Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 4 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 27/10/12 k/off 730pm AEDST

loose

club led?
    we will loose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    jesus christ calm down.. obviously i made a mistake and i am glad you picked it up..

no need for hostility though.. jesus its an internet forum
    Apoligies if it came across as hostility the Member is just partial to dropping the F Bomb.

Can you enlighten me though as to why you are calling for Kanta's inclusion which IMHO is a total left field call considering his form and regular level of ineptness

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    this is going is huge for the jerks imo

win and we are the real deal, top 4 contenders, big crowds, deans out etc

lose and normal service resumed, sky is falling, deans out

knowing us will lose
    This.

Also, anyone else thinking we need to drop Jobe? He had a few good touches on the weekend but when Brown is healthy we'll have to pick 3 midfielders from him, Kanta, Zad, Brown, Pepper and Riberio. I don't know, just thinking ahead...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcastleForLife View Post
    This.

Also, anyone else thinking we need to drop Jobe? He had a few good touches on the weekend but when Brown is healthy we'll have to pick 3 midfielders from him, Kanta, Zad, Brown, Pepper and Riberio. I don't know, just thinking ahead...
    Just goes to show what a dumb idea it was to give Jobe the captaincy. Unfortunately as captain he HAS to be picked.

Captaincy should always be going to the bloke most respected in the team who will always be in the first XI come what may. Grifflet or Zads should have been given the job as both blokes are always gonna be picked somewhere in the XI Jobe is no definite

^ Yeah, completely agree. I see Jobe as a squad player. I think he's good, but I don't think he should be played 90 minutes every week and I think it was a bad idea giving him the armband. Would surely be too disheartening to take it off him, but then again McFlynn was benched for Bling on the weekend...

Surely we could leave Jobe as club captain, and have someone else (Griff springs to mind) as first team captain? That way he is still captain of the cub, but GvE wouldn't have to pick him week in, week out.

I rate jobe. he's not as crazy as rubez, but still tough. can switch a ball better than most in the Hal also. is also good for a freakish goal or two a season.

gve is clearly not a fan of bernardo. I won't be surprised by the end of the year that our starting lineup is:

--------------biraz-------------
    neville--tiago---Mitchell--solid
    --------zadkid---jobe----------
    ryu-------brown-------goodwin
    ----------heskeytime-----------

subs: bk, kanta, taggz, brillante

and yep, that's virgilli-less on purpose. just my opinion on how it'll pan out by 2013
    OK

Jobes been great this year. One of our best. Him and Rubes owning the mids. His passing has been lovely.
    I rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Swap Regan for Neville if fit
    Hoping for another strong performance against these lot, we usually beat them at home. After their travelling fans burn down the away bay of course.....
    this stuffs our chance. refs will crucify us.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Lets watch our Scarves this time abit better Parksey
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jobes been great this year. One of our best. Him and Rubes owning the mids. His passing has been lovely.
    I rate him.
    This.

Shut up MFKS. You give me a headache.
    We are nothing until we finally shrug off common defeats and poor performances our home turf.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Jobe's been one of our best so far this year. I always think it's strange to see how much praise Zad gets compared to Wheelhouse, who is usually a lot more composed and efficient.

I definitely wouldn't start Brillante ahead of Regan either, presuming Neville isn't fit in time.

the reason zadkid gets praise more than jobe is things like in the 85th minute when most of the team is walking, all tarek-elrich-style, rubez is sprinting his but off chasing some passback. while i rate jobe, he doesn't bring 90minutes of intensity like rubez does. i also think rubez is just as good at passing as jobe is, which i imagine a lot of people will say is a feature jobe is better at. rubez can ping a ball beautifully across field (see goodwin's chest around bojic) and can switch play out of tight positions too (see chilli's run for heskeytime's goal), whilst still being a nutcase in defence.

in regards to regan vs anyone, i just don't totally get the regan love tbh. he's a scrappy defender, was made to look good by how bad nts was. he's not really a ball-player/creator. every trial i've watched him play alongside any other cb, it's noticeable that the likes of chapman, mitchell, tiago, etc are all a class above regan. they handle themselves a lot more like a professional player, whereas regan relies on man-marking & good talk (which aren't necessarily bad traits, just something i'd prefer to have on my bench when someone was injured as opposed to starting him over one of our class players). brillante/chapman would create a lot more for us from rb imo. i don't remember regan getting forward much/ever on the weekend, in general play or with the ball.
    Last edited by pv4; 23-10-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    OK

I think we will win. 3-1

Agree with the sentiments about Jobe - think he has been doing well this year and is still a very tough midfielder. The captaincy has matured him and while still being hard, he isn't picking up anywhere near the number of silly yellow cards he was in previous years, and his fouls have decreased too I feel. He has learnt controlled agression and when to exert it and influence the game.

As for Brown, he will come in for Virgili I think. Push him wide or into the spot Griff has been filling behind Heskey, or push Zad wide and slot him in next to Jobe. Tough call where to fit him in and where...

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    we rode our luck against the Mariners, I don't reckon we'll be as lucky this week

it'll be ugly as all get out and I reckon it'll be both teams trying to lose it with defensive stuff ups

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Agree with the sentiments about Jobe - think he has been doing well this year and is still a very tough midfielder. The captaincy has matured him and while still being hard, he isn't picking up anywhere near the number of silly yellow cards he was in previous years, and his fouls have decreased too I feel. He has learnt controlled agression and when to exert it and influence the game.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    This.
    Cheers Bon.

Thinking about it some more, the person I think that has been the biggest influence on Jobe's game and helped him become the player he is now is Kasey Wehrman. His composure and distribution reminds me very much of when Kasey was filling in that role 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    the reason zadkid gets praise more than jobe is things like in the 85th minute when most of the team is walking, all tarek-elrich-style, rubez is sprinting his but off chasing some passback. while i rate jobe, he doesn't bring 90minutes of intensity like rubez does. i also think rubez is just as good at passing as jobe is, which i imagine a lot of people will say is a feature jobe is better at. rubez can ping a ball beautifully across field (see goodwin's chest around bojic) and can switch play out of tight positions too (see chilli's run for heskeytime's goal), whilst still being a nutcase in defence.
    rubez doesn't go to the 95th minute, though

dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Lets watch our Scarves this time abit better Parksey
    well did you see the horda got the red army banner...
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    rubez doesn't go to the 95th minute, though
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece
    i dunno bout you, but when i play roundball and have worked my ass off heaps & have seen heaps of the ball, i tend to do more mistakes. the less times you touch the ball, the less cock-ups you do or are remembered for. i <3 rubez for the amount of effort he puts in, and most of the time he gives the ball away "limply" is when he's just won a tackle and hasn't gotten full control of it yet. i prefer a full-throttle player who may make some errors to someone who plays it safe and would rather play a short side-pass than take a risk (edit: a risk that has a chance of being pulled off, not ridiculous flicks and the like).

the thing about someone like kanta - if they gave the ball away so much/limply, i would be pissed. because chances are he's been walking for most of the match and doesn't even remotely look interested in playing (see: round 1).

dead-set, if kanta did that turn & play in the build-up for heskey's goal, he would be back in bayern's books.
    Last edited by pv4; 23-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    OK