Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league
    What is maken? I thought you must have meant made, but I've just checked the keyboard and the letter 'd' is nowhere near the letter 'n'. I can only assume you think this is a real word. Can you help the rest of us out and give us the meaning?

Also, you bought Monaco into the conversation to try and prove Arsenal's lack of ability to against 'big clubs' and were debunked by stats that prove Chelsea are no better at beating Monaco then Arsenal. Now you throw out a question about the last time we made it out of the last 16. I think a better question would be, when was the last time we didn't make the last 16? And compare that answer to the last time your club didn't make the last 16.

Can you count a year where you didn't make Champions League as a year you didn't make the last 16?

Difference is weve maken the last 4 of the Champions league almost every season Plus weve actually won it. When's the last time you got past the round of 16????

How did your boys go this year in the Champions League? Group Stage? Quarter Finals? Did you even compete in the Europa League? Your team didn't even 'maken' it into Europe last year? Haha.

Yet again, Goldfish Memory and you want to make sure everyone knows you support Chelsea and hate Arsenal. We get it you miss Jose', it's cool. He will call you back eventually. Just chill and relax a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hearing the Barcelona coach Enrique is most likely leaving would you guys take him at the Emirates?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Hearing the Barcelona coach Enrique is most likely leaving would you guys take him at the Emirates?
    I don't think he will come to the premier league. He won't want to follow Pep again. He might move back to Serie A if he quits Barca. Maybe takeover from Max Allegri who seems to be firming up as favourite to replace Wenger.

I don't think Enrique is better than Wenger either.

I think if he leaves this year it will either be Allegri, Laurent Blanc, Eddie Howe or Ralph Hasenhüttl (the guy from RB Liepzig). That's if it happens this year. Just throwing that out there.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I always thought Joacham Low would take over. He would have been a good fit as well. Silly bugger signed another 2 year deal with the German national team tho. Bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't think he will come to the premier league. He won't want to follow Pep again. He might move back to Serie A if he quits Barca. Maybe takeover from Max Allegri who seems to be firming up as favourite to replace Wenger.

I don't think Enrique is better than Wenger either.

I think if he leaves this year it will either be Allegri, Laurent Blanc, Eddie Howe or Ralph Hasenhüttl (the guy from RB Liepzig). That's if it happens this year. Just throwing that out there.
    Diego Simeone?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

They have some other issues going on atm...
    Alles is gut!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    They have some other issues going on atm...
    Alles is gut!!
    That's not gone well has it. Kos goes off and we collectively forget how to play football. Fudge.

Well at least Piers Morgan is probably having an aneurysm right now.

Also, Simeone is going to Inter Milan if/when he leaves Madrid. He already said so somewhere a few months back.

Sutton United must be rubbing their hands together.

If we play like that against them, an upset is on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Sutton United must be rubbing their hands together.

If we play like that against them, an upset is on the cards
    I just hope he leaves most of this team at home against them. Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi, Coq, Mustafi all don't need to come to Sutton at all.

This game is either a catalyst for change back to the way we were pressuring teams about a month ago, if the squad has any spirit left in it, or finally signalling the end for Wenger and a portion of this squad. Which would be sad but if it necessary for the team to shake off some mentality issues against the worlds best than so be it.

We won't know until the team comes out against Liverpool, they play the sort of football that will hurt you if you don't give 110% against them. So quick on the counter and good at absorbing pressure. That will be a very interesting game now.

This game is either a catalyst for change back to the way we were pressuring teams about a month ago, if the squad has any spirit left in it, or finally signalling the end for Wenger and a portion of this squad. Which would be sad but if it necessary for the team to shake off some mentality issues against the worlds best than so be it.

We won't know until the team comes out against Liverpool, they play the sort of football that will hurt you if you don't give 110% against them. So quick on the counter and good at absorbing pressure. That will be a very interesting game now.
    Just park the bus and wait for us to shoot ourselves.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Dark days, dark days indeed

Just kicking back waiting for the "Frodo froff up" over this mornings game..

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Dark days, dark days indeed
    I'm having trouble pin pointing the problem now. I guess you could blame Wenger for the capitulation after Kos went off twice over the tie. But surely there was enough quality on the pitch to stay solid for the rest of the game. We have beaten many teams with 10 men and defended leads to top tier opposition with 10 men. Even if we concede 1-2 of those goals then people will question the ref and we move on to another top 4 finish. But to let in 5 after going down to 10 is terrible.

Firstly, i'm super happy to let Sanchez go no matter who comes in to coach. Obviously doesn't want to work hard for the team, has a bitch and moan after he got a bad tackle at training from Kos, who apologised afterwards according to Pires. Great talent, no heart. When the team is working well he looks wonderful, as soon as it gets tough he looks mediocre. Eden Hazard 2.0. Piss him off and either sign Carrasco or Mbappe. Or sell him and Giroud and push out the boat for an out and out striker.

I think Wenger will be here next year unless Allegri says yes. Can't risk throw anyone into the hot seat with the turmoil in the players. Sort out a new squad and then announce it early in the year that he is leaving, The players will lift for him and he will go out with his head held high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Just kicking back waiting for the "Frodo froff up" over this mornings game..
    I never expected to win so i'm not frothing up too much, other than Sanchez.

I don't even like football, i just like the hollow feeling i get inside when i watch my teams inevitably fail.

I never expected to win so i'm not frothing up too much

I don't even like football, i just like the hollow feeling i get inside when i watch my teams inevitably fail.
    Spoken like a true Jets fan...

This so many times over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'm not looking into Sanchez laughing as much as others. From the clip I watched, it looked like Cech of all people lent over and said something funny to him, which Sanchez laughed at. I dunno, apparently the world embraces the beautiful game of Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc always smiling but Sanchez (assumedly) sees something funny in something his CAPTAIN told him and the world implodes? Nah, not buying it sorry.

I fully expected us to win this game by not enough, which we were seemingly on track to do pre-Kos red card.

I'm still optimistic about finishing the season off successfully (fully worth noting I consider top 4 to be a successful season, and actually despise when people disagree - most of which are just trying to hide their utter failures in not achieving it consistently). I think it'll take finishing outside the top 4 for me to join the #out bridgade, otherwise I still have faith in Arsene.
    OK