Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah but imagine the player cesc could have become had he never left barca
    He'd have warmed the bench for 6 seasons and no one would have known he was.
    Is great to watch Wenger turn no names into world class.
    Just wish he'd do it more often and have less no names who stay no names.
    Academy is starting to pay off though with some young lads starting to come through.

Happy Birthday to Thierry Henry btw

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    He'd have warmed the bench for 6 seasons and no one would have known he was.
    Is great to watch Wenger turn no names into world class.
    Just wish he'd do it more often and have less no names who stay no names.
    Academy is starting to pay off though with some young lads starting to come through.
    cesc would have been better than messi, wenger ruined his career

Greatest chapter of our history.
    Promoted via the paper bag method.
    Never relegated.
    Pretty good of us to to not bang on about it really.
    tbh i knew they were never relegated from top flight once they'd gotten in, but until now had never bothered to read into skirt boys insistent whinging of how they were promoted.

just read - and f***ing lol.

but am i right in saying the true bad guys out of the ordeal was manure for fixing (i've only read one site - but how i'm taking it is they rigged the game) their game against liverpool?
    OK

having rarely seen him play - what style of midfielder is sahin? holder, attacker, box-to-box?

if arse sell song & bring in sahin, what different will they be getting?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    cesc would have been better than messi, wenger ruined his career
    Excellent assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    having rarely seen him play - what style of midfielder is sahin? holder, attacker, box-to-box?

if arse sell song & bring in sahin, what different will they be getting?
    He played a more attacking role at Dortmund from memory. He could probably be a box to box player.

Box to box but comfortable playing a CAM role, Xabi alonso Style passing but also in a CDM role too. Heard he can do it all

Sahin amazing ..... counting down the days now for the tuesday club
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Sahin amazing ..... counting down the days now for the tuesday club
    Stop counting.
    Start downloading.

On it now.... I thought I read something they wernt going to release it until actually Tuesday for a change lol.... Something to listen at work now.
    Amigos Aarau

Positively Negative, typical Alan...
    LOL @ T in dream land.

Positives from the game, Gervihno seemed to have more confidence and control, some of his dribbling was good, but needs to improve decision making. Cazorla is special, either poldi or giroud need to step up and be the proper front man we need that will make the runs as the chances will come. Theo was a bit anonymous, pity would couldn't bring on the ox. Gibbs had a really good game, corporal wasn't too bad...

Sunderland were ****ing dour though, not a shot in the second half. Wenger needs to drill the team to break down these shit house clubs that are going to come and park the bus. You can't break them down by just holding possession and slowly moving the ball around. You need some quick incisive passes, little 1-2 triangles and players running off each other, futsal style.

Couldn't take too much from the game, Giroud should have finished that...

Ps... Hazard looked handy last night

Arghhhhhh another 0-0 draw.....

Mmmmmm, always look on the bright side I guess?

We looked a lot stronger defensively than previously when we've played the likes of stoke and sunderland. I think last night we looked fairly comfortable in defence, apart from the early offside scare they barely threatened, didn't have that usual nervy "oh my god..." feeling when they hoofed it forward.

Also, poldi looked good, he will score goals. Love his directness, it's what we need.

Though with the attack, it seems the more things change the more they stay the same. We just play the ball far too slowly. If you look back at the invincibles we were at our most dangerous when we would move the ball quickly and do swift counter attacks. Over the last few years we've turned in to this possession team that is content to just knock it around in the opponents half and try to break them down. We are not barcelona though. At the moment we do not have the cohesion or players to be able to do those quick little 1-2 triangles, futsal style, that are needed to break down those ugly defences. IF we want to persist with this "just slowly knock it around and move forward" attack then once we have them camped in their half we need to knock some quality crosses in to Giroud. Too many times did jenkinson / gibbs get the ball near the by-line and elect to cut back and knock it back in to the midfield. It's ok to whip it in to the mixer every now and then.

When we get the ball in our half and go forward we need to move the ball quickly, not slow it down every time.

Gervihno was poor last night, looks like a few of our players are not up to scratch fitness wise, eg the ox when he came on. I would start theo and poldi with giroud up front next game.

In the middle, well caz is super sharp, he's just a class above. Thought arteta did really well tracking back and cleaning up as well, he's so dreamy. Diaby went ok all things considered, would like to see more from him going forward.

blaa blaa blaa enough diarrhoea.

Podolski was great and Cazorla could be the signing of the season if the front line start to fire. I've got a feeling that Giroud is going to be the next Chamakh but he worked hard.

Nah Giroud can't be the next Chamakh, Chamakh actually scored goals when HE first arrived....

I kid, I kid.

Have heard we bid 15mil pounds + Diaby for Tiote.

Don't believe that at all, there's no way Wenger would be trying to swap Diaby out. He has massive faith in his ability and he's actually stringing a game or two together without hobbling off yet.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 27-08-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: sp

We kept a clean sheet away at stoke.
    And no-one got their leg broke.

Happy.

We kept a clean sheet away at stoke.
    And no-one got their leg broke.

Happy.
    despite trying... lol

Luca is great loves to go forward... cazorla very nice clean sheet good... just need them to work on the connectivity and get the thing in the back of the net...

ATTACK quicker
    Amigos Aarau