Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unite Round bulls*** - do members get free admission to the home game we lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I didn’t say it was possible mate, I just said that that’s what they should aim for. By holding more games at the same ground they make an event of it, not just a double header. Makes those travelling more likely to stick around and you end up pooling the crowd figures, making it look better.
    That was my idea too.
    In theory, on a nice summers weekend (ideally 20-25 degrees and no rain)*, the games would be played at Allianz and Leichhardt due to light rail infrastructure and proximity if we insist on men and women’s teams playing the same weekend. Or even if there’s another ground in the city that could be repurposed. The aim should be to allow fans to stay at a ground and watch a day of football or easily commute between the grounds to see other fixtures (Melbourne could work better for this concept). But at Allianz the whole Moore Park precinct should be converted to a live site or similar. Novelties like celebrity 5 a side or ex players etc. It needs to be something that entices people. The empty stadiums are a quick way to make sure nobody wants to go.
    Double headers and day/evening sessions could be a way to maximise crowds.

The idea of 4+ active supports in the stadium is a very interesting one though.

Football being a sport that relies on the surface makes the multiple games thing a little tricky, but, I don’t think the aim of the concept is for good football. The aim should be to maximise numbers in the stadium. That should be the focus of every a league game at the moment imo. Scrap prices and whatever and just get as many people as possible into the stadiums.

Overall, I don’t think it worked. And if they try again next year, hopefully they make some changes.

*yes, I realise this is extremely unlikely.

I remember the 1977 "Leagueathon" where NSWRL double headers were played over 3 days at the SCG only. Can't remember the state of the surface, with cricket pitch (men were men then). The idea was binned as oddly, the crowds dropped away and this was when it was Sydney teams only.

I thought the Jets were crap, Roar were crap, and the ref and VAR should be sent to the central coast to join the dole queue, no wonder people don't watch
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.