 3 sides (and struggling for numbers) mainly made up with reggies and 3rds from Wallsend and Cardiff's ZL3 leftovers, the sides they would have put on the park would have been cannon fodder for everyone else in the comp.

Not sure why they were not allowed or didn't want to drop down to ZL3 for this season after nearly folding is one thing we might never know.
    The powers NF, MF & HVF now need to bring a side who will be competitive and allow them to compete with only 2 grades if they cant get a 3rd grade.
    Lol as if that will happen - they will take the easy option which is a bye

Wallsend only considered playing Zone League 3 this year. The main reason why they couldn't go up to Zone league 2 is listed above. We didn't want to be cannon fodder for everyone else in the competition. It was that simple, why enter a competition just to be making up the numbers. The 3rd grade issue was a very distant secondary reason.

Wallsend , needed to be in zone league 3 to rebuild. I think that nearly everyone will agree it was a basic valid request. There are easily 6 or 7 ZL3 clubs better positioned to take the jump to zl2. The strange thing is that if both Wallsend and Cardiff groups went to a new club they wouldn't have started in zl3.

So the squad unanimously voted to pull out of Zone league. Why enter a competition to get pumped.

Wallsend only considered playing Zone League 3 this year. The main reason why they couldn't go up to Zone league 2 is listed above. We didn't want to be cannon fodder for everyone else in the competition. It was that simple, why enter a competition just to be making up the numbers. The 3rd grade issue was a very distant secondary reason.

Wallsend , needed to be in zone league 3 to rebuild. I think that nearly everyone will agree it was a basic valid request. There are easily 6 or 7 ZL3 clubs better positioned to take the jump to zl2. The strange thing is that if both Wallsend and Cardiff groups went to a new club they wouldn't have started in zl3.

So the squad unanimously voted to pull out of Zone league. Why enter a competition to get pumped.
    But as always NF think they know better

Official, Wallsend are gone. Hard to see the club coming back into Zone now. Especially as players will look at other options.

So it was the club that decided to pull out and not being kicked out because they didn't have a 3rds side?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    So it was the club that decided to pull out and not being kicked out because they didn't have a 3rds side?
    Yep, coaching and playing group. Was a quality issue. Put the hand up early that the squad could ONLY be competitive in Zl3.

Certainly not kicked out by association.

Zone League 2 will be extremely tough this year. There are a fair few teams there that could compete at Zl1 level. Why put everyone through that? I don't think the challenge is totally recognised.

So the association not being flexible to let Wallsend into ZL2 lost the whole club?

Who is in charge of ZL comps?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    So the association not being flexible to let Wallsend into ZL2 lost the whole club?

Who is in charge of ZL comps?
    Obviously Someone that sits in an office and has no idea on club football. For too many years these competitions have been run terribly. The competition has only maintained credibility through clubs like Suns, mayfield, Dudley, Cardiff, warners bay etc who built these leagues. Well built ZPL, I can't believe I pay rego to fund these people's wages.

The people that didn't let Wallsend drop down should put their head down in shame. It follows on from so many crap decisions, remember the grand finals idea at fletcher. Maybe they should either get out from behind the computers and go and watch a game. Or get someone in that is actually trying to promote the game.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Obviously Someone that sits in an office and has no idea on club football. For too many years these competitions have been run terribly. The competition has only maintained credibility through clubs like Suns, mayfield, Dudley, Cardiff, warners bay etc who built these leagues. Well built ZPL, I can't believe I pay rego to fund these people's wages.

The people that didn't let Wallsend drop down should put their head down in shame. It follows on from so many crap decisions, remember the grand finals idea at fletcher. Maybe they should either get out from behind the computers and go and watch a game. Or get someone in that is actually trying to promote the game.
    100%

Hearing Mayfield Juniors might be following in Wallsends footsteps

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Hearing Mayfield Juniors might be following in Wallsends footsteps
    My mail was they are definitely OK.