Page 86 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I'm starting facts. Not sure what they were doing. But nothing new there
    Mate, even Danny Ings has scored more goals than Tammy. Bloke is already a has-been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That can't be true, Leeds haven't spent anywhere near a comparative amount of money as Liverpool have to not win the league.

They are more like Tottenham, everyone loves them in the media but they fall apart come awards season. I think they call it "Argyrophobia", which is a fear of silverware.
    Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex
    Haha. I love it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

**** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

https://streamable.com/qbs6t

(Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)

Banned
    **** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

https://streamable.com/qbs6t

(Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)
    VAR is the bigger problem

You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

Both to the letter of law correct

1 given
    1 denied

Blame.VAR

It ****ing the game

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    VAR is the bigger problem

You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

Both to the letter of law correct

1 given
    1 denied

Blame.VAR

It ****ing the game
    Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.

Banned
    Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.
    VAR is the problem here

Refs have always been poor

VAR is meant to correct the error

That is why it is there

It failed like it always does

Luiz 😂😂😂

Luiz 😂😂😂
    Sometimes I think Arsensl are better without him.

Great come back Gunners.
    10 men Frank...10 men.

Fair play to the Arse crazy game

Luiz ������
    You misspelt Mustafi. He was the one who caused the Red card.

Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.

I interpreted it as a yellow card offence as well. Maybe I've also missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.
    That was always going to be a red. Abraham had a open goal pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned

I think there is some policy in the EPL that all the favourable decisions go to 1 team in red each season

Every other team in red has to pay the price so it don't look so dodgy

Banned
    He probably miss anyway

Open goal doesn't mean instant red cards anymore. They changed the rules to stop triple jeopardy for those fouls.

It's only when it's a bad foul or the player made no attempt at the ball. Like just grab their shirt from behind and drag them down when the goal is open. I don't know how the ref came to the conclusion of a red card, unless he just forgot the news rules which have been in affect since.... 2016!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He probably miss anyway
    Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.

Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.
    You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?
    It was only Tammy. But yeah, somehow he could have kicked into his own face and back into goal... Even if the ball was on the ground.

If you watch the foul aftermath, Mustafi actually clears the ball into Luiz's chest and it went back toward goal. Lol. So Luiz gets a red because of a Mustafi stuff up and to thank him, Mustafi boots the ball straight into him from 10 yards away.