Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 3 - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 20/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and hoodwink people into thinking that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

(NOTE: I don't by any means think the Jets have lived up to the similar myth that has attached itself to us under van Egmond. Just saying that the Gypos are full of shit.)
    well said.

Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments?
    pretty sure he does. keeps a stack of tissues handy to clean up the spunk when he's done.

Wander if Arnie suffers of memory loss? Remember Patricio Perez against FC a couple of years ago....DIVE, penalty and Red Card for Reddy!!!.....Don't recall him questioning "average" ref then!!!!

lol tell us what you really think mb

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    did anyone notice the times that birraghiti dropped crosses?

if his name was bk, you would have read about it by now
    I only remember once when he was under pressure, but he recover quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    lol tell us what you really think mb
    No point beating about the bush. Arnie shits me no end.

No point beating about the bush. Arnie shits me no end.
    triangles etc
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and distract people from the fact that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

(NOTE: I don't by any means think the Jets have lived up to the similar myth that has attached itself to us under van Egmond. Just saying that the Gypos are full of shit.)
    Totally agree.
    In recent seasons when choosing which matches to watch on Fox (apart from the Jets of course), I usually look out for Roar and Victory as they for me generally provide the best entertainment from a neutral perspective. Matches involving the Mariners and Phoenix are generally the least entertaining and ones which i don't exactly look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Rose is a dead set grub, rolling around at the start looking at the ref, trying to give the bench heaps when his shit team lost, idiot.
    couldn't agree more, the bloke is nearly as bad as hutcho (no exaggeration)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post

Rose is a dead set grub, rolling around at the start looking at the ref, trying to give the bench heaps when his shit team lost, idiot.
    What a tool he is!!

Your team scores a supposed last minute equaliser you should go celebrate with in this order

1 your teammates
    2 your fans
    3 your coaching staff/bench
    4 the opposition fans
    5 the opposing players
    6 the opposing teams bench

Look at how far done the order this Grub has stooped. FFS would have more respect if he of ran across the pitch to Bay 2 with fingers up and started pissing on a Newy Shirt.

**** has no class and NFI

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Matches involving the Mariners and Phoenix are generally the least entertaining and ones which i don't exactly look out for.
    Same. I would happily call Phoenix one of the most effective and well-drilled teams in the league, but f*ck me they've been involved in some real eye-sore games. They have the uncanny ability to make teams who usually play good football adopt their own brawn-over-brains approach. Probably explains why we struggle with them, even at home. (Again, not suggesting that we play top-quality football all the time, but whenever we play against Wellington we become abysmal.)

The myth that the Gypos are now a good football team is something they've deliberately built up around themselves these past few seasons. While I think it's fair to say that they do approach the game with less of a hoofball mentality than they displayed under McKinna, it's also true that the current image they try to project through post-match comments, pre-game press conferences, general interviews and so on has basically been imposed on them as a form of propaganda by that surly wanker who coaches them. Seriously, has Arnie ever listened to his own post-match comments? I can't even count the amount of times I've heard him moan about the game being "far too open for my liking" and then go on to rant about how he prefers his team to stick to a tighter and more miserly defensive structure. Let's be honest: unless you're a top EPL side (excluding Arsenal) or Barcelona, it's very difficult to combine flowing attack with non-porous defence on a consistent basis. Very few A-League teams manage to do it (Brisbane, for mine, have been the only real exception), and the idea that the Mariners exemplify that sort of football is laughable. Arnold, self-righteous and self-victimised clown that he is, pays pious lip-service to the hallowed concept of "good football" (and instructs his players to do the same) so that he can mask his negative, defence-based philosophy and distract people from the fact that the Mariners haven't achieved anything like Roar did under Postecoglou.

Everytime i see you post something that has more than 3 sentences i get the biggest hard on

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I wonder which hurts the coasties more right at this moment, the fact we won the grand final in 08 due to poor refereeing, or the fact we won on Saturday due to poor refereeing

I'd like any coasties reading this to ponder that for a moment, to really feel the pain burn you up inside, to feel that there's no justice in this game, no justice in life

good, use your aggressive feelings, let the hate flow through you

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What a tool he is!!

Your team scores a supposed last minute equaliser you should go celebrate with in this order

1 your teammates
    2 your fans
    3 your coaching staff/bench
    4 the opposition fans
    5 the opposing players
    6 the opposing teams bench

Look at how far done the order this Grub has stooped. **** has no class and NFI
    And yelling obscenities at the newy bench after he thought they had equalised. dozens of egg on face

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    97th
    Thanks.