Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Podcasts

Just listenng to the soccer stoppage time show.....it's hard going.

They ask de Bohoun about the active support restrictions very vaguely, I think his answer was along the lines of "the sydney derby was a success and proves things will be okay"

Few questions.

1. Did I hear this right (kids were wrestling in the background and it was hard to hear)
    2. If so, what crack is he smoking? Derby was always going to sell out. Actives were always going to be active.

Just gave "Behind the Game" a go.

Seems to be a WSW fan who travels around the place interviewing fans of the A-League about their experiences. The only reason I gave it a go was his recent episode is an interview with Andy Roberts.

Not a fan of this pod tbh - I don't feel any connection with the host guy and think there are some weird pauses, gaps, questions, etc (note: I've only listened to the Andy Roberts and ScouseRoar ones. Also note that I realise I am not perfect when I am on the Jerkstream).

Speaking of which, incase you've somehow found this thread but missed all the other notices everywhere - listen to the Jetstream!
    OK

behind the gamne - i agree, its started as a WSW love in.

andy roberts and scouse roar interviews are the best, the one with ian syson i was lookingforward to with great anticipation but the sound quality made it very very hard to listen to.

"the aleague snob" pod is okay, very dry sense of humour which i chuckle at.

i have started listening to the BBC world football phone in on saturdays again.

good listen

usually tim vickery on talking about all south american football and than they have 1 guy from all the other continents week to week.

the US guy is outstanding when he is on and tim vickerys knowledge of south american football is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Behind the Game did a pod with Todd Blackwell, a jerks fan. Does Todd frequent these forums?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Behind the Game did a pod with Todd Blackwell, a jerks fan. Does Todd frequent these forums?
    Not sure if you know who it is and are just stirring someone up by trying to out them.. haha..
    Blackmac? Todd G? I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Not sure if you know who it is and are just stirring someone up by trying to out them.. haha..
    Blackmac? Todd G? I don't know..
    It was a genuine q. I know it's not Blackmac or Todd G.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It was a genuine q. I know it's not Blackmac or Todd G.
    He's on twitter, I know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So I ended up changing over to android. I need advice on the best podcast app because downcast don't do android.

What do you all use? I'm particularly looking for the ability to create a number of playlists from various pods
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I use BeyondPod
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Santo Sam and Ed now have a weekly podcast.

They're up to episode 2 and it was better than episode 1. They're still working out how to do the audio gags I think. Much harder to do than visual gags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Santo Sam and Ed now have a weekly podcast.

They're up to episode 2 and it was better than episode 1. They're still working out how to do the audio gags I think. Much harder to do than visual gags.
    I've been keen to see how their humour would move over to audio-only, because so many of their gags are visual based.

Still, love SS&E so will definitely jump on board.
    OK

Their previous podcast series (on MMM a few years back and still available) took a week or two to ramp up but was great once they got rolling.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 13-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Listened to S-Town series yesterday. It is from the team at This American Life and Serial.

I wasn't a massive fan, to be honest. There is a twist, but overall the podcast didn't go the direction I thought it was after listening to the first.

James Richardson and Ben Green (producer Ben) have left Football Weekly podcast to join Muddy Knees Media (created by Iain Mackintosh) to create a new show called the Total Football Show.

Furns applied for both positions, but was unsuccessful - which is great news for Jetstream listeners because he stays and you don't have to listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    James Richardson and Ben Green (producer Ben) have left Football Weekly podcast to join Muddy Knees Media (created by Iain Mackintosh) to create a new show called the Total Football Show.

Furns applied for both positions, but was unsuccessful - which is great news for Jetstream listeners because he stays and you don't have to listen to me.
    Clearly my lack of professionalism and an abundance of hair was detrimental to my prospects.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Clearly my lack of professionalism and an abundance of hair was detrimental to my prospects.

I started listening to a podcast called The Mixer Podcast. It takes a look at premier league tactics over the years. It's from the group that do the Football Ramble. Interesting so far.

Crime in Sports
    &
    Hard Core History

2 of the best.