Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 4 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 27/10/12 k/off 730pm AEDST

This team, ffs. Sort the defence out, muppets!

Why do we have to make every game nervous? Can't we just wrap it up with confidence for once?

Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    Why do we have to make every game nervous? Can't we just wrap it up with confidence for once?
    ^This.

Still not convinced we have the defence to achieve anything spectacular this season, to be honest.

yeah would love to one day enjoy the last 10 knowing the game is safe. just waiting for us to go to the corner and pretend we are good at holding possesion there.

Quote Originally Posted by Muswellbrookian View Post
    Still not convinced we have the defence to achieve anything spectacular this season, to be honest.
    yeah same, they can do some stupid things and not sure they can delivery 90 mins without a brain explosion.

Well that was fun.

Much improved 2nd half - good work by gary with the change of formation and spray he gave them at half time.

Positives - birra - my man of match, has made it next to impossible for bk to overtake him if he keeps that form going
    - thought jobe had a great game, cut out of lot of mistakes by those around him
    - heskey's goals, thought he would be great in a-league and so far is proving it, could see him winning the golden boot if we go far this season

Negatives - long balls, especially first half (pretty sure that was what gary was giving them the spray for at half time)
    - kanta and zad together - much improved in second half when zad was pushed wide - too many miss hit passes or miss controlled balls putting the team under pressure when the two of the play (keep zad drop kanta)
    - defence still isnt settled - need the same 4 in there consistently so we can try and cut out the stupid mistakes and brain explosions

But most importantly Jets top of the league

When does normal service resume?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    anyone see the crowd figure?

Did Heskey cam keep going after Heskey got benched?

How the **** Victory managed to lose that game is beyond me, putting your chances away wins matches.

But our first half in defence was abysmal and we should have been by at least 2 going into the 2nd half.

crowd was nearly 14k.

Wheelhouse was horrible in the 1st half. better in the 2nd.
    Josh Mitchell. Dear oh dear. Have a seat son.

I'm not convinced that we are world beaters at all. But look at the difference of having a poacher in the side. All the good teams have one.
    We are grinding out results this year that would have been a draw or loss last year.

Kanta was good.
    Last edited by howardyou; 26-10-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Kanta deserves credit

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    anyone see the crowd figure?

At the end of the day we played exactly as well as we needed to to get the result, if we can do that every game this season, I'll be happy.

Agree on the comments about our defence but I think it's more a case of Mitchell and Tiago making too many careless errors as CB's. Ritter and Brillante on the other hand were two of our best. Ritter in my opinion has been probably our most consistent performer over the opening four games while Brillante had one of the best starting debuts of a Jets player I've seen for quite a while. Only four games in and Heskey has proven that if you give him the service....he will score goals....he OWNS the six yard box!!!! As has been well-documented he wasn't a prolific scorer in the EPL, I bet deep down he would be loving this purple patch of goal scoring now in the HAL.

Wheelhouse was the only player wanting the ball in the first half and eventually the others in the midfield realised they needed to get open. Feel sorry for Mitchell a bit every time he was on the ball no one was moving on the left and they pushed up on wheelhouse and forced the error from Mitchell when his only option was to pump it long.someones been in his ear about too many long balls I think.
    Birra had a top game, can see him getting really settled in with every game. Brillante was also solid, only got fooled once by Archie.
    All in all solid performance in the second half but I have not much confidence in our centre back pairing. One thing is for sure tiago will most definitely be suspended before rd 10.

Had to laugh at Milligan trying to palm Heskey's shot out of the net and then claiming handball from the big guy. Typical bloody Victory player.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Agree on the comments about our defence but I think it's more a case of Mitchell and Tiago making too many careless errors as CB's. Ritter and Brillante on the other hand were two of our best. Ritter in my opinion has been probably our most consistent performer over the opening four games while Brillante had one of the best starting debuts of a Jets player I've seen for quite a while. Only four games in and Heskey has proven that if you give him the service....he will score goals....he OWNS the six yard box!!!! As has been well-documented he wasn't a prolific scorer in the EPL, I bet deep down he would be loving this purple patch of goal scoring now in the HAL.
    Have to disagree about Ritter, especially first half tonight. He was right in front if us and he was caught out numerous times.

Yes defence is an issue. Mitchell was very mixed tonight. When Archie broke through for his cross first half he just couldn't keep up! It's a shame Chapman is heading away. Regan should get a run next week.

On the other hand Kanta had his best game in ages. Well done mate!

Quote Originally Posted by bjquick View Post
    Did Heskey cam keep going after Heskey got benched?
    Became Bridgycam.