Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Giroud - RVP - podolski
    Decent front three.

Denilson, vela, Bendtner, chamack, squillaci, park.
    Shit bench.

Nice to have to new faces secured so early.
    Last edited by hawk; 30-09-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Denilson, vela, Bendtner, chamack, squillaci, park.
    all on the nigerian tou, hopefully to be abducted and never seen again.

But Giroud and LU LU

bendtner apparently has interest from heaps of people, his agent is saying.

i thought denilson wanted to permanently stay in brazil?

sign hummels

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    bendtner should move on. he's a good player but isn't suited to arsenal since he actually likes to shoot at goal.

Shoot at goal, but can't hit target.

He's been atrocious for us.
    His miss times all his shots cos his ego plays the ball before his feet do.

He cupped his hand to his ear and ran around infront of the Leyton orient fans when he scored a tap in against them in an fa cup game FFS. He s the definition of egotistical ****stick.
    I'd rather have adebayor back.

Interesting mr fish, do you think theo will be moving on?
    My understanding is that Giroud really is best suited at the point, rather than playing off RVP.

I would have:
    Poldi - RVP - Theo

Then you can bring on Giroud, Gerv, Ox etc, not such a bad bench if you ask me...

Massive importance on Wilshere being fit and having a strong year. If that happens we could be in for some fun.
    I really hope RVP + theo gets sorted quick smart, kind of glad theo didn't feature at the euros, leaves us in a better position.

We need to cut loose more dead-wood. Let some of them go on a free if necessary.
    Sounds like squillas is nearly gone-ski. I would be surprised if Arsharvin didn't get picked up by a mid-table EPL club.
    Vela's spain situation will surely soon be sorted.

Bendtner and Chamakh will need to go overseas and who ****ing knows what denilsons going to do.

I'm keenly awaiting my new home jersey's arrival

Bring on 12/13.

It's their wages that stop other clubs showing any interest in them.
    That, and they are shit.

Theo is worth keeping.

I had heard that denilson was likely to stay in brazilia but the clubs couldn't come to an agreement on the transfer fee, and ffs if we can't sell vela there is something wrong with US. Players are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

With regard to your bendtners, lansburies etc surely they'll just want to play football and will take a cut to get some game time.

Only factor that would prevent me having a Poldi-RVP-Giroud front line is that there isn't a genuine right footer amongst them (I know at that level it really shouldn't matter, but I just personally am not fond of the idea), and although RVP has improved on his right, the majority of the time he will try to work it onto his even if it isn't at all necessary. That being said I think we have some real depth up front this season if we hang onto both RVP and Theo. I would prefer to see more of the Ox this year and less of Gervinho and his ridiculous forehead, in the Ox we have a real prospect!

It's looking less likely by the day (if it ever looked likely at all) but I would have loved to see Yann M'Vila join, allowing the possibilty of Songo further up the pitch with less defensive responsibilties. A midfield combining any 3 of Wilshere, Song, Arteta or M'Vila would be a real force and after the season Rosicky has had it would be invaluable to have him coming of the bench/keeping these guys on their toes and preventing Ramsey from getting anywhere near the starting lineup. Like i said but, whatever interest we had in M'Vila seems to have cooled for reasons uknown and this scenario is unlikely to happen. Either way with a fit Wilshere and Arteta, plus if Rosicky can perform at the same level as the end of last season, our midfield doesn't look too shabby.

Definitely need to get rid of some deadwood in the likes of Denilson, Vela, Bendtner, Squillaci, Chamkah, Park etc. Sao Paulo apparently only want to take Denilson back on loan and I can't see us going for that. I have heard Bastia might be lining up a bid for Squillaci but how reliable that is, I'm not sure. Vela will end up in Spain, Chamakh in France and Bendtner in Germany I think. I also have no idea why we still have Diaby on our books picking up a supposed 60k a week to sit on the massage table, truly is beyond me.

Really hope we keep RVP but don't really have my hopes up, have been hurt too many times before and if Vieira, Henry and Fabregas are anything to go by, having the armband doesn't sway the decision all that much in our favour.

Still, glad we have already tied up some decent signings early in the window and hoping for a couple more!

Giroud doesn't play out wide and I don't think that would work at all, if we have him rvp and poldi on the park at the same time you're more likely to see giroud at the point and rvp in behind him or something along those lines.

Agree regarding m'villa but if he were to join I would start with m'villa, wilshere and arteta, song would be benched. Really need a player like arteta who will keep it simple and just knock the ball around if necessary. He can get forward and score too.

I think it's unfair to completely disregard Rambo. He clearly got very burnt out after playing so many games and having such responsibility on him, he's a great talent and I would not be so quick to dismiss him, at the start of last pre-season he and wilshere had some pretty damn good interplay.

I don't think it's fair to compare the Henry departure to that of RVP's situation. It was the right time for Henry to leave the club, both for him and the club, he was passed his prime and the club was looking to move on to find a new talent to dominate the league (in hindsight, may have been better to keep him ha!). But yeh, with Henry the club weren't really actively trying to keep him.
    RVP is peaking right now, he's playing awesome here, he's a legend amongst the entire club and fans, his family is settled, the club is strengthening it's player base. I think he'll stay.

BTW interesting point regarding 3 left footed attack, how many teams go out with an all right foot attack I don't see anything wrong with it tbh. Just because it's different does not mean it is a problem.

PS it's a fiesta?

disc race.

pssst 20% off most things at the Arsenal online shop this week...

Including postage?
    We really should pool our shopping and split postage.

Next time though.
    I'm skins at the moment.

****.... I've been rocked, genuinely feel ill.

Both shocking and disappointing.

RVP why did you have to do it like this, forever tainted now.

they've got to sell him. i can't even comprehend rvp walking on a free. much respect to how he said "no financial terms were ever discussed, it wasn't about that".

Make no mistake that this letter was very very carefully drafted so that there is no room for the club to move regarding the decision. Ughhhhh. I'm wounded.

You can't be surprised.
    And of course financial terms weren't discussed, the board know whatever they say that man city will double.

If wants trophies, loan him out to Celtic.

**** football and it's fickle ways. Burnt again.

There is NO top club he can go to where he will be guaranteed trophies.

He'll go to Man City.

Bring on Lukaszzzssss GirUDE-boi and Wilshere. Oh god do we need wilshere.

Ps what does this mean for theo?