Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    i was there and thats not what i heard, it was a bit of a drop the ball moment from the powers, who fumbled there way through it, something about helping clubs get through it all, similar to the northern thought process on being promoted to NL1, it is compulsory but clubs will be helped.

In the end the clubs that say i cant get a 3rds, from areas/clubs that have quite a few AA sides, are not really trying.
    Also heard one club say something along the lines of "we dont even talk to our AA sides" the club/town is split in half and that there is half the problem, giving up before even trying...

but in the end, people will hear what they want to hear....
    If I've read correctly over the years, Isn't your club one that pays first graders rego? I think you will find if you didn't pay those regos then you would struggle to field 3 grades over the years. Probably the only reason some are playing there. Just using your club as an example, probably a couple of others in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    If I've read correctly over the years, Isn't your club one that pays first graders rego? I think you will find if you didn't pay those regos then you would struggle to field 3 grades over the years. Probably the only reason some are playing there. Just using your club as an example, probably a couple of others in the same boat.
    yes river we have for quite a few years like most.

Over the years we have had up's and downs, one year plenty of players, the next we might struggle.
    same as paying regos, some years we do a team, some years we might do less than half a team, it varies year to year.

I don't think that's the reason for it at all and not the point i was getting to, you have clubs who at the start of the season, 4 weeks out, saying if they run 1st and have to go up, won't be able to get players for an additional team.
    How about stop we can't do attitude, to let's see what happens if we get that far and go from there.

Riverboy you were connected to terrace? yes/no

yes river we have for quite a few years like most.

Over the years we have had up's and downs, one year plenty of players, the next we might struggle.
    same as paying regos, some years we do a team, some years we might do less than half a team, it varies year to year.

I don't think that's the reason for it at all and not the point i was getting to, you have clubs who at the start of the season, 4 weeks out, saying if they run 1st and have to go up, won't be able to get players for an additional team.
    How about stop we can't do attitude, to let's see what happens if we get that far and go from there.

Riverboy you were connected to terrace? yes/no
    I played one year at Terrace, that was my only connection with them.

Any trial game results over the past few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyfish View Post
    I got told Cardiff spanked Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    I got told Cardiff spanked Barnsley.
    Scores?

Heard Jaffas 5-2 Mayfield Juniors

Seems mayf jnrs in for another tough year. Jaffas with some decent results against mayf and Croatia. Charlestown and suburbs have a trial this weekend, should be a good watch

Seems mayf jnrs in for another tough year. Jaffas with some decent results against mayf and Croatia. Charlestown and suburbs have a trial this weekend, should be a good watch
    No great surprise there. Lambton finished 2nd only to a very good Southern United outfit. Mayfield finished last in the division above and weren't relegated.

Association really needs to look at promoting and relegating 2 teams at a time to avoid some teams struggling in divisions for extended years.

Garden suburbs 6 Charlestown 2 over the weekend.
    Suburbs showing their quality. Did anyone catch the game?

Garden suburbs 6 Charlestown 2 over the weekend.
    Suburbs showing their quality. Did anyone catch the game?
    Went and had a gander.

Hard fought for the first 30 and then Suburbs started scoring.

The blokes up front for Charlestown are pretty handy and will cause issues if they keep up their workrate.

What did surprise me was 2 reds in the Reserve grade game for dissent. Charlestown's centre back got a red I'm assuming under the new abuse rules towards refs and Suburb's had a guy sent seemingly for telling a player on other team off with a c-bomb included in front of a female ref.

It will interesting to see if the match official abuse rules filter down to the lower leagues moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    Went and had a gander.

Hard fought for the first 30 and then Suburbs started scoring.

The blokes up front for Charlestown are pretty handy and will cause issues if they keep up their workrate.

What did surprise me was 2 reds in the Reserve grade game for dissent. Charlestown's centre back got a red I'm assuming under the new abuse rules towards refs and Suburb's had a guy sent seemingly for telling a player on other team off with a c-bomb included in front of a female ref.

It will interesting to see if the match official abuse rules filter down to the lower leagues moving forward.
    Same ref sent one of our reggies players off the week before, similar thing, swearing, wouldnt let us replace him.
    How about a stint on the sidelines instead, cool down etc, these are trial games after all.

Same ref sent one of our reggies players off the week before, similar thing, swearing, wouldnt let us replace him.
    How about a stint on the sidelines instead, cool down etc, these are trial games after all.
    Sorry to say old mate, but cardiff along with norths haven't got the best discipline records. Players need to be pulled into line across the board, pretty simple really. Can't say everyone hasn't been warned enough.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Sorry to say old mate, but cardiff along with norths haven't got the best discipline records. Players need to be pulled into line across the board, pretty simple really. Can't say everyone hasn't been warned enough.
    I didn't say don't send him off, but in the past if a player gets removed from the field during a trial game, generally it's a sit on the sidelines for a while to cool down.

You would find our record over the years is no worse than most, Norths have their own issues.
    Yes we have all been warned, one email form the powers that be, one press release from northern about abuse towards refs, ours was not that at all, last weekend.
    trial game is still a trial game FFS.

In the end it depends on the ref i have been told, what they think is reasonable and what is not, this particular ref has a rep for send offs for swearing supposedly.

I didn't say don't send him off, but in the past if a player gets removed from the field during a trial game, generally it's a sit on the sidelines for a while to cool down.

You would find our record over the years is no worse than most, Norths have their own issues.
    Yes we have all been warned, one email form the powers that be, one press release from northern about abuse towards refs, ours was not that at all, last weekend.
    trial game is still a trial game FFS.

In the end it depends on the ref i have been told, what they think is reasonable and what is not, this particular ref has a rep for send offs for swearing supposedly.
    I hope they don?t end up like some kids in NPL that have been sent off for swearing at a ref in a trial game that are now suspended for 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I hope they don?t end up like some kids in NPL that have been sent off for swearing at a ref in a trial game that are now suspended for 8 weeks
    correct, a good ref will take whats said in context, if it's not directed at them, if so you have to cop what's given.
    Most forms of swearing are allowed/tolerated in society now days, so at what level is it not allowed/tolerated on the football field.

correct, a good ref will take whats said in context, if it's not directed at them, if so you have to cop what's given.
    Most forms of swearing are allowed/tolerated in society now days, so at what level is it not allowed/tolerated on the football field.
    The send off for Suburbs was after a poor challenge from a Charlestown player and the words were directly at the player. Still not sure how it was a send off.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    The send off for Suburbs was after a poor challenge from a Charlestown player and the words were directly at the player. Still not sure how it was a send off.
    Offensive,insulting,abusive?OFFINABUS is a red card

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Offensive,insulting,abusive?OFFINABUS is a red card
    Correct. While technically correct most refs will handle it with a chat to the player.
    The ?Zero Tolerance? campaign is about abuse of match officials. When two players get a bit lippy with each other I reckon a RC is harsh and could be managed better

Predictions for weekend-
    Barnsley 3-2 Medowie
    Garden suburb 4-0 Merewether
    Lambton 2-1 Greta
    Kurri 2-0 Lake Mac
    Charlestown 3-0 Bellbird
    Nelson Bay 3-1 Southern Lakes