Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Good Job Brain - wife found this pod and it's pretty good! Interesting topics

If you are a LFC supporter and not listening to The Anfield Wrap - you are missing out.

Oh and they will be in Melbourne during the LFC preseason tour with Craig Johnston.

Win.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Ultimate A-League, THe Football Sack, 442 Insider, ESPN FC Podcast

Has the Ultimate A-League mob got any better? They were really try-hard professional but their knowledge and preparation was woeful.

I found the Ultimate A-League and Football Sack podcasts virtually unlistenable so havent bothered to check them out recently.

Give the FFDU ozfootballpubcast a go, at least we make it entertaining ffs

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I found the Ultimate A-League and Football Sack podcasts virtually unlistenable so havent bothered to check them out recently.
    I haven't given the Ultimate A-League guys another go and I don't think I will. I have also found the 442 Podcast to have really dropped in quality. Their sound levels, as they always were, are all over the place. You turn the volume up while one bloke talks, then the other pipes in and your ear are near bleeding! Plus they are playing interviews off an Iphone!! The level of professionalism dropped.

I started listening to "The A-League Show". It's pretty good. FoxSports Football Show is very good too - Peacock, Simon Hill and Daniel Garb.

FFT fixed their sound quality in the last pod. Enough people kicked up a stink about it, so they've relocated rooms & the sound is much better. It's probably the best HAL podcast I've listened to, apart from the moments of FFDU where they discuss HAL.

Might give the a-league show & FS one a go.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    FFT fixed their sound quality in the last pod. Enough people kicked up a stink about it, so they've relocated rooms & the sound is much better. It's probably the best HAL podcast I've listened to, apart from the moments of FFDU where they discuss HAL.

Might give the a-league show & FS one a go.
    That's interesting about 442. I might give it another go now. It's good to hear they have decided to fix the issue.

How are them cockerills going furns?
    OK

Why you cancel Xmas furns?

For anyone that has any remote interest, Mike and Tom Eat Snacks have started podding again after a 6+month hiatus. I got onto this pod thanks to russjaybee, but it's legit one of the best things ever. I highly recommend to any and everyone. But if you're starting new, I would stress that you listen from Ep 1 onwards, and not jump in at a random episode because you'll miss so many in-jokes that get developed over the episodes. I've been told their main site doesn't have before ep 38, but I think there's a soundcloud that has all of them. Get on it!

Also I've started to listen to How Did This Get Made thanks to a recommendation by The Postman (new-ish foz user, all round good guy) and it's been pretty funny already. It's a pod where they review shit movies

Also also also - the tuesday club is back on
    OK

I started listening to Sleek-Geeks from ep 1. It's Dr Karl and Adam Spencer.

very light but informative. Short episodes too - 15-25 minutes. Recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I started listening to Sleek-Geeks from ep 1. It's Dr Karl and Adam Spencer.

very light but informative. Short episodes too - 15-25 minutes. Recommended.
    Don't mind Dr Karl's Triple J podcast either, if you are into the light science things. Few fun facts.

The Anfield Wrap - obviously Liverpool based, do a decent job.

Have been trying a few others, but i find them a little boring/bland. I tried The Guardian's world cup pod casts and they were pretty dodgy.

Actually don't mind Fox sports' A-League pod, if you can get past Simon Hills Man City love-in and general ego, it's not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Don't mind Dr Karl's Triple J podcast either, if you are into the light science things. Few fun facts.

The Anfield Wrap - obviously Liverpool based, do a decent job.

Have been trying a few others, but i find them a little boring/bland. I tried The Guardian's world cup pod casts and they were pretty dodgy.

Actually don't mind Fox sports' A-League pod, if you can get past Simon Hills Man City love-in and general ego, it's not bad...
    I don't mind Dr Karl's either, Brem - his tangents are very odd sometimes yet still entertaining.

The Guardian one is one of my favourites. You're right on the FoxSports pod - it's one of the better ones.

I do listen to The A-League Show but it's very big city focused but they like Newcastle so it's ok in that respect. They're young guys trying hard and could do some more research but it's also one of the better ones. I gave up on 442 pod last year - has the sound quality improved?

I listen to Good Job Brain. It's a bit hard to take sometimes but really easy listening. Very American centric
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

442 podcast isn't going anymore

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    442 podcast isn't going anymore
    442 Insider? They made a new ep last week.

The sound is a lot better than what you remember Jpool - they had serious issues for a while there. Only problem with the new one is sometimes their chairs squeak or you'll hear a phone vibrate or something. But for the most part, it was good. Andy Jackson isn't on it anymore though, which is a shame as he was quality.
    Last edited by pv4; 22-10-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    OK

Tuesday Club have a special podcast coming out this week re the book coming out this week about that wonderful season of the Invincibles... Oh and last weeks was brilliant :P was listening to it whilst driving on the freeway in Italy.. good times...
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    442 Insider? They made a new ep last week.

The sound is a lot better than what you remember Jpool - they had serious issues for a while there. Only problem with the new one is sometimes their chairs squeak or you'll hear a phone vibrate or something. But for the most part, it was good. Andy Jackson isn't on it anymore though, which is a shame as he was quality.
    Really? They hadn't made one in ages so I deleted it from my podcast app. I can live without it.

Listening to it right now. You're not missing much Furns, without Andy Jackson is just Airs being agreed with for 45minutes.

In podcast related news I was briefly a guest on the Yellow Fever podcast released today to give a Newy perspective ahead of our clash this weekend