Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    But your an actual an overachieving mid table club and have been for over 5 years now.

One day you'll be considered a big club Stanny, likely when you can get a decent crowd at home games. Even West Ham get bigger crowds than you. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

One day you'll be considered a big club Stanny, likely when you can get a decent crowd at home games. Even West Ham get bigger crowds than you. Lol.
    And your crowd is full of tourists.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

And your crowd is full of tourists.
    Take a look at how long our waiting list for memberships are and then come back to me on that mate. Don't forget that we've been in the first division for 94 years now, a record, we have multi generation fans. We have history.

We'd have the largest fan base in London, followed very closely by Spurs, but I'd bet West Ham have more local fans than Chelsea do.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Take a look at how long our waiting list for memberships are and then come back to me on that mate. Don't forget that we've been in the first division for 94 years now, a record, we have multi generation fans. We have history.

We'd have the largest fan base in London, followed very closely by Spurs, but I'd bet West Ham have more local fans than Chelsea do.
    Yeah you have history, Enjoy it. I prefer my club to continue to make history. And the emirates has no atmosphere. 100% mostly tourists and corporates. You sold your soul when you moved to that stadium and watching you and westham do it makes me kinda glad Chelsea have stopped their plans for a new stadium
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Yeah you have history, Enjoy it. I prefer my club to continue to make history. And the emirates has no atmosphere. 100% mostly tourists and corporates. You sold your soul when you moved to that stadium and watching you and westham do it makes me kinda glad Chelsea have stopped their plans for a new stadium
    Sorry, I didn't realise that you've been to the Emirates and asked the attendees, during the game because it's so quiet of course, if they are fans of the club or just on a bus tour of London sites or trying to network or whatever? Lol.

You'd be better off leaving this one for SB to reply to, I think he'll give it more justice than you can right now Stanny.
    Last edited by Frodo; 25-04-2020 at 10:06 PM.

And the emirates has no atmosphere.
    It was pretty friggin awesome when I went to a game there. Just sayin.

Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium, had to bribe to get into 1st division, South London shitstains.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium, had to bribe to get into 1st division, South London shitstains.
    I'll tell you what.. Even if he's not correct, I'm loving your hatred SB.. Good to see a bit of passion coming from a Tottenham fan for once..

Now crowds make a big club?

https://talksport.com/football/58011...um-worst-best/

St James Park it is

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but David Luiz is the worst person (I can't in good conscience call him a footballer) to ever pull on an Arsenal Jersey... And we have Piers Morgan as a fan FFS.

What an absolute flog the bloke is. At least this means we hopefully won't resign him next season and this nightmare is almost over.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    as weird as it sounds, I wanted Arsenal to win today

in that way, I personally got to glimpse the torture that is having David Luiz on your side

for this brief moment, I feel your pain

David luiz cant do it all on his own, 10 other players didnt turn up today as well.

love at first sight

David luiz cant do it all on his own, 10 other players didnt turn up today as well.
    I see what you are saying Stanny, however, David Luiz didn't do anything for the entire second half due to being sent off..
    So technically he didn't do anything on his own, except maybe have an early shower..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I see what you are saying Stanny, however, David Luiz didn't do anything for the entire second half due to being sent off..
    So technically he didn't do anything on his own, except maybe have an early shower..
    That's true but he seems to always be the scapegoat everytime everytime Arsenal lose with him playing. Sure he ****ed up today, but the bloke has won 3 European cups, 1 on one leg after not training for weeks so he can be a good player, Just needs good coaching and a good system

love at first sight

That's true but he seems to always be the scapegoat everytime everytime Arsenal lose with him playing. Sure he ****ed up today, but the bloke has won 3 European cups, 1 on one leg after not training for weeks so he can be a good player, Just needs good coaching and a good system
    Look at what Conte did with Luiz before he left the prem

love at first sight

The bloke is 33 yrs of age, what is good coaching going to do for him?

He may have had 3 good seasons out of the 15 odd years he's had a professional, but overall he's an absolute flog. But it's ok, it's almost all over now.

Also you blokes are criminal these days, you managed to convince teams to pay you cash money for David Luiz, Diego Costa the 2nd time round and that fat bloke who's scored 1 goal all season in a team full of galacticos.

I felt bad when Liverpool paid us £40 odd million for Oxlade Chamberlain, but you guys are way too harsh charging fees for those 3 at all, let alone how big some of the fees were.

The bloke is 33 yrs of age, what is good coaching going to do for him?

He may have had 3 good seasons out of the 15 odd years he's had a professional, but overall he's an absolute flog. But it's ok, it's almost all over now.

Also you blokes are criminal these days, you managed to convince teams to pay you cash money for David Luiz, Diego Costa the 2nd time round and that fat bloke who's scored 1 goal all season in a team full of galacticos.

I felt bad when Liverpool paid us £40 odd million for Oxlade Chamberlain, but you guys are way too harsh charging fees for those 3 at all, let alone how big some of the fees were.
    Look at Italy plenty of old blokes still going strong and the word is Business savy not criminal. You want something from us? Then prepare to pay over the odds. Were also about to get 50mil from Morata. Plenty of clubs wish they had people like Roman, Marina and Bruce Buck running their clubs

love at first sight

Look, watching the game, it is fair to say 9 others didn't turn up (because Leno actually did turn up), but it is hard not to put a massive amount of blame on Luiz.

City are a fantastic team but within reason were being held out by Arsenal (inc Luiz, to his credit). For a good 10 mins leading up to the first goal, it did honestly feel like it was only a matter of time before City scored. But they didn't. Until a minute before half time, Luiz performs what I find fair to describe as a lazy, non-caring, unphased and completely inexcusably lack of professional football ability move that lead directly to City's goal. Scoreline, and mentally, that crippled Arsenal.

Then the penalty - again it was inexcusable from Luiz to even let Mahrez get in behind him to begin with but then all the rest of it. You can't more directly blame him for 2 goals. Plus sending his team down a man.

Arsenal never really looked like winning, Ian Wright in commentary pointed out perfectly at half time that unless Arsenal showed intent to get Auba and/or Saka the ball there was no chance they'd threaten in any way (which included Luiz not getting them the ball, fyi). But for what was a hang in there, competitive fixture that had more substitutions than normal so Arsenal can't even fully blame their two early subs, it is hard not to put a big massive target on Luiz here - even moreso taking into context. Commentary again, Michael Owen also pointed out that whilst Luiz is obviously a good footballer he can't remember anyone making as many massive errors in a consistent manner as him - and even said this should be the last Arsenal see of him in a game.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Look, watching the game, it is fair to say 9 others didn't turn up (because Leno actually did turn up), but it is hard not to put a massive amount of blame on Luiz.

City are a fantastic team but within reason were being held out by Arsenal (inc Luiz, to his credit). For a good 10 mins leading up to the first goal, it did honestly feel like it was only a matter of time before City scored. But they didn't. Until a minute before half time, Luiz performs what I find fair to describe as a lazy, non-caring, unphased and completely inexcusably lack of professional football ability move that lead directly to City's goal. Scoreline, and mentally, that crippled Arsenal.

Then the penalty - again it was inexcusable from Luiz to even let Mahrez get in behind him to begin with but then all the rest of it. You can't more directly blame him for 2 goals. Plus sending his team down a man.

Arsenal never really looked like winning, Ian Wright in commentary pointed out perfectly at half time that unless Arsenal showed intent to get Auba and/or Saka the ball there was no chance they'd threaten in any way (which included Luiz not getting them the ball, fyi). But for what was a hang in there, competitive fixture that had more substitutions than normal so Arsenal can't even fully blame their two early subs, it is hard not to put a big massive target on Luiz here - even moreso taking into context. Commentary again, Michael Owen also pointed out that whilst Luiz is obviously a good footballer he can't remember anyone making as many massive errors in a consistent manner as him - and even said this should be the last Arsenal see of him in a game.
    Yeah everything you said is spot on but Arteta needs to figure out how to get Luiz focused and playing well because if you want to win anything this season or qualify for the UCL, Then simple facts Luiz has to be in your team.

love at first sight

Yeah everything you said is spot on but Arteta needs to figure out how to get Luiz focused and playing well because if you want to win anything this season or qualify for the UCL, Then simple facts Luiz has to be in your team.
    No he doesn't. Tierney hasn't played CB in like 6 years or something and looked better than Luiz. I would trust Ballard or Medley, 2 kids you don't even know exist, from our academy rather than trust Luiz ever again. Luiz has been in our team for a single season and since I started watching this club over 20 years ago we've never played worse and never finished as low in the table as we will this season. I'm quite happy to blame Luiz for our season more than Emery now.

Don't forget, he was dropped for Mari, a loan signing from Brazil, before Covid and was benched again today. Honestly, I'm happy that we lost that game purely on his shoulders cause now there is zero chance the club resigns him. Pep just saved us next season with that touch up.