Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Is your manager all about possession and attacking like Wenger or does he actually know stuff about defending?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is your manager all about possession and attacking like Wenger or does he actually know stuff about defending?
    He is the best at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think he'll surprise a lot of people.

Had success with his old club by making some really screwed signings of blokes no one really heard of.

Imagine him now with some real financial clout behind him.

To actually answer your question Stanny,

He is technical coach like Simeone who studies his players and brings out the best in them.

But he is a more attack minded coach than Simeone. He loves the counter attack if needed but his PSG dominated possession and their opponents. Emery is a bit of a tweaker who pays attention to his opponent as much as sets his team up with a 'style of play', not that many modern coaches do that. Mourinho, Pochetino, Sampaolo (when he was in charge of Chile - Not Argentina) maybe Benitez.

His main quirk is with fullbacks. He emphasises width in his team and loves attacking fullbacks, but loves taller fullbacks who can dribble. Lichsteiner and Kolasinic will start the season as 1st choice if he keeps on trend.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

A new Tuesday Club podcast was released yesterday. Aim to listen to it today..

As for weekends game against City.. Its a tough draw first game and new era... We def need to give Emery some time.... This season is always going to be a transition... But Im keen to see where he takes us..
    Amigos Aarau

Can you guys make sure Bellerin starts against Chelsea. Hazard wants to say hello

Hello there. Thanks for starting Bellerin
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Hello there. Thanks for starting Bellerin
    Dont know what game you watched but it was more down to Arsensls shit finishing in the first half that you aint celebrating a loss

Your defence got carved up time and time again and if the Arsenal players could keep the ball down they are scoring 5/6 by HT

Also your new keeper is ****ing shit
    How much you pay for him??

Worst deal in EPL history that one

Yeah sorry Stanny. We should have scored 4 in the 1st half and could have easily put 6-7 away (That's only shots from within 10 yards of goal directly in front, not half chances)

Your defence, which was great under Conte 18 months ago, was poor. Our attack, which is worth a hell of a lot of money, were even worse.

Chelsea were worthy winners but don't get too excited by that result. We will see you at the end of the season fighting it out for 5th spot with Everton. The best we can both hope for is the Europa League final or FA Cup final i'd say. Otherwise we won't be fighting for titles this season.

I can see 2 more big transfer windows for both our clubs before the managers are comfortable to play their system fully.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Dont know what game you watched but it was more down to Arsensls shit finishing in the first half that you aint celebrating a loss

Your defence got carved up time and time again and if the Arsenal players could keep the ball down they are scoring 5/6 by HT

Also your new keeper is ****ing shit
    How much you pay for him??

Worst deal in EPL history that one
    Kepa looked shakier with the ball coming at him than Cech did with the ball at his feet. Still young but wow! That's a lot of money for a reasonable at best keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah sorry Stanny. We should have scored 4 in the 1st half and could have easily put 6-7 away (That's only shots from within 10 yards of goal directly in front, not half chances)

Your defence, which was great under Conte 18 months ago, was poor. Our attack, which is worth a hell of a lot of money, were even worse.

Chelsea were worthy winners but don't get too excited by that result. We will see you at the end of the season fighting it out for 5th spot with Everton. The best we can both hope for is the Europa League final or FA Cup final i'd say. Otherwise we won't be fighting for titles this season.

I can see 2 more big transfer windows for both our clubs before the managers are comfortable to play their system fully.
    Gee Whizz....you can tell all that from one game. May as well not play for the rest of the season then, both teams are going to finish 5th and 6th respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Gee Whizz....you can tell all that from one game. May as well not play for the rest of the season then, both teams are going to finish 5th and 6th respectively.
    Who out of City, Liverpool, United and Tottenham are going to be caught by Chelsea and Arsenal? They all did better last year, they all have settled coaches and have only made small changes to their playing roster.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, i'm just a realist. There will be big changes to the top 4 next year but I don't think much will change this season.

All I said was thanks for starting close to the worst RB in the league. No argument on the defences of both teams or your lack of finishing. Although funny seeing Ozil go missing again

Although funny seeing Ozil go missing again
    Not from Arsenal's pov

All I said was thanks for starting close to the worst RB in the league. No argument on the defences of both teams or your lack of finishing. Although funny seeing Ozil go missing again
    I deleted a bit about bellerin in my original reply. Bellerin wasn't the reason we lost today. The entire defence were going in different directions all game. Some of them were pressing in one direction and then others weren't. He absolutely killed Alonso when on the attack which was great but Willian did even better against him in defence. Mkhi was terrible up against Alonso and he graciously took his goal and assist from his poor marking all game.

Alonso was my man of the match. And if I remember correctly you said that he was the weak link in your team a month or so ago.

I deleted a bit about bellerin in my original reply. Bellerin wasn't the reason we lost today. The entire defence were going in different directions all game. Some of them were pressing in one direction and then others weren't. He absolutely killed Alonso when on the attack which was great but Willian did even better against him in defence. Mkhi was terrible up against Alonso and he graciously took his goal and assist from his poor marking all game.

Alonso was my man of the match. And if I remember correctly you said that he was the weak link in your team a month or so ago.
    We exploited Bellerin lack of defensive awareness and laziness coming back after bombing forward as most teams will do this season

Banned
    We exploited Bellerin lack of defensive awareness and laziness coming back after bombing forward as most teams will do this season
    That the DMs job to cover him when he pushes on along with his fellow dedenders

That aint a hard fix to make

If it proving that much of a liability Emery will dump him and select or sign someone else

What though was glaringly obvious from your perspective was how easily Arsenal carved you up particularly in the first half
    It wasnt like you didnt have troops back there. Most of the time it was 6/8 Chelsea on 3/4 Arsenal whom had unmarked players

Your Sarriball I think will get found out in time

Good to watch but that dont win trophies

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That the DMs job to cover him when he pushes on along with his fellow dedenders

That aint a hard fix to make

If it proving that much of a liability Emery will dump him and select or sign someone else

What though was glaringly obvious from your perspective was how easily Arsenal carved you up particularly in the first half
    It wasnt like you didnt have troops back there. Most of the time it was 6/8 Chelsea on 3/4 Arsenal whom had unmarked players

Your Sarriball I think will get found out in time

Good to watch but that dont win trophies
    We have good proven defenders so I back them to sort it out in time. Arsenal on the other hands dont really have any top defenders and Cech is finished so Im more optimistic about us
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

We have good proven defenders so I back them to sort it out in time. Arsenal on the other hands dont really have any top defenders and Cech is finished so Im more optimistic about us
    Cech was head and shoulders above Kepa tonight. So that's worrying for Chelsea if he's "finished" as you say.

Cech was head and shoulders above Kepa tonight. So that's worrying for Chelsea if he's "finished" as you say.
    Was he? Didnt look like it and his distribution is woeful. I swear it wasnt that bad at Chelsea. What have you guys dont to him?