Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Lightbulb Podcasts

Other than the Jetstream, what are some of the Podcasts people are listening to or find interesting? I'm looking for something a bit different to listen to.

Doesn't necessarily have to be sport related either. Could be business, lifestyle, whatever.

Me - I'm listening to the Guardian Football Weekly, a few of the Triple M ones (but I find Ray Warren so infuriating with his ignorance towards football or anyone or thing he doesn't particularly like), 442 and there is a new one call Ultimate A-League (they are doing alright - still getting the hang in my opinion).

I produce an aussie football podcast for FFDU called the ozfootballpubcast, go to ffdu.net for links, the 442 Insider podcast is alright, the best LFC podcast by far is The Anfield Wrap.
    others include the Football Ramble, Football Pubcast (UK version), 5 live Football Daily, World Football Phone in, BBC World Service

The Football Sack and Ultimate A-League are other aussie ones, but I have taken them off my podcast list.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

the tuesday club

/goaliepersempre
    OK

442 insider is actually getting better imo

big 5 live football daily listener especially the monday night club.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

got in before me pv4... BUT The Tuesday Club is amazing.. for laughter
    Amigos Aarau

My fave pods -
    The Tuesday Club - Arsenal pod
    Arsecast - Arseblog pod, it's ok.
    Guardian's Football Weekly - General Football (is v. good)
    442 Insider - A-league centric, decent pod.
    Mike and Tom Eat Snacks - A pod in which snacks are reviewed via the PER system (Pick a snack, Eat a snack, Rate a snack). Silly humour from two comedian mates, love it. Takes a few episodes to get in to.
    Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - Kevin Smith (Bob) and Jason Mewes (Jay) perform a live pod where they talk shit and Jay tells stories of yore. An intervention podcast to help Jay stay clean. Hilarious stories.

Listened to one Ultimate A-League pod and could not stand it.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 23-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Football Ramble - Light-hearted views on mainly EPL
    Football Weekly - great pod, full of insight and covering a broad range of leagues
    N-Power Football League podcast - does what it says on the tin
    Sunday Supplement - Another informative pod, goes through headlines of a Sunday (UK time) morning and talks about the issues therein
    5 Live Football Daily - Good quality pod, sometimes do fans forum things based in En-ger-land
    606 Football Phone-in - Takes callers mostly after matches to discuss their issues etc. Also has Robbie Savage putting numpties in their place

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    My fave pods -
    Mike and Tom Eat Snacks - A pod in which snacks are reviewed via the PER system (Pick a snack, Eat a snack, Rate a snack). Silly humour from two comedian mates, love it. Takes a few episodes to get in to.
    Jay and Silent Bob Get Old - Kevin Smith (Bob) and Jason Mewes (Jay) perform a live pod where they talk shit and Jay tells stories of yore. An intervention podcast to help Jay stay clean. Hilarious stories.

Gave Mike and Tom a go yesterday. Geez they talk some crap! They very easily get distracted. Not bad though...cheers! Will stick with it for a few weeks.

Trying Tuesday club now

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I produce an aussie football podcast for FFDU called the ozfootballpubcast, go to ffdu.net for links, the 442 Insider podcast is alright, the best LFC podcast by far is The Anfield Wrap.
    others include the Football Ramble, Football Pubcast (UK version), 5 live Football Daily, World Football Phone in, BBC World Service

The Football Sack and Ultimate A-League are other aussie ones, but I have taken them off my podcast list.
    I'll try FFDU Furns, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Gave Mike and Tom a go yesterday. Geez they talk some crap! They very easily get distracted. Not bad though...cheers! Will stick with it for a few weeks.
    Ha yes, yes they do. The "snackology" in the pod is basically an excuse for them to hang out and talk shit, serious shit. I find it hilarious and once you get to know their inside jokes and repartee it's really enjoyable.

Which ep did you listen to? (what snack)

Ha yes, yes they do. The "snackology" in the pod is basically an excuse for them to hang out and talk shit, serious shit. I find it hilarious and once you get to know their inside jokes and repartee it's really enjoyable.

Which ep did you listen to? (what snack)
    I listened to Halvah, their latest one. They haven't released on for a while...

My fave pods -

This one interests me the most...non football. I'll give it a run. Certainly my era...film wise at least.

its pretty good for the most part, Jay seems to have ****ed half of the planet and snorted/injected/smoked the other half
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Jay and Silent Bob Get Old is hilarious (imo). If you can laugh at silly fart during sex stories then you'll enjoy it.

Latest one was hilarious, and holy shit where did Jay find these girls? Is that shit legit?

On a side note, it inspired me to watch Clerks for the first time last night, interesting...

i lasted about 5mins into the football sack, and couldn't stand it anymore. those guys are not funny, not witty & not insightful.

will try out the ultimate a-league one.

i enjoyed ffdu & fourfourtwo insider.

tuesday club is great too.

i can't bring myself to check out the anfield wrap - i have troubles listening to pool fans' "insight" at the best of times. they're as bad as tottenham, syd fc & ccm fans.
    OK

ultimate a-league is just as bad as the football sack. they spend half the time saying "ummm, ahhh" & the deeper-voiced bloke needs a speech ferapist (yep) to teach him how to pronounce his "th"s.
    OK

Jay and Silent Bob Get Old is hilarious (imo). If you can laugh at silly fart during sex stories then you'll enjoy it.

Latest one was hilarious, and holy shit where did Jay find these girls? Is that shit legit?

On a side note, it inspired me to watch Clerks for the first time last night, interesting...
    Note all the SMODCO podcasts are great

SMODCO
    BABBLE ON
    Fat man on batman (if you like the dark knight)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    ultimate a-league is just as bad as the football sack. they spend half the time saying "ummm, ahhh" & the deeper-voiced bloke needs a speech ferapist (yep) to teach him how to pronounce his "th"s.
    Agree. I've given up on them for that reason, but alos because they mustn't do any preparation or research.

They don't know players, they can't pronounce team names or player names, they don't even know who A-League players are. Fail to prepare...prepare to fail.

Struggling with 5-Live Daily too. Monday one is good but the rest are pretty crap. Also find Anfield Wrap a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Jets featured on FW again after the heskey double! YEWWWWWWWW

Not bad russ!!