Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Happy St Totteringham's Day !

OK

never seen so many people deliriously happy with 2nd knowing that you finish above spurs most years, this year was the best to win the prem as the bigs all stumbled and no trophies. something quere about AFC supports?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    never seen so many people deliriously happy with 2nd knowing that you finish above spurs most years, this year was the best to win the prem as the bigs all stumbled and no trophies. something quere about AFC supports?
    Just let us take any form of positive we can get from arguably our most underwhelming and disappointing season in a long while.

And allow me to note that our most underwhelming and disappointing season came at the same time as Sp*rs' most impressive & best ever season, and we still beat them ops:
    OK

Banned
    Only Arsenal could finish above Man U Man City Chelsea Liverpool and still not win the League

Gloat all you like about finishing above Spuds.

They had a successful season and were at least in the title race.

Arsenal were not ever seriously in it and when the opportunity came for them to get involved they folded like a cheap ****ing suit.

Nothing to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Only Arsenal could finish above Man U Man City Chelsea Liverpool and still not win the League

Arsenal were not ever seriously in it and when the opportunity came for them to get involved they folded like a cheap ****ing suit.

Nothing to be proud of
    only Arsenal..... and Spurs
    but they couldn't even beat us and we were a steaming pile of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

If Arse didnt fall down the stairs in March they would have gone close. Pretty sure next year manu, manc and chelks will be back to best.

Nothing to be proud of
    Sp*rs held 1st position in the league for mere minutes, at max a few hours from memory.

Arsenal were seriously in it until the Swansea & Manure game.

And nothing will change the fact that regardless of who was in it when, the season that was for Arsenal finished above that "successful" season for Sp*rs.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    If Arse didnt fall down the stairs in March they would have gone close. Pretty sure next year manu, manc and chelks will be back to best.
    I sure Chelsea Man City will be back to their best

Man U I think are still another year away. They have some young players who will improve next season but I not convinced they bridge the gap next season.

If CR7 returns though ???

I sure Chelsea Man City will be back to their best

Man U I think are still another year away. They have some young players who will improve next season but I not convinced they bridge the gap next season.

If CR7 returns though ???
    I honestly reckon unless Man Citeh turn over some players they will struggle. They've got very little heart other than Silva, Fernando and Fernandinho. He is used to having a big gap between his squad and the majority of the league. He won't expect every single week to be as competitive as the PL is.

I'm not getting into a "which league is best argument", look at the last few CL winners. But the BPL is an extremely tough league and i don't think he will adapt as quickly as people think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I honestly reckon unless Man Citeh turn over some players they will struggle. They've got very little heart other than Silva, Fernando and Fernandinho. He is used to having a big gap between his squad and the majority of the league. He won't expect every single week to be as competitive as the PL is.

I'm not getting into a "which league is best argument", look at the last few CL winners. But the BPL is an extremely tough league and i don't think he will adapt as quickly as people think.
    It Man City we talking about. I fully expect them to splash the cash.
    They may have done little in the League but they did improve in Europe

Would expect they looking to bolster to achieve the UCL dream

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Sp*rs held 1st position in the league for mere minutes, at max a few hours from memory.

Arsenal were seriously in it until the Swansea & Manure game.

And nothing will change the fact that regardless of who was in it when, the season that was for Arsenal finished above that "successful" season for Sp*rs.
    I dunno.
    From a non-Spurs/non-gunners perspective I see it more as:
    Spurs had a successful season, let down by a series of bad results at the end. And working all year to win the title and fall short, doesn't leave much to play for in the final games and disappointment creeps in.
    Gunners had an underwhelming season, but we're buoyed by some good results to finish the season. Though, come the last month or two, nobody really thought Arsenal could win the league. Many people will remember who challenged for the league this year and will say leicester and Spurs fought it out.
    More people thought Spurs could win the league, than people that though arsenal would. And people even thought it more likely liverpool would make the top 4 (we wanted to prove them wrong.)

I see your point though. But that's what makes Arsenal a top 4 team, and Spurs a 5-7 team. I think this year was their chance to win it, and they shouldn't be being beaten by Leicester.

But anyway, in your opinion, what to do with Wenger?
    He's getting pumped by some fans over there, if that takes over, he will get the punt. Do you think he is the man for the next few seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I see your point though. But that's what makes Arsenal a top 4 team, and Spurs a 5-7 team. I think this year was their chance to win it, and they shouldn't be being beaten by Leicester.

But anyway, in your opinion, what to do with Wenger?
    He's getting pumped by some fans over there, if that takes over, he will get the punt. Do you think he is the man for the next few seasons?
    It does say a bit that Sp*rs' best season, they actually finished with 2 less points than in AVB's first full season in charge.

I never have nor ever will jump on the Wenger Out brigade. I have full faith in what he has done, what he is currently doing and what he has planned for the future. I'm happy to ignore the protesters and banner makers tbh.
    OK

It does say a bit that Sp*rs' best season, they actually finished with 2 less points than in AVB's first full season in charge.

I never have nor ever will jump on the Wenger Out brigade. I have full faith in what he has done, what he is currently doing and what he has planned for the future. I'm happy to ignore the protesters and banner makers tbh.
    I love Wenger and i'm not on the bandwagon at all. However i do think he realizes that he needs to move on soon. The problem is that they haven't found a successor. I'd be interested to hear who everyone else thinks should replace Arsene and not go down the Man U route...

Once Begeriesten, or however it's spelt, came across from Barca then Pep was always signing for Citeh. Klopp wants passion over success, and a board that will hand him whatever he wants without question, so we weren't going to satisfy him. Simeone wouldn't leave Athletico for us and i don't think he suits us at all, no matter how good a manager he is. Ancellotti and Benitez were too old and not worth the change.

So that leaves from my opinion

Frank DeBoer isn't quite at the top level yet but could be an option.
    Laurent Blanc would be be a step up, if we could get him
    Joachim Lowe is probably the logical choice at the end of next season.
    Eddie Howe would be a massive gamble, more so than David Moyes
    Cocu from PSV has done very well there but i'm not sure he's up the level yet
    Sampoli from Chile couldn't handle the scrutiny from the media.

None of the ex players have really shown that they are ready either. Viera is the closest but i don't think he cares about us anymore. Henry doesn't have the mentality to be a head coach. Bergkamp still hates flying and has said that he prefers to be a No 2 at this stage. Adams didn't make the transition well...

My money is on Lowe, at the end of next season.

Anyone else got some theories?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Klopp was my frontrunner until Liverpool.

I used to think Moyes & Martinez, as I think we all had fleeting thoughts about, but they've both underwhelmed since those times.

I really, really don't know.

What I hope is Arsene does the groundwork for it, and tees it up.
    OK

Klopp was my frontrunner until Liverpool.

I used to think Moyes & Martinez, as I think we all had fleeting thoughts about, but they've both underwhelmed since those times.

I really, really don't know.

What I hope is Arsene does the groundwork for it, and tees it up.
    There's not many that can stay at the top for long anymore. Seems like dressing rooms can be lost very easily these days. Look at Everton, not much changed but they seemed to turn on Martinez once word of the new owners came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I love Wenger and i'm not on the bandwagon at all. However i do think he realizes that he needs to move on soon. The problem is that they haven't found a successor. I'd be interested to hear who everyone else thinks should replace Arsene and not go down the Man U route...

Once Begeriesten, or however it's spelt, came across from Barca then Pep was always signing for Citeh. Klopp wants passion over success, and a board that will hand him whatever he wants without question, so we weren't going to satisfy him. Simeone wouldn't leave Athletico for us and i don't think he suits us at all, no matter how good a manager he is. Ancellotti and Benitez were too old and not worth the change.

So that leaves from my opinion

Frank DeBoer isn't quite at the top level yet but could be an option.
    Laurent Blanc would be be a step up, if we could get him
    Joachim Lowe is probably the logical choice at the end of next season.
    Eddie Howe would be a massive gamble, more so than David Moyes
    Cocu from PSV has done very well there but i'm not sure he's up the level yet
    Sampoli from Chile couldn't handle the scrutiny from the media.

None of the ex players have really shown that they are ready either. Viera is the closest but i don't think he cares about us anymore. Henry doesn't have the mentality to be a head coach. Bergkamp still hates flying and has said that he prefers to be a No 2 at this stage. Adams didn't make the transition well...

My money is on Lowe, at the end of next season.

Anyone else got some theories?
    low is the man imo too

We need a bloke like David Dein back on the board.
    The board don't care about winning, just the finances.

Wenger will find some replacement from some abscure league no one has heard of, bit like when he turned up.

Popovic.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 18-05-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    We need a bloke like David Dein back on the board.
    The board don't care about winning, just the finances.

Wenger will find some replacement from some abscure league no one has heard of, bit like when he turned up.

Popovic.
    You've got that last bit mixed up. Dein was the one who brought in the obscure manager no-one had heard of. Wenger and Gadzidis will bring in a sensible choice that won't rock the boat. Like Loew or Blanc.

XHAKA!!!!!!!!
    Amigos Aarau