Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    prob already got enough points to end above Spurs yeah?
    cmon plague, you know Arsenal can't claim finishing above Sp*rs until Sp*rs fans smugly announce to the world how far they are ahead of them, very early, and then all they end up with is a gigantic egg on their face. It wouldn't be fun if we skipped step 1 ops:
    OK

Ffs, so underwhelming.

Nacho just did my head in. I felt like the first goal was on him. And he just turned it over too much.

Debuchy wasn't as bad as Nacho but I wouldn't say he was good really.

Ozil just couldn't find anything.

Giroud was destroyed by Ogbonna and Tomkins, who did fantastically.

AOC is just fantastic. As much as I love Roy Keane, one day he'll just have the biggest egg on his face about the selfies and sixpacks rant at Ox. Imo Ox can be the best English player within a few years. He's so versatile, and has the potential.

I didn't really see how the first goal was Cech's bad, like the internet did. I thought it was on nacho. But that second goal, ffs. Having a keeper like Cech was meant to just put a stop to those kind of goals. So frustrating!

Ramsey is starting to frustrate me more and more. I liken him to Ryu Griff in that he can be anonymous or even poor for large amounts of the game. But the brief amount he'll either light the world on fire and win you a game, and you'll write home about him for days, or he'll continue to be rubbish and somehow avoid most criticism for it.

Theo just isn't a central striker IMO.

I never used to, but I really like Coquelin. He had another fantastic game imo. I felt sorry for him being subbed - I thought it should have been Ramsey instead.

I feel confident in finishing top four again but unless we add a Benzema I just can't see where this big hyped finish will come from. And tbh I haven't really seen the offseason changes to warrant this escalated hype, but anyway.
    OK

Didn't see it (no I'm not wenger) but listened to the game.

Very arsenal.

Saw both goals, agree pv4, first one was woeful marking....still he should have done better. 80-20 blame IMO.

I think the problem for the first one, is that he is miles from it. Not even close to getting a hand to it. And he didn't really look wrong footed or anything. He just looked slow to react. Which imo, is not a good look for somebody of his calibre, and for a club like Arsenal.
    Don't worry, Liverpool will make you feel better soon.

(pessimistic Liverpool fan)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Ffs, so underwhelming.

Nacho just did my head in. I felt like the first goal was on him. And he just turned it over too much.

Debuchy wasn't as bad as Nacho but I wouldn't say he was good really.

Ozil just couldn't find anything.

Giroud was destroyed by Ogbonna and Tomkins, who did fantastically.

AOC is just fantastic. As much as I love Roy Keane, one day he'll just have the biggest egg on his face about the selfies and sixpacks rant at Ox. Imo Ox can be the best English player within a few years. He's so versatile, and has the potential.

I didn't really see how the first goal was Cech's bad, like the internet did. I thought it was on nacho. But that second goal, ffs. Having a keeper like Cech was meant to just put a stop to those kind of goals. So frustrating!

Ramsey is starting to frustrate me more and more. I liken him to Ryu Griff in that he can be anonymous or even poor for large amounts of the game. But the brief amount he'll either light the world on fire and win you a game, and you'll write home about him for days, or he'll continue to be rubbish and somehow avoid most criticism for it.

Theo just isn't a central striker IMO.

I never used to, but I really like Coquelin. He had another fantastic game imo. I felt sorry for him being subbed - I thought it should have been Ramsey instead.

I feel confident in finishing top four again but unless we add a Benzema I just can't see where this big hyped finish will come from. And tbh I haven't really seen the offseason changes to warrant this escalated hype, but anyway.
    Only 37 more posts like this to go mate (plus how ever many games it takes to get kicked out of the Champions League Quarters).

Relax, your Gunners will be fine.

(and by 'fine' I mean 'fourth').

IMO, playing Ramsey outwide is doing you no justice, you can't get him into the game enough, need to have Santi outwide and Ramsey playing as the DLP
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    IMO, playing Ramsey outwide is doing you no justice, you can't get him into the game enough, need to have Santi outwide and Ramsey playing as the DLP
    We don't play Ramsey out wide. He does play in the centre.

The issue we arguably have is starting Ramsey pushes Santi too far out wide, when really he was at his best last year playing CM with Coq.

I think the evidence is pointing to Ozil, Santi & Ramsey as a trio not working together. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey phased out of the starting XI soon.

Btw here's proof of Ramsey not playing out wide:

OK

average formation indeed

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    average formation indeed
    m8 you don't like our 2-8 formation?

Guess it's a change from Cech's usual 8-2.
    OK

I legit went to a Gunners game once and they played 6-1-3 and put 8 past Blackburn.

the game just felt a little like cup final where we had so many chances first 30 mins (i stopped watching after that) and just didnt find the net... As much as giroud has his pretty boy french cult status and walcott is walcott...

We just dont have that striker that yup theres def a goal in them a game or more... We missed sanchez from the start, but totally understandable...

Not going into crisis after 1 game... but it seems like the same old same old will occur...

Still gunners over everything in England!!!!
    Amigos Aarau

No idea how Coq wasn't given a second yellow!

Still love Giroud.

Santi frustrated me this game. I find him extremely hit and miss.

Čech will be blamed for every goal Arsenal concede this year regardless of even if he's playing or not.

Really liked Ramsey this game.

Bellerin has given further evidence that he should be above Debuchy when fit, he's exceptional.
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    pretty good game. arsenal deserved it but boy did they look poor at the back at times.

ozil is the definition of a luxury player.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    ozil is the definition of a luxury player.
    54/55 passes, 5 chances created and 1 assist. The guy is a freak
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i love watching him play. he oozes class.

i just feel as if he disappears for stretches in games. it's as if he sits on the bench for half an hour and comes back on when he's feeling fresh.

you can understand the criticism he cops from pundits and fans in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Tbh if Giroud finishes that first chance, if Alexis didn't have a shitty first touch and set up the corner counter goal, Ozil would have racked up 3 assists and this wouldn't even be a discussion point for this game.

The guy is terrific (we agree) and IMO one of those luxuries that a team can "sacrifice" a spot for.
    OK

Santi frustrated me this game. I find him extremely hit and miss.
    I thought he was your best player.

I also think he is the best player over 90min in the squad by a significant margin.

Other players do better things here and there but he is just consistently great.

I thought Arteta was dead, he was a fair cameo at the end when they needed a cool head.

Tbh if Giroud finishes that first chance, if Alexis didn't have a shitty first touch and set up the corner counter goal, Ozil would have racked up 3 assists and this wouldn't even be a discussion point for this game.

The guy is terrific (we agree) and IMO one of those luxuries that a team can "sacrifice" a spot for.
    I do believe David Carney models his game on Mesut.

In all seriousness - not having fox its hard to truly pass judgement but i will anyway - much of what Mesut does when "he goes missing" is making runs and moving dfeenders to create room for others.

He is to this sqaud what Dennis was when he arrived.

Decent start.