Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    This is snaek after the other day

we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Haven't watch the game but I've read from a Liverpool perspective the result was fair. Liverpool apparently missed a few clean chances where Arsenal took theirs.

I've watch the highlights. I thought the Suarez 2nd pen call was a pen BUT when you react to the contact like that you really don't help yourself so I'm not surprised he didn't get it.

Most of the hatred is towards Webb who they believe is a biased ref who supports any team Liverpool are playing.
    +1

Suarez doesn't do himself any favours flailing around, even when there is contact.

Arsenal did well to take it to us after the 5-1. And to their credit, took their chances and got the result.

Howard Webb though...

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    This is snaek after the other day

lol g4ng$t4

I thought fifa manager only through up a run of games like this.
    liverpool (away loss)
    manutd (home draw)
    liverpool (home win)
    bayern munich (h)

Then a two break and we get hit with.
    Bayern (a)
    spuds (a)
    chelski (a)
    mancs (h)
    everton(a)

What worrys me is the large amount of (a)'s coming up. In saying that if we can hold it together the mancs are the only large team left in the fa cup and we have our biggest chance in years for some silverware.

Also what pisses me off now that after naughty giroud having to much fun what state will he be in to play. Which it was why wenger blew it big time by not getting another striker.

Graham Poll has gone with the "weak" line rather than "corrupt" but still the same outcome

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2tYRqMDgE
    Liverpool are out of the FA Cup because 'weak' Webb refused to award clear penalty
    By GRAHAM POLL

PUBLISHED: 22:37 GMT, 16 February 2014 | UPDATED: 22:37 GMT, 16 February 2014

Liverpool were denied a clear penalty and likely equaliser when referee Howard Webb refused them their second penalty in a pulsating Cup tie.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain clattered through Luis Suarez, with Webb perfectly placed to see the offence. Suarez’s theatrical ‘dive’ will not have helped nor did the fact that Webb had already awarded Liverpool a penalty.

Those who have not been in such a pressure-cooker situation would not understand that, but I do.

Webb, of course, with his experience and pedigree, should do better and be above such weakness — Liverpool are now out of the FA Cup because he wasn’t.
    Soz for carjacking the fiesta but this is where the discussion was

Rofl at sensationalist headlines.

Liverpool are out of the cup because they didn't take their chances, they have no one to blame but themselves and should not be distracted by reffing decisions (which go against teams every week, it's part and parcel of the game).

Yes he may have gotten it wrong, no they weren't guaranteed to equalise or even win the game from that point.

This is all coming from Graham "triple threat" Poll.

someone has to beat city as well, parp

On SBS... KEEN

Sanogo starting giroud on the bench..... Time to see how good wengers eye for talent

Quality finish by Kroos.

Griffoesque.

Game basically ruined by the red. But that's football.

Look forward to the next game
    Amigos Aarau

So we win 3-1 in Germany and it's all roses.

Oh to be an Arsenal fan. I swear the Jets + Arsenal combo is going to be the death of me.

We looked great in that first 30 mins imo, team was hungry and looked confident.

How's Sanogo, first start and real football against Liverpool in the FA Cup helping us knock them out, then starts against arguably the best team in the world at the moment, amazing.
    All things considered he has looked really good in my opinion. Doesn't look in awe at all, puts himself about and has some real quality touches.
    Hopefully when he gains fitness he's a bit more mobile and a bit less rusty in and around the box, overall good signs though IMO.

Gibbs going off was a massive loss as well, Nacho was ok but just didn't have the same drive and focus that Gibbs had when he was on. He was hacking away at players and pumped.

Ooooh Ozil. He needs a rest, leave him out of a few games and play Santi at CAM imo.
    He's burnt out, trying too hard and then doesn't have the mental strength to fight through his poor form at the moment.
    I feel there's too much pressure on him to perform, just leave him out of the side for a couple of games, we can't afford to have him on at the moment.

Wouldn't mind seeing us with Poldi out left and AOC out right, Sanogo / Giroud / Bendtner up front with Santi in behind.

Thought Jack and Flamini were great today, worked bloody hard. Jack was looking particularly good when we still had 11 on the park.

Kosc was absolutely immense, as was per and Sagna.
    Fabianski did bloody well when he came on too, Szcz to miss the away leg yeah? Better fire up Lukasz!

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Oh to be an Arsenal fan. I swear the Jets + Arsenal combo is going to be the death of me.

We looked great in that first 30 mins imo, team was hungry and looked confident.

How's Sanogo, first start and real football against Liverpool in the FA Cup helping us knock them out, then starts against arguably the best team in the world at the moment, amazing.
    All things considered he has looked really good in my opinion. Doesn't look in awe at all, puts himself about and has some real quality touches.
    Hopefully when he gains fitness he's a bit more mobile and a bit less rusty in and around the box, overall good signs though IMO.

Gibbs going off was a massive loss as well, Nacho was ok but just didn't have the same drive and focus that Gibbs had when he was on. He was hacking away at players and pumped.

Ooooh Ozil. He needs a rest, leave him out of a few games and play Santi at CAM imo.
    He's burnt out, trying too hard and then doesn't have the mental strength to fight through his poor form at the moment.
    I feel there's too much pressure on him to perform, just leave him out of the side for a couple of games, we can't afford to have him on at the moment.

Wouldn't mind seeing us with Poldi out left and AOC out right, Sanogo / Giroud / Bendtner up front with Santi in behind.

Thought Jack and Flamini were great today, worked bloody hard. Jack was looking particularly good when we still had 11 on the park.

Kosc was absolutely immense, as was per and Sagna.
    Fabianski did bloody well when he came on too, Szcz to miss the away leg yeah? Better fire up Lukasz!
    I agree with sanogo looked really good for the 1st half hour but unfortuantly when the red came he was a passenger with zero service, I really liked what I saw he was pretty quick just takes awhile to get moving.

Ozil Is really starting to worry I find myself starting to question his mental strength and I agree he needs a break from the pressure, when szcz was sent I would of rather santi stay on as he is more mobile and can bring neally as much going forward I thought he was looking really good before being replaced.

Really pissed of with kosc with the 2nd goal went charging forward for a free kick and we got caught on the counter with flamini (after playing 60 min in a 2 man midfield) trying to defend mueller should have had the common sence to just sit back and accept the 1 nil loss, that really pissed me of.

Chasing goals next game playing arteta and wishere is a must.If Giroud iisnt right the podolski must lead the line. Hard but not impossible , we did win 2.0 there last year

Robben was absolutely schooling Ozil.
    As has been said, he needs to be rested or you may begin to slip down. He didn't get out of a jog all game. Pressure on Robben was non existent. Can't defend. Need to rest him until you guys play Everton. Though he can be a gamechanger, he looks very out of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    He didn't get out of a jog all game.
    Is this true, though? All I've been hearing about Ozil for weeks/months is he's lazy, doesn't work hard, etc. But stats like these beg to differ:

OK

I thought Ozil did a fair bit of work to be fair but he obviously hates it.

Agree re mental strength, he doesn't seem to be the type of player that can knuckle down when the going gets tough and get on with, Rambo style.
    He's a luxury and right now I think there's too much pressure for him to perform.

The best thing for him imo is to take him out of the side and prove to ourselves and him that we can be successful without him.

That way he can be brought back in to the team without having to think that he must make things happen, he can be more relaxed and that's when we'll see him shine.

Play Santi at CAM ffs, he's been looking sharp lately.

Also wtb newer injury updates on Rambo, Kallstrom and Diaby (rof) http://www.arsenal.com/team-news

gibbs going off wass the truning point, not the red.

I think there were a few important things that derailed the game for us

- missed pen after pretty good period of play
    - gibbs injury
    - red

Agree Gibbs was a massive loss, he looked hungry when he was on.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Lol who doesn't get schooled by Robben? Bloke destroys teams every week. Wouldn't have mattered who was marking him. Brilliant Bayern. Even against ten that was still ridiculous how much possession they had. Looking forward to 2nd leg, hopefully Bayern don't think they have it in the bag like last seasons 2nd leg, that was a tad too close.