Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks Gaz, I'm aware of that. It was more of a hypothetical/fantasy thought I was just putting out there.
    no worries.
    was more dig at the coasties two yellow kits though!

I don't mind the purple as well. Keen.

seriosousllly hanging out for the tuesday club to return....
    Amigos Aarau

Just over half an hour till we kick off against City in Beijing.

http://player.arsenal.com/home

24 hr access for 1.5 pounds! I'm trying it out. Already checked out the malaysia game highlights etc, good quality.

Definitely worth not having to fk around with shite streams, popups and ads.

Edit: Premature.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 27-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

WELCOME CARZOLA!!!
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1226441910023
    "I can say I am a new Arsenal player," said the 27-year-old midfielder confirmed on his Twitter account.
    Phwoar this is crazy! Signings and shit. Is this real life?

------------- SZCZ
    -
    SAGNA --KOSC--PER/VERM---GIBBS
    -
    ----SONG --- ARTETA --- JACK
    -
    PODOLSKI --- GIROUD ----- CAZORLA

BENCH
    GERV
    CHAMBO
    THEO
    ROSICKY
    RAMBO

Orrrrrrrrrrr does this spell the end of theo?
    Also, apparently we're still chasing the Sahin loan deal, hope we get him!
    Last edited by russjaybee; 09-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.

http://news.arseblog.com/arsenal-pla...ofiles-201213/

Player profiles from arseblog...... Not my usual reading, but funny nonetheless.

DIABY
    Strengths: Extremely long legs, highly loved by Arsene Wenger, capable of some truly excellent attacking play, sometimes sports a fine ‘fro.

Weaknesses: Right ankle, left ankle, left calf, right calf, left knee, right knee, left hamstring etc. Lack of consistent fitness makes it very difficult to find the form the manager believes he’s capable of.

BENDTNER
    Strengths: The Greatest Striker That Ever Lived. He’s pretty good at impregnating members of the Danish aristocracy, wearing controversial underwear, chewing gum, revelling in his own arrogance and being tall. **** radar is pretty good too, twigged Adebayor before most other people.

Weaknesses: His first touch makes Andy Carroll look like Pele. His complicated relationship with motor vehicles has seen him banjax his groin, while his willingness to befriend Lee Cattermole hints at an impending mental breakdown.

willingness to befriend Lee Cattermole hints at an impending mental breakdown

lol

United agree deal to sign van Persie

Manchester United has agreed a deal to sign last season's English Premier League top scorer Robin van Persie from rivals Arsenal.

Van Persie will travel to Old Trafford later today and is expected to complete a move in time to make his Red Devils debut away to Everton on Monday.

"Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie," a club statement read.

"The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course."

Van Persie stunned Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger when he declared immediately after Euro 2012 that he wanted to leave the north London team because he felt the club's ambitions did not match his own.

That came after a superb season where the forward scored 37 goals in all competitions, a tally that led him to being voted player of the year by both his fellow professionals in England and the country's Football Writers' Association.

Van Persie's announcement sparked interest from Premier League champions Manchester City, as well as Italian giants Juventus, but it is United manager Sir Alex Ferguson who has won the race for the striker's coveted signature.

It is not expected either a medical or indeed personal terms will prove a barrier to the 29-year-old's move to Old Trafford.

No fee has been confirmed by either United or Arsenal, although it has been reported as around the £20 million ($29.9 million) mark.

The transfer is set to be the most expensive deal United have done since Dimitar Berbatov's club record £30.75m move from Tottenham in 2008.

Ferguson made van Persie one of his main preseason targets, despite already having Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez in his squad.

The veteran Scottish boss even went so far as speaking directly to Wenger in a bid to make sure the deal went through.

French boss Wenger did not want to sell prize asset van Persie to a rival Premier League club.

But with supporters turning against their former favourite during a preseason match with Cologne on Sunday and van Persie having just a year left on his Gunners contract, he clearly decided it was better to sell him for a large fee than see him leave for nothing in 12 months' time.

Moves between the two clubs have been rare in the last two-and-a-half decades since both ended years of underachievement to become title contenders in the late 1980s.

Frank Stapleton 31 years ago is the last striker to disappoint Arsenal fans by leaving for Old Trafford. A tribunal agreed a fee of £900,000 for the Irishman.

England full-back Viv Anderson also left north London for Manchester in 1987 for £250,000.

Mikael Silvestre made the opposite switch in 2008 after nine years at United.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-1...persie/4201720

its all over the bbc football site too

Thread title needs to be changed IMO

Wow Tuesday Club next week will be interesting .... There is to be no RVP Speak...... Otherwise some premature rage quits might happen.

Ju Young Park
    Weaknesses: Possibly football, but it’s tough to say.

Olivier Giroud
    Weaknesses: Possibly too handsome.

OK

24mil for an injury prone 29 year old with 1 year left on his contract, we'll take it.

Should be interesting when he returns to Emirates, ****ING JUDAS KHUNT.

Ok got that out of me. If we ever needed extra incentive to beat united and do well this season this is it. What a slap in the face to the rest of the squad from their former captain. Pretty much said that one of their tradition rivals is a much stronger team than them and is more likely to win stuff. This has fired me up like never before and I hope they react in the same way, driven to succeed.

We've got a bloody strong squad imo and I would not be surprised of another signing / more movement.

Imagine if Song out M'villa + Tello/Afellay in...

the best crybabies are arsenal crybabies

don't get too worked up yet - he won't pass the medical at old trafford due to severely injuring his back by carrying an entire squad last season.

i really like song, i don't think he should be to blame for not being defensive enough as a midfielder - rather he shouldn't be put as the sole holding midfielder and given more freedom.

the moment sagna & one cb is injured, arse will leak so many goals this upcoming season.
    OK

CB is pretty well covered, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou can all slot in and perform. Djourou is actually very decent when actually played in position.

RB is weak, Jenkison probably isn't up to scratch yet.

Ultimately our weakest position is definitely GK, if szcz gets injured I shudder to even think....

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

24 million pounds jeez.

No wonder Spurs are holding out for 40 for Modric.

whats up now big man ahahaha, roonz delivering