Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 4 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory 27/10/12 k/off 730pm AEDST

rubez 95th minute vs gypos

had three players to play a simple pass to. could have shot too, as ryan was 30m off his line

instead, tries to skip past a defender and trips over the ball

directly from this, rose crosses to zwanswijk.

all effort, no intelligence
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece
    Between this and the Birraz BK think you might need to start wearing this...

ok got what you meant now. well yeah, he screwed that up, but i don't think anyone is under any illusion that he is perfect with every play.

if we are clouding our opinions on players from single moments, should we actually deport kanta to greece after his lack of intelligence when he had a legitimate long-shot opportunity that required only a shot on target to score, and instead took a touch or two and passed it?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

--------------biraz-------------
    neville--tiago---Mitchell--solid
    --------zadkid---jobe----------
    ryu-------brown-------goodwin
    ----------heskeytime-----------
    This is my starting 11 as well.

IMO Rubez would be perfect in a deeper role with Jobe in front of the back four. IMO we've seen the worst of him when he is further up the park as he tries to do too much. I think if he sits further back and is simply there to control the game and do the hard running he would excel. Himself and Jobe can both pass the ball around well and he has the athleticism to work in the "engine room". When he is further forward or out wide he nearly always tries to do too much, he turns towards the opposition and away from his own players, he will frequently choose against making the simple pass in an effort to beat 2 players down the sideline, this imo is the wrong decision.

I think Jobe had a good game against the coasties tbh, was strong in to the challenges and won a fair few balls. He does have a touch of the "alex song" about his where he never really looks energised, he doesn't really buzz around the pitch. I do think he adds a little composure and "calm" to the middle of the park. Another reason why I think him and rubez in a deep role would be a perfect combo.

God damn I can't wait for brown to be fit, what a delicious front line.

If the goal had stood, I personally would have strung Rubes up at the front gates. Tiredness is no excuse to be careless - a simple through ball would have been enough. Even if the Coasties got the ball then there was no time to turn around and get back up the other end.

I just hope he learns and realises how close he came to stuffing the whole game up with rash decisions at the start and end of the game.

Banned
    dead-set, if it was kanta who gave the ball away so limply, people would want him deported to greece
    Is Greece far enough away though?? I would prefer something a little further away. Can he also take Jesic with him??

I think it's easy to forget this type of thing can happen to world class players, as I stated in the other post all you have to do is look at juanfran for Spain against France recently. This of course is no excuse and let's all hope we don't have to talk about this kind of thing again. And thank fk the goal was disallowed.

The reason I was concerned about how easily (and often) we gave away the ball against the coasties was less about that game and more about games against other opposition. If we gift the ball the victory as much as we did on the weekend then we will struggle. Watching the replay we played so many non-crisp, bouncing passes when a simple quick pass along the ground was available. These lead to players receiving the ball having less time, they rush their pass and it goes astray. Saw several of these types of passes out of the middle of the park, particularly from jobe. He needs to stay focused and deliver nice sharp passes that give our wide players the most amount of time and space etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Is Greece far enough away though?? I would prefer something a little further away. Can he also take Jesic with him??
    Straight to the moon.

I've been trying to get on the inside of WSW and have suggested that Jesic would be a perfect solution for their goal woes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    I think it's easy to forget this type of thing can happen to world class players, as I stated in the other post all you have to do is look at juanfran for Spain against France recently. This of course is no excuse and let's all hope we don't have to talk about this kind of thing again. And thank fk the goal was disallowed.

The reason I was concerned about how easily (and often) we gave away the ball against the coasties was less about that game and more about games against other opposition. If we gift the ball the victory as much as we did on the weekend then we will struggle. Watching the replay we played so many non-crisp, bouncing passes when a simple quick pass along the ground was available. These lead to players receiving the ball having less time, they rush their pass and it goes astray. Saw several of these types of passes out of the middle of the park, particularly from jobe. He needs to stay focused and deliver nice sharp passes that give our wide players the most amount of time and space etc.
    Probably the most irritating thing for me in the Sydney and Gypo games is after taking leads we sat back and allowed the opposition to come at us. Our midfield lost the plot and started to sit way too deep. Ironically in the last 10 mins of each game we started to keep a bit better shape and as a result started to retain possession a bit more with the opportunity to counter being prevalent. JUst like the Foz discussion on defending of corners our midfield and attackers need to also stay far enough up the park to allow us to retain ball when we win it back in our half after a period of defending

What is also concerning is that for certain spells in these games when put under some pressure although we have shown courage by digging in we have also lost the plot with some ridiculous amount of just kicking the ball away. Many times the opposition are dominating possession and we are back defending and holding them at bay we finally get the ball off them and someone either hoofs it up the middle of the park to no one or kicks it out for a throw in. As a result the pressure continues.

I understand that at times you just need to put your foot through the ball and occasionally Get it the **** out but our blokes are taking this approach at times unnecessarily as they ain't looking to find a teammate and our players are not making the effort to turn defence into attack. Once we win the ball the priority for all players should be to take up a position to receive the ball yet far too many of our blokes are going great we are off the hook here and taking the opportunity to bludge and leave it to someone else

The Egg needs to put some serious work in here. We have some massive potential to rape some sides on the counter Goody Chilli Grifflet Zads all like to run forward.

Grifflet aka Snifflet aka Grifflite is at Sydney

You are presumably referring to RyGriff
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The difference is that kanta is shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

What is also concerning is that for certain spells in these games when put under some pressure although we have shown courage by digging in we have also lost the plot with some ridiculous amount of just kicking the ball away. Many times the opposition are dominating possession and we are back defending and holding them at bay we finally get the ball off them and someone either hoofs it up the middle of the park to no one or kicks it out for a throw in. As a result the pressure continues.

I understand that at times you just need to put your foot through the ball and occasionally Get it the **** out but our blokes are taking this approach at times unnecessarily as they ain't looking to find a teammate and our players are not making the effort to turn defence into attack. Once we win the ball the priority for all players should be to take up a position to receive the ball yet far too many of our blokes are going great we are off the hook here and taking the opportunity to bludge and leave it to someone else
    THIS.

Completely and whole-heartedly agree. It was so frustrating watching the play and seeing us win the ball around our box and just hoof it to their back-line or even out for a throw. This is what I mean about respecting the ball and respecting possession. We have potentially the best man in the league for holding up the ball with his back to goal yet I have not really see us use him in this way yet. I understand he's strong in the air and is thus a useful tool when defending, however imo he should be hovering just inside our half so that WHEN we win possession he can be dropping in to receiving the ball, hold it up, maybe win a foul or lay off to someone charging out of defence, thus relieving the pressure. This kind of shit should not be taken lightly and can have a massive impact on the game. Being able to break up the opposition momentum (particularly when you're team is under siege) is allows you to take a quick break physically, regain your shape and boost morale. You should not be defending backs against the wall with 10+ mins of the game left, it's just asking for trouble.

Also, isn't round 4 the anniversary of when we took the clipboard off Deans last year and got GVE back?

Can we get the players and fans to do one of those "one minute of clapping" that the European chaps do so well?

Banned
    Someone start a sack slater FB page before friday night. he might get thrown and no more red rat rooter. YES

Deans will stay as long as GVE is here as he doesn't feel threatened by him...why do you think others have been turfed with much higher qualifications. Deans is the yes guy.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

This is something we really need to look at, or we could just ship him off to Malta with Franny, they worked well together.

Would be very surprised if Jesic doesn't go to WSW at the end of his contract.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Would be very surprised if Jesic doesn't go to WSW at the end of his contract.
    WSW already have enough shit players there ie Cankles

What would they need Jesic for???

He's from there, he has said he wants to go back home, and his best mates Topor and Tarek are there. He'd take a paycut to go home.

Admittedly, WSW management would have to take the risk on his overall shitness !

Hopefully WSW scouts are looking at Football Manager 2013 where Jesic is clearly our third best striker and has the potential to be better than Griff.