Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALM - Jets v Victory - 3 February 2024 6:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I think the Wellington game is a great example of my frustration.

Everyone knows Wellington try and score on the break, then defend deep for the rest of the game.

They peppered long balls to Barbarouses like they always do and we gave away an early pen. From that moment everyone knew what was going to happen. We were going to have the bulk of the play and they were going to sit deep and counter.

All we did in attack was go side to side trying to find an open channel for our wide men to cross in. Our game plan was also completely transparent.
    Problem was we were always free at the back and lacking more than one (albeit very good) target for the crosses.

At the 5 minute mark when the pen was converted our coach needed to decide how he was going to play it. Yet he tried the same thing for 40 more minutes before deciding to put an extra man up front (Goodwin for stynes) to take advantage of our tactics. Why not straight away?

He then waited till 67th minute to sacrifice a back for the extra attacker and we scored not long after.

When a red card is given in games coaches immediately sacrifice players and change tactics because of what is in front of them. Yet we still have this mentality of 'waiting to see' when we concede early or the game falls into the opponents hands like Wellington.

I just want coaches to be braver and smarter. At the moment they all seem to be reading from the same book and it doesn't seem to be helping anyone.
    You don't even need to make subs, even just moving players around the pitch can help. For example, about 5-10 mins after an opponent has lost a player and are working themselves out, move a midfielder wide or a fullback forward to try and creat space in the middle to exploit when they want to leave the space out wide. Or, when you come against a low block, lump a CB up as a second striker to knock balls down and cause some havoc for the last 5-10 of the first half or even starting the second half, they will have trouble winning the ball aerially and focus on that giving your ball players (hopefully) more time on the edge of the box to shoot/create.

There's obviously positives to be being confident in your style of play and never changing (aka. Arsene, Ange, Simeone, etc) but in the other 99% of cases you end up looking like an idiot. Doing something, even if doesn't work, is still better than doing nothing and failing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Right, that solves it.
    Me and Frodo are now coaching the Jets from next year.
    See ya Stanton.

I'll be white hat guy on set pieces, you do the interviews (I still have that restraining order by Tara its a whole thing no big deal).

See you at training.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Right, that solves it.
    Me and Frodo are now coaching the Jets from next year.
    See ya Stanton.

I'll be white hat guy on set pieces, you do the interviews (I still have that restraining order by Tara its a whole thing no big deal).

See you at training.
    As long as I'm allowed to pick Dane Ingham as Captain just to piss off everyone (especially my boy Stanny)?

I will however play him at Wing instead of fullback and make sure he's always on the same side as us so we can yell stuff at him (some compliments, some insults) just to keep him on his toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    As long as I'm allowed to pick Dane Ingham as Captain just to piss off everyone (especially my boy Stanny)?

I will however play him at Wing instead of fullback and make sure he's always on the same side as us so we can yell stuff at him (some compliments, some insults) just to keep him on his toes.

Yeah cool you do whatever. I'm just here to white ant you once we get going and to score one of those sweet assistant caps.

My DM's to Stanny about you are going to be awesome.

Just need Sneezby behind you both yelling the same kind of supportive comments he did to Clayton Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

No big fan of Rudes but he drops some truth bombs here:

https://aleagues.com.au/news/marko-ruda ... wanderers/

Not so much the whinge about his club being victimised but the three obvious points - the standard of officiating, especially in the last few weeks in both leagues, is appalling, and shows no sign of improvement.

The new age leagues have quashed as much active support as possible and forced many traditional fans away. In return it is all about beige (and safe) "family entertainment".

Finally, the VAR they use is cheap and open to error, has a lack of camera angles, as a result needs more time spent on it, plus they can't afford goal line technology. A criteria for VAR should be all or nothing. Smaller leagues should do away with it entirely.

And I'm nowhere near as convinced as the linesman that this was a goal the other night...

Capture5.jpg

Anyway Rudes will be silenced, so we might not see him this weekend.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Bahahahahaha.
    Rudan seems like a completely terrible human being who gets a pass because he's boys with the boys.

Anyway, looking forward to him and others like him wearing the correct ribbons for all the correct causes.

Because optics.

Also, I understand the assistant had the best view of the ball crossing the line, and they said goal....so it's a goal.

Rudan and typical clowns like him standing 50m away on an angle def have a better view in their opinion.

And on the red card, again. I wish people knew the actual rules.

But apart from that, yeah I'm totes with 'rudes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No big fan of Rudes but he drops some truth bombs here:

https://aleagues.com.au/news/marko-ruda ... wanderers/

Not so much the whinge about his club being victimised but the three obvious points - the standard of officiating, especially in the last few weeks in both leagues, is appalling, and shows no sign of improvement.

The new age leagues have quashed as much active support as possible and forced many traditional fans away. In return it is all about beige (and safe) "family entertainment".

Finally, the VAR they use is cheap and open to error, has a lack of camera angles, as a result needs more time spent on it, plus they can't afford goal line technology. A criteria for VAR should be all or nothing. Smaller leagues should do away with it entirely.

And I'm nowhere near as convinced as the linesman that this was a goal the other night...

Capture5.jpg

Anyway Rudes will be silenced, so we might not see him this weekend.
    Didn't Ernie get 2 weeks for having a go at the refs, Rudan must be worth a month. Yeah right, better not oppress them any more, slap on the wrist
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.