Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HAL 12/13 Round 4 - Other Fixtures

crap results and no draws to help our cause

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Watch his contribution then and name me what else he contributed on Friday night. HE was pretty anonymous until Heskeytime started. He was pretty anonymous after Heskeytime finished.

Does that warrant the Man Of the Match award?? For 2 touches in the 6 yard box not in my eyes. If the rest of his game was good to very good maybe but he was a bit below par in general play and barely got a kick the rest of the time bar Heskeytime
    maybe I should watch the game again but I thought most of the game Mlb had 5 at the back with a guy sitting in front of heskey so we couldnt play to him direct too often.If this is the case he's already contributing cause others have more space. Oh yeah and I think he scored 2 and we won 2 - 1. Also drops deep and helps defend but your probably right he's lazy and overrated...Heskey Out !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    maybe I should watch the game again but I thought most of the game Mlb had 5 at the back with a guy sitting in front of heskey so we couldnt play to him direct too often.If this is the case he's already contributing cause others have more space. Oh yeah and I think he scored 2 and we won 2 - 1. Also drops deep and helps defend but your probably right he's lazy and overrated...Heskey Out !
    Your right there was a 5 man back line surrounding Heskey for most of the time making life incredibly difficult for the big man. Where did I say he was lazy and over rated. All I said he was anonymous for most of the game. The anonymity came about because of the stifling tactics employed by Victree around Heskey.

I am just a big believer that MOM awards should be based on positive contributions to the team cause and players playing to above their perceived level of ability. ADP should only get a MOM when he has a great game for the Smurfs not because of one fancy turn or free kick and 85 mins of anonymity. After all everyone already knows he is a great player. He should get it when he contributes solidly through the 90 mins with the occasional moments of class thrown in.

Just because Heskey scored 2 goals the other night doesn't and shouldn't disguise the fact the rest of his performance was limited and minor. There are mitigating circumstances for this in Victrees tactics but let me ask the question if the game finished prior to Heskeytime striking what do you give him out of 10 for his efforts??? Can't imagine it would be that high.

The way you develop your views on MOM awards and such are the precise reason why defenders and Keepers never win Major awards like the Johnny Warren Medal and they always go to big names the Goal Scorers/ Playmakers and keepers and defenders never get a look in.

Was at heart v scum, **** it was a poor game. crowd shit as well, mid 6k iirc

the disappointing thing was matty thompson coming off and walking past the mariners bench to get all cosy with arnold!

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    the disappointing thing was matty thompson coming off and walking past the mariners bench to get all cosy with arnold!
    Vomits all round
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis