Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 3

Where is Southern Lakes getting their players from?
    I would guess they would pick up some ex-Toronto players and others around the bottom of the lake but their 2 highest AA teams were J grade and G grade (admittedly both did well in their grades) and a 16s team that did well; but those just make a solid ressies not a 1sts.

They had 5 AA teams last year, would imagine you pick the best out and throw in a few other older players from NL1 you've got a decent ZL3 team. Plus the brand new facility might attract a couple

They are playing in Cooranbong, which is 8 mins from Morisset! 15mins for Bonnells Bay.

Could be taking some of the ex Morisset ZL players?

The new facilities they playing out of, would be a definite draw card for them!

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    They are playing in Cooranbong, which is 8 mins from Morisset! 15mins for Bonnells Bay.

Could be taking some of the ex Morisset ZL players?

The new facilities they playing out of, would be a definite draw card for them!
    Rumours Southern Lakes struggling for players. Wonder if anyone involved can confirm the club are good to go?

Competition can't afford to be loosing another club especially after the new additions to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Rumours Southern Lakes struggling for players. Wonder if anyone involved can confirm the club are good to go?

Competition can't afford to be loosing another club especially after the new additions to the competition.
    As I expected.

geez. struggling for 2 grades is a not much chop. That is if the rumours are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    geez. struggling for 2 grades is a not much chop. That is if the rumours are true.
    Saw their post the other day - still looking for players but I would say a few clubs would be

Hi all
    Mayfield united seniors here
    Any team looking for a trial that have access to a ground ?
    we have our ZL1 3rd grade team and our AA team looking for trials available most weekends or midweek.

Or if any AA clubs would like a game
    Let me know by private message or email the club president@mayfieldunitedfc.com.au

I keep an eye on all clubs Facebook for all the new signings and news. Garden Suburbs certainly have recruited well, a few guys from West wallsend.

Although I don't think announcing a player from an Under 18 A competition is newsworthy at all? I little odd, especially given it's a big step up to Zone league football.

Wandered over for the Merewether derby today. Pleasantly surprised by the new Merewether clubs move into Zone League. Merewether United beating the higher ranked Merewether Advance.
    Good little derby played in good spirits but very competitive.
    Good to see a new club looking fairly competitive and adding depth in that league

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Wandered over for the Merewether derby today. Pleasantly surprised by the new Merewether clubs move into Zone League. Merewether United beating the higher ranked Merewether Advance.
    Good little derby played in good spirits but very competitive.
    Good to see a new club looking fairly competitive and adding depth in that league
    Merewether united squad is coming together nicely. Look it's only a trial but for us at United it was good to get 2 wins in both grades against good opposition. I think the cup idea is a great one that will grow, although being a new club it meant more to united.

Merewether united have done alot of hard work off the field to make the move into Zone League successful. The club has also given a home too a few players from the Wallsend zone league squad that pulled out.

Merewether united have 1 or 2 positions left for this year's Zone League 3 squad. Mainly looking for defenders to complete what looks to be a competitive squad.
    For all details contact Kieran on 0418453655 or send me a private msg.

Was anyone at the zone meeting ? Hearing if the winner of zone 3 can?t get 3 teams for zone 2 the year after the club could be removed from the zone competition altogether ? Surely not

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Was anyone at the zone meeting ? Hearing if the winner of zone 3 can?t get 3 teams for zone 2 the year after the club could be removed from the zone competition altogether ? Surely not
    I wasn't at meeting but I was told the same thing.

Some mixed messages here. A few months ago the talk was about scrapping third grade. A few months later clubs may be scrapped if they can't field a third grade. Got me confused....

I think they need to review this. The facts are no new clubs will ever join, nearly impossible to get the required 50 players to field a new club.

It also limits areas of who may join zone league. I think it's great that new clubs like Southern Lakes join. Hard to see clubs from the valley getting the required numbers to join.This move will only work for bigger clubs, smaller clubs will just drop out of Zone Football.

Some mixed messages here. A few months ago the talk was about scrapping third grade. A few months later clubs may be scrapped if they can't field a third grade. Got me confused....

I think they need to review this. The facts are no new clubs will ever join, nearly impossible to get the required 50 players to field a new club.

It also limits areas of who may join zone league. I think it's great that new clubs like Southern Lakes join. Hard to see clubs from the valley getting the required numbers to join.This move will only work for bigger clubs, smaller clubs will just drop out of Zone Football.
    Exactly right. A circus all round.

maybe you should go to the meetings, then you would not have to listen to mixed messages.

They listened on not scrapping 3rds after more than 80% put there hand up to keep the ZL1 & ZL2 with 3 grades at the last meeting, tip your hat to them for making a quick decision on that one.

What your saying is not what was said, if they want to go up after winning ZL3 then they would have to have 3 grades, there is no way the zones will kick a club out for not fielding 3 grades if they win ZL3, they just wont go up

It is not the same in regards to ZL1 and NL1 movements that are being discussed, with some great, sensible discussions about how it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    maybe you should go to the meetings, then you would not have to listen to mixed messages.

They listened on not scrapping 3rds after more than 80% put there hand up to keep the ZL1 & ZL2 with 3 grades at the last meeting, tip your hat to them for making a quick decision on that one.

What your saying is not what was said, if they want to go up after winning ZL3 then they would have to have 3 grades, there is no way the zones will kick a club out for not fielding 3 grades if they win ZL3, they just wont go up

It is not the same in regards to ZL1 and NL1 movements that are being discussed, with some great, sensible discussions about how it should be done.
    Maybe he?s not his clubs rep and I?m sure not all clubs were represented like most of the time. Always the same crap anyway. Let me guess, here?s a piece of paper with changes blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post

Maybe I should go, but I didn't.

I was told that directly from someone at the meeting.....
    Again I was told that the joint board said they expected all teams going up from zl3 to zl2 to provide 3 grades. Again I was told a Nelson Bay representative asked if they won zl3 and were promoted what would happen. The response was their entry into the competition might not be accepted.

I only mentioned it after straightred88 stated this, obviously he heard this from someone at the meeting too...

Maybe I should go, but I didn't.

I was told that directly from someone at the meeting.....
    Again I was told that the joint board said they expected all teams going up from zl3 to zl2 to provide 3 grades. Again I was told a Nelson Bay representative asked if they won zl3 and were promoted what would happen. The response was their entry into the competition might not be accepted.

I only mentioned it after straightred88 stated this, obviously he heard this from someone at the meeting too...
    Exactly what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Exactly what I was told.
    i was there and thats not what i heard, it was a bit of a drop the ball moment from the powers, who fumbled there way through it, something about helping clubs get through it all, similar to the northern thought process on being promoted to NL1, it is compulsory but clubs will be helped.

In the end the clubs that say i cant get a 3rds, from areas/clubs that have quite a few AA sides, are not really trying.
    Also heard one club say something along the lines of "we dont even talk to our AA sides" the club/town is split in half and that there is half the problem, giving up before even trying...

but in the end, people will hear what they want to hear....