Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

fixed. damn iapd typing

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    So basically the only transfer in World Football in the last decade that would fit the above criteria is Cristiano Ronaldo. All the other big name signings were either shit for their new club (Ibra, Kaka, Torres), touted as having potential or unknown to the English audience.
    This.
    Although your 10 year window would maybe sneak in Madrids "Galactico" era when they actually did win the Champions league after world then record signings (Zidane/Figo) and Roberto Carlos (fat Ronaldo hadnt signed yet iirc).
    But your point is right. I would much rather Wenger's approach at getting mid level guys than going after "super duper stars".

and if any Gunners fans didnt realise that Carzola was a dead set star before signing really have to watch some La Liga. Bloke was a star and lived up to the rep in England. Came from the same junior club as Mata and Michu. The fact he didnt cost a lot of coin doesnt mean he wasnt a great signing for Wenger.

Rofl my bait call was because Arsenal being seen as a "selling" club is nothing knew. It's been that way since Wenger joined.
    THOUGH I would argue we have bought some bigger name players, Arsharvin being the most obvious one.

A combination of tight purse strings (stadium debt) and Wenger's own frugal ways has stopped us from paying massive money for the most sought after players, something I'm fine with to be honest.

The Suarez stuff that's floating around now is not just "Wenger changing his mind", it's strategic leveraging as Ancelotti is playing hard ball saying he wants to keep Higuain. If RM lose him they will have to replace him and there really aren't that many options out there.
    Arsenal are feeling out Suarez both as a second option and also to show RM that they can't be held at ransom. (IMO)

I'm quietly WORRIED about our signings this window, not about our ambition, I think we definitely WANT to get some big players in but more about whether it will actually happen. Seriously Tricky Dicky Law and his team must be doing something really wrong because we have a terrible track record.

In other news Joel Campbell appears to have gotten his english working permit, interesting.
    Sanogo had a pretty decent u20 comp.
    Everyone is raving about Zelalem as well, played a fair bit of the friendly the other night and put on a beautiful through ball.
    John Cross from the mirror touting him as the next Fab, one to watch.

Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal. And he's coming from Liverpool ffs. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Rof
    The Suarez stuff that's floating around now is not just "Wenger changing his mind", it's strategic leveraging as Ancelotti is playing hard ball saying he wants to keep Higuain. If RM lose him they will have to replace him and there really aren't that many options out there.
    Arsenal are feeling out Suarez both as a second option and also to show RM that they can't be held at ransom. (IMO)

Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal. And he's coming from Liverpool ffs. FFS.
    this

Reports from media in Madrid that Carzola is being tipped to be sold to Athletico.

Anyone else read that?
    If so Wenger is officially bonkers.

Bluff ( I hope ) to stop higuain from leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Also surely I'm not the only one that just deep down does not want Suarez in an Arsenal shirt. He's a top player (skill) but he has no class, he's just SO UN-ARSENAL. He is the anti-arsenal.

100%

what, is it the fact he likes to win?

Doubtful about Cazorla reports, however there is a more worrying situation.

Reports are that Napoli are in for Higuain, yeh you might think we can easy beat them but you might want to factor in a certain Cavani sale that just went through.

Picture this.

RM sell Higuain to Napoli for a tidy sum.
    RM buy Luis Suarez.
    Arsenal buy ???? ... Rooney I guess.

RM will try for Ibrahimovic before trying for Suarez

RM will try for Ibrahimovic before trying for Suarez
    Liverpool are happy to sell Suarez if the buying team meets the buyout cluase

We won't be no-one.

We will buy nobodies

Kick off around 10pm, might stream some of that shiz coz I'm a geek like that.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    what, is it the fact he likes to win?

Because he's a knob

I agree he is a knob....a goal scoring knob

We only take knobs who cant score.

Eg Bendtner

Bendtner has been worth his wage in comedy.

But not really.

Ok so the Carzola to Spain thing was just Athletico lying to their fans cause they are bastards.
    Sorry to cause distress.
    Also: Jesus, either Suarez or Rooney would be a massive upgrade on anything you lot have. Pray you get them.

Dw guys we got Sanogo