Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Arsenal touted to be coming out next year.
    Them or Man City.
    Do Arsenal normally do pre season tours? This year they did a preseason in Austria or Switzerland didn't they? While others were in USA.

Google tells me they did a 4 game tour in 2013 to Asia.
    Played Indonesia, Vietnam, Urawa and Nagoya.

Yeah they definately did an Asian tour last year, and this year they did USA and Austria IIRC.

There were serious rumours they were going to come over for that NZ tournament featuring Wellington, Sydney, Wham & Newcastle but that obviously fell through. I think Phoenix & Arsenal share a sponsor or something like that.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Not really.

Walcott = decent wide man, unproven potential as a number9
    Sanchez = better than decent wide man! and better than decent number9.

When both fit they will either rotate the wide position, or Walcott will play wide with Sanchez upfront, being rotated with giroud.

What will be interesting is if wenger slides back to 4-4-2 given he now has three strikers he appears willing to trust with decent game time.
    Depends really on how much Wenger rates Sanchez.

To me the bloke is the best player Arsenal have now. The bloke is a gun and will prove to be the best signing made by an English club in the last 5 years

That being said he should be played where you get the most from him which is wide right attack.

To me that means Walcott is out or plays as the 9.

Seeing as Wenger loves Giroud I see Walcott on the periphery unless he finds a new position/role for him

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Arsenal touted to be coming out next year.
    Them or Man City.
    Do Arsenal normally do pre season tours? This year they did a preseason in Austria or Switzerland didn't they? While others were in USA.

We go to Austria for camp every year

Wow. What a heart stopper.
    Not sure we deserved it, but not sure they did either.
    Looking at the other ties besiktas must be more worthy of a spot in the main draw than some of the others.

And I've always liked sbs' coverage of the URL, but Jason 'um err' Culina deadset used 500 words to say nothing.

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10639682_4489013360972_***9691809409368435_n.jpg?o h=c35b0cb1b43554fe9062ea091c499fdd&oe=547DED65&__g da__=1416425888_9e154ac8aa4f26cab247d77f9736dbe0[/img]

How was the ref?

Ref was crap.... Some promising signs.. we did deserve it.. Really it felt Basiktas where only challenging and came to the game when we had debuchy sent off. Before that it was just everyone behind the ball..

If the game was played at the pace in the last 10 with 11 per side arsenal would have scored more as the field was much more open and not like said above just parking everyone behind the ball..

The side like most (like in bundesliga) are probably a good month behind usual season start performance levels.. As always happens after a Euro Champs or Welt Meisterschaft....

What is promising is that although not playing fully convincing there are good signs. plus not loosing....

oh and jack was great last night apart from the chance is skewed...

ref missed a few cast iron pens imo
    we will loose

Not entirely sure I can deal with watching another game featuring Sanogoals tbh - he has to be the most frustrating player I remember watching ever. For every good thing he does, he does about 3 bad things. I've tried to have the patience and hope that Wenger has in him but he's wore really thin on me.

Santi was equally as frustrating tonight.

I pray that Wenger will finally realise we need a starting striker. I'm not entirely sure I can deal with the frustration of this season if we don't sign one. Apparently Chelsea confirmed Remy earlier tonight so that option is no longer available.
    OK

Yaya's a no go

Name fits, really. Still don't understand what he has done to warrant a start ahead of Campbell who had an excellent WC... but neither are starting material, so point is kind of moot.

Need to get on falcao or at the very least someone like Carlos bacca. Also wrap up the carvalho to cover dm/cb until January then sign a back up cb.

If we don't sign a striker, wenger really needs to adjust the system ever so slightly so that podolski can flourish either in a redesigned striker role or the wide-striker role in a front 3.

Podolski. Walcott
    Sanchez
    Ramsey. Ozil
    Carvalho

Welbz! Absolutely buzzing, have loved the kid since his Sunderland days. Also I'm led to believe Manure fans loved him too, so I'm even happier.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Welbz! Absolutely buzzing, have loved the kid since his Sunderland days. Also I'm led to believe Manure fans loved him too, so I'm even happier.
    I was thinking it's been a while since we've had a british striker. Will work hard and is pretty quick so he's got that over Giroud.
    Wish we had also got something to cover either central defence or defensive mid. I heard that Lisbon knocked us back cause we were a couple of million short for Carvalho. They are hoping for an auction to get closer to 37 million pounds. Hopefully we don't get 2 injured centre halves and those 2 youth defenders (Hayden and someone else) can play the capital cup games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Speed, hunger and British. 3 reasons I'm happy with welbeck. Has some experience and a body used to the premier league so will be able to take the heat off Sanchez for a while and allow him to drift around causing trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if welbeck considered above giroud when he is over his broken toenail.
    Scared at our lack of cover at the back. Really don't want to see us start monreal at centre back at premier league level.

I think Welbeck is a good player. A lot tougher physically than people give him credit for as well.
    Good move for him too, hope he gets more game time as I think he should be starting for his national team.

Remember the olden days when Wenger hated British kids.
    He's starting the bloody revolution himself now.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Remember the olden days when Wenger hated British kids.
    He's starting the bloody revolution himself now.
    Remember when Alan pardew had a shot at arsenal for not fielding many British players and mainly French players. Oh how times are changed.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    pretty disappointed about this move
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    pretty disappointed about this move

Dat guy
    OK