Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Reserves don't want Lord Grif

Banned
    Play Tagz in there as well and we can have a 6 man forward line and take the comp by storm.

Zads bossing midfield on his own with a 3 man defence of Tarago Ritter and Chapo

The 3-1-6 formation could be the new revolution to sweep the world of football

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Having a forward line of R.Griffo, J.Griffo, Heskey, Brown, Goody - who would miss out and what forward formation?
    Move Goodwin to LB, we don't need to worry about conceding with that frontline.

RW Brown
    LW RyGriff
    RS Griff
    LS Heskey then Taggart when Heskey retires.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Play Tagz in there as well and we can have a 6 man forward line and take the comp by storm.

Zads bossing midfield on his own with a 3 man defence of Tarago Ritter and Chapo

The 3-1-6 formation could be the new revolution to sweep the world of football
    Zads bossing the midfield, u are kidding right. Zadkovich and Mitchell have been pathetic he last 2 weeks and you would have him there ahead of wheelhouse, wow. All zads is good for is firing the other team up by acting like a delusional cock then proceeding to give the ball to them every time he gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Zads bossing the midfield, u are kidding right. Zadkovich and Mitchell have been pathetic he last 2 weeks and you would have him there ahead of wheelhouse, wow. All zads is good for is firing the other team up by acting like a delusional cock then proceeding to give the ball to them every time he gets it.
    Lol get a load of this guy.

Banned

This heat is doing some strange things to people

First Grimario was going on about Lord Griffo signing for the Gypos and now we have this piece of deluded wisdom

This heat is doing some strange things to people

First Grimario was going on about Lord Griffo signing for the Gypos and now we have this piece of deluded wisdom

Yes I'm the deluded one. I gained a bit of respect for zadkovich last year but this season he has been an embarrassment. Even my dad who was obsessed with him acknowledges how garbage he is

Yes I'm the deluded one. I gained a bit of respect for zadkovich last year but this season he has been an embarrassment. Even my dad who was obsessed with him acknowledges how garbage he is
    zadkid

I played my first game against the gypos after his signing... and Lord Griffo scored an OG then got sent off. Still Newy.

Zadko isn't shit, Tommyjet can I get some of what you are smoking.

Big fan of Rubes but this year he has been a bit below par. Always gives 100% though and expect him to be killin it very soon.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I don't think we will have to worry about where to play Goodwin if Griffo comes back. Because I'll predict that the transfer payment we get for Goodwin in January will most likely be used to fund Griffos return.

Or maybe not.

From the World Game http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-lea...-WSW-rejection

Quote Originally Posted by TWG
    Griffiths denies WSW rejection

Joel Griffiths has laughed off reports that he was rejected by Western Sydney Wanderers.
    Jones on guard against NewcastleMcDonald continues good formGriffiths goal wraps up his CSL season
    Claims surfaced in a Sydney newspaper last week that the Shanghai Shenhua striker - who has been playing alongside UEFA Champions League winner Didier Drogba this season in the Chinese Super League - had been knocked back as a potential signing by Wanderers coach Tony Popovic.

But the former Newcastle Jets and Beijing Guoan fans' favourite - the scorer of six goals in 17 games in an injury-curtailed season for Shanghai - tells a different story.

He describes the assertion that he had been knocked back by the A-League newcomer as 'funny' and declared the club had 'begged' him to sign.

"There was certainly a chance of me going to Western Sydney and I found the article claiming that I wasn't wanted by them actually quite funny, considering they were hounding me to come back and sign for them," he said.

"I was disappointed with the suggestion that the club weren't interested because they were begging me to come to an agreement.

"Through an agent I know in Sydney we had numerous discussions with Wanderers on salaries and what-not and the reality is that I couldn't drop below a certain price.

"So when I read that they weren't interested it made me laugh in one sense and disappointed me in another way because the truth is far from that.

"I'd had several lengthy discussions with the club and I know that the club had meetings with FFA (its owner) on the issue. I wish Wanderers well but was not impressed with what was written."

Griffiths, who quit the Jets for Beijing Guoan in 2008, earned a reported $1 million for his single season at Shanghai, which underachieved despite the presence of Nicolas Anelka and Drogba, finishing the season on Saturday with a 3-0 win over Qingdao Jonoon but having to be content with 10th on the ladder.

Griffiths, 32, who scored Shanghai's third against Qingdao Jonoon, is now looking forward to a short break back in Australia before, in all likelihood, committing to a new contract at Shanghai or elsewhere in the Chinese Super League.

"I'll decide what to do in December but I am more than happy to stay in China another year. I am comfortable here and enjoy the country and its culture," he said.

"If Shanghai want me then I am happy to talk or there are other possibilities also in China. Shanghai will wait and see who comes and goes before making a decision on making another offer and I am also in contact with several other clubs. I have told everybody I will make a decision after my holiday next month."

Despite finishing the season strongly, Griffiths missed three months of the campaign through a knee injury and admits it took its toll.

"It's the longest period of time I have been out for in my career and it was incredibly frustrating," he said. "I wasn't sure what to do about it times and wasn't always sure whether I could fully depend on what the Chinese doctors and physios were telling me.

"But I am over it now and I enjoyed the last part of the season playing in behind Didier Drogba. I always thought I could do a good job there and I think I will be bigger and better next year."

As for the future of former Chelsea star Drogba in China, Griffiths revealed: "I don't think he knows himself right now whether he will go or stay. We spoke about it just the other night.

"He still has a contract and it all depends I suppose on salaries and what happens there."

So "there was a chance" of him going to WSW. But doesn't look like he wants to come home just yet.

The big question is who he wants to come home to?

disgrace, bring the boy home