Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Firstly, i'm super happy to let Sanchez go no matter who comes in to coach
    Wait?
    Is this a thing?
    Do Arsenal fans not like Sanchez?
    Geez, I reackon he's ace and probably your best player.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wait?
    Is this a thing?
    Do Arsenal fans not like Sanchez?
    Geez, I reackon he's ace and probably your best player.
    His is ace, and Arsenals best player.

He is passionate and is stepping on a few toes and some fans want to see the back end of him.

I guess little do most of them recall that Sanchez probably isn't even as passionate, competitive and as much of a grub as any of our Invincibles ops:

The reaction from this morning seems to be because there's a clip of him laughing while on the bench, which as I said above I'm pretty sure is become the ultimate professional Petr Cech seems to say something funny to him rather than him just laughing at his team being down by 4 goals and 1 man.
    OK

I don't even like football, i just like the hollow feeling i get inside when i watch my teams inevitably fail.
    If this isn't worthy of being included in Jpool's sig, I don't know what is.

Perfect.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'm not looking into Sanchez laughing as much as others. From the clip I watched, it looked like Cech of all people lent over and said something funny to him, which Sanchez laughed at. I dunno, apparently the world embraces the beautiful game of Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc always smiling but Sanchez (assumedly) sees something funny in something his CAPTAIN told him and the world implodes? Nah, not buying it sorry.

I fully expected us to win this game by not enough, which we were seemingly on track to do pre-Kos red card.

I'm still optimistic about finishing the season off successfully (fully worth noting I consider top 4 to be a successful season, and actually despise when people disagree - most of which are just trying to hide their utter failures in not achieving it consistently). I think it'll take finishing outside the top 4 for me to join the #out bridgade, otherwise I still have faith in Arsene.
    It wasn't his laugh that has annoyed me about him. His game has dropped tremendously since China offered him silly money and Giroud was put back into the team. He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

He is one of the most lethal attackers in the league but i personally don't like his attitude. If he stays and scores goals then well done but i have thought he was done for the last 3 months or so and would be surprised if he didn't keep up his antics until he is sold at the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, i am basically just cranky that he is leaving and wish he was sold before he threw his toys out the pram.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

He is one of the most lethal attackers in the league but i personally don't like his attitude. If he stays and scores goals then well done but i have thought he was done for the last 3 months or so and would be surprised if he didn't keep up his antics until he is sold at the end of the year.
    So he's like Cristiano Ronaldo then?

Man you football fans are hard to work out.

(but I still love all of you)

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, i am basically just cranky that he is leaving and wish he was sold before he threw his toys out the pram.
    Ok now this is more understandable.

It wasn't his laugh that has annoyed me about him. His game has dropped tremendously since China offered him silly money and Giroud was put back into the team. He doesn't work as hard as he used to, he gives up on lost balls, he yells at his own players but won't accept criticism by anyone else, he refused to thank supporters a few times, he sulks every time he gets subbed, he always looks for Ozil rather than playing it simple when we are trying to keep possession.

Wenger is a firm believer (ask van Persie) that no one player is bigger than the team. And Sanchez does seem to be filling that role now

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'm not looking into Sanchez laughing as much as others. From the clip I watched, it looked like Cech of all people lent over and said something funny to him, which Sanchez laughed at. I dunno, apparently the world embraces the beautiful game of Ronaldinho, Juninho, etc always smiling but Sanchez (assumedly) sees something funny in something his CAPTAIN told him and the world implodes? Nah, not buying it sorry.

I fully expected us to win this game by not enough, which we were seemingly on track to do pre-Kos red card.

I'm still optimistic about finishing the season off successfully (fully worth noting I consider top 4 to be a successful season, and actually despise when people disagree - most of which are just trying to hide their utter failures in not achieving it consistently). I think it'll take finishing outside the top 4 for me to join the #out bridgade, otherwise I still have faith in Arsene.
    You still think you can finish top 4? when Liverpool beat you and Man U keep winning games WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You still think you can finish top 4? when Liverpool beat you and Man U keep winning games WOW
    I'm optimistic we will, yeah. Will probably cry if we don't.

We have a game in hand on Liverpool and are "only" 2 points behind.

We don't have to play Liverpool again.

Are Manure actually able to get out of 6th spot? Seems like a curse for them
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Wenger is a firm believer (ask van Persie) that no one player is bigger than the team. And Sanchez does seem to be filling that role now
    If Arsene truly thought that, then Sanchez wouldn't have even been on the bench. He would have been dropped completely
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Here is an article that came out after the Bayern debacle that follows along the same lines as my argument against Sanchez. Yet again, he is a terrific striker and i have no qualms about him scoring goals for us, but he definitely has problems.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rsenal-problem

Firstly, the running data. This is a headline figure that is easily digestible for coaches but can be misleading because it does not allow for the intensity and intelligence of players' work.

And yet, it is still a little alarming that Sanchez is yet to run 10 kilometres in a single Premier League game this season despite having completed the 90 minutes on 20 occasions.

By way of comparison, Mesut Ozil, a player sometimes styled as diffident, has hit that mark in 14 of the 16 full Premier League games that he has played this season.
    That shows that not only does Sanchez not work as hard as people seem to imagine he does, but also that Ozil works harder than most people give him credit for.

However, consider the fact that Olivier Giroud has run more than 10 kilometres on each of the occasions that he has played the 90 minutes and a different picture emerges.

Is Sanchez really working as hard as he can? In his last Premier League start against Hull he had the lowest average speed of all 26 outfield players to feature in the match.
    Damn, Giroud works harder than Sanchez does. That isn't good enough for someone of Sanchez's ability and fitness.

The article also goes on about his drop off in 'High Intensity Sprints' as well as the fact that he has lost the ball more than any other team mate, over 100 times more.

Last one is interesting. I would be inclined to attribute it to something along the lines of him being one of the two players tasked with being chief creators in the team. When you have a possession based team like Arsenal, many of the players are very happy to play low risk passes with high percentage completion. This is fine, but somewhere along the line, someone usually has to take a chance or a risk. This responsibility usually falls to one or two star players blessed with technical or vision skills to try to create dangerous situations.

I guess I'm just saying I'm not sure that stat is as bad for him as it sounds. Perhaps it could be weighted somehow against a chances created or similar stat to see how he compares to the rest of the squad.

As for distance covered. I think its hard to read much into that. I do find it humorous however that the "lazy" Ozil consistently outruns the hard working, passionate Sanchez.

Business are usual??
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Business are usual??
    Crystal Palace beating their big brothers in London?

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Crystal Palace beating their big brothers in London?
    Yep cant argue there. We seem to loose to Crystal Palace every year.

love at first sight

done good played hard.

good to see we can the shit out of another team if we need to.

Chelsea 3-0 in the final FWIW
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    done good played hard.

good to see we can the shit out of another team if we need to.

Chelsea 3-0 in the final FWIW
    Very unlike Arsenal. Thought they'd lose to get 4th in the cup

Should be an interesting cup final. It would be the 3rd time in 4 seasons winning the cup if they do...yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I cant wait for the final. Arsenal is the team I wanted. Wenger will set up his way and try and out football us as per usual. Then Hazard will do his magic on the counter and boom game over

love at first sight