Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

There's a few things you need to ask -

- Is Arsene under-performing as a manager?
    - If Arsene also has a finger in other roles, what are they and is he under-performing in those roles?
    - Who would replace him and would they do a better job?

IMO the managing of the football team is not really a problem. Yes I would like to see Arsene go to his bench a little earlier on and sometimes his player choices are not what I would go with (eg gerv up front rather than Podolski or Giroud, constantly playing Ramsey on the right making the team awkward and unbalanced).

However, the REAL and obvious issues are the constant stream of our top players and club captains leaving the team and the growing rift between the board and it's supporters, highlighted by the boards recent closing statement of the Arsenal AGM, "thank you for your interest in our affairs"... This was said to a meeting consisting of share-holders and fans. Clearly the board is disconnected.

Another thing that bugs me is that when talking about possible ways to increase income, marketing etc, actual on-field performance is never stated. When they're talking about growing the club all they bring up is expanding in to asia, launching a chinese website, better sponsorship deals etc. Never do they state what kind of financial gains could be made from on-field success.

Ughhh, it's a bit of a mess at the moment. There is no one high up in the club that actually cares at Arsenal, THE FOOTBALL CLUB. They only care about Arsenal the business and the ridiculous money involved.

To answer your question, I think Arsene is the man for the job. I actually feel for him being hamstrung at Arsenal, imagine what he could accomplish at PSG or Chelsea?

Arsene is god.
    Board are penny counting nobodies who don't care about the club, just want a profit.

Chips keswick FFS

Oh, and how good was giroud's assist for Lukas!

To answer your question, I think Arsene is the man for the job. I actually feel for him being hamstrung at Arsenal, imagine what he could accomplish at PSG or Chelsea? The sack

Thanks guys. Always nice to hear what other fans think of their management structure, etc.

I think Arsene is doing a great job too and russjaybee you are spot on with the questions you ask mate.

Rofl Gary what have you got against our WWI bi-plane flying veterans?
    Have some respect, they were fighting the Red Barron before you were even a sparkle in your daddies eye.

Ffs
    Amigos Aarau

I like the coq, get him in for arteta more often.

Meade did alright at LB, he's really short for a defender though.

Rosicky was probs best on pitch first half, looked bright, nice and direct, great balls etc.

Chamakh and Gervihno are basket cases ffs. Got in some great positions, particularly Chamakh. It just seems like he actually doesn't want to score? Where is Arsene's famous "unbelievable belief" ? Someone needs to give him a rustle up and just be like "come on mate, i bought you because you're good enough to be in this team, get out there and smash some ****ing goals in FER FECKS SAKE. Have a dig. Hassle the shit out of those defenders and make em scared etc."

TV5 did alright, overall from what I watched we did "ok". Really disappointed Akpom and some of the other youngens didn't get a run, ****ing hate how arsene waits so late for subs. It's clear chamakh wasn't going to score, why not get a youngen out there that wants to prove him self.

FSN reporting this morning "Arsenal blow lead to lose 1-0 to Olympiakos"

Arsenal clearly have magical powers

Rofl...

whispers of Demba Ba + Mvila

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Rofl...

whispers of Demba Ba + Mvila
    You'd be nuts to sign Ba. Knees are made of glass and I'd say he has probably peaked already...

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal but can someone explain to me how Ramsay is so highly rated?

non-english player who could be available on the cheap due to being frail? doesn't sound like an arsenal target at all

ramsay is a killer - literally
    OK

new pod up... "Deludedly Misbalanced"
    Amigos Aarau

bradford
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

'Capital One Cup' - wtf? Took me a little while this morning to work out it was the league cup...

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    bradford
    Meh.
    Allows us to focus on the true trophy. 4th!

Oh dear Gervino.................

Its Back On
    Amigos Aarau

Who's the 30mill possible signing we are hearing about but nobody knows who. A lot are mentioning fellaini but I doubt for 30mill. Very optimistic to think this rumour will be true, but here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Who's the 30mill possible signing we are hearing about but nobody knows who. A lot are mentioning fellaini but I doubt for 30mill. Very optimistic to think this rumour will be true, but here's hoping.
    Heard Wenger was planning on spending the 30mil of 50mil of HMV Vouchers