Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Very unlike Arsenal. Thought they'd lose to get 4th in the cup

Should be an interesting cup final. It would be the 3rd time in 4 seasons winning the cup if they do...yeah?
    Correct and if win we take again the lead on most FA Cup wins.. Should be an interesting game..

Cup Final anything is possible
    Amigos Aarau

I even wanted Arsenal to win this morning sad times
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

DAcW1xYXcAAV9q-.jpg

Ill just Leave this here
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    DAcW1xYXcAAV9q-.jpg

Ill just Leave this here
    that karma bus must have hurt

ignoring the handball for the moment, if we are going to allow goals like the first one stand, why do we still keep the offside rule?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    that karma bus must have hurt

ignoring the handball for the moment, if we are going to allow goals like the first one stand, why do we still keep the offside rule?
    First goal was a proper joke credit where credit's due Arsenal were superb. I wish them well for their Europa league campaign and the hunt for that 4th place trophy

love at first sight

Undecided about the handball but I was happy with the offside call - they were both miles from anyone else so the only problem they caused was that some Chelsea players stopped....too bad, play to the whistle (this is happening more now).

All up the Gooners should have won by a hatful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Undecided about the handball but I was happy with the offside call - they were both miles from anyone else so the only problem they caused was that some Chelsea players stopped....too bad, play to the whistle (this is happening more now).

ramsey makes to go for the ball which stops Tibo coming out to claim it plus he blocks his view of the shot. Conte hasnt said pee about the refs all season until now, which tells you how bad the call was. Never the less Arsenal still woulda won

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

agree arsenal were the better team, but this idea that a player needs to touch the ball to interfere with play is fanciful to me. yes, they should have played to the whistle, but every player on the planet would stop when they see an attacker 30cm from the ball in an offside position. particularly as the linesman raised his flag.

7 FA Cups for Wenger and 13 for the club...

Great achievement period.
    Amigos Aarau

I still haven't had a good enough look at the alleged handball so can't comment.

But my word if my team conceded that goal I would be sodo so butthurt. I just can't fathom a world where that isn't offside. Ramsey alters how Luiz AND Courtois react, thus interfering with play. Luiz, yes, is silly for not playing the whistle. But Courtois clearly stunts his advance to the ball because of Ramsey's position. IMO that is offside every single day of the week.

May I give a gigantic clap to the ref for carding the diving cheat Moses though. So stoked with how that was dealt with. Perfection.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I still haven't had a good enough look at the alleged handball so can't comment.

But my word if my team conceded that goal I would be sodo so butthurt. I just can't fathom a world where that isn't offside. Ramsey alters how Luiz AND Courtois react, thus interfering with play. Luiz, yes, is silly for not playing the whistle. But Courtois clearly stunts his advance to the ball because of Ramsey's position. IMO that is offside every single day of the week.

May I give a gigantic clap to the ref for carding the diving cheat Moses though. So stoked with how that was dealt with. Perfection.
    Were not buthurt cause we played like SHIT. If Chelsea had played well and lost to that goal then the butthurt would be out in force

love at first sight

Arsene signs on for another two years..
    Your thoughts Frodo, pv4??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Just for the record... What did you expect???

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    They looked elsewhere and couldn't find anyone better. Which Wenger knew all year so he just left it all and waited for the board to agree to what he had put forward. It will be interesting to see if they get in a director of Football tho. Wenger has been told to stop playing hardball on transfers and conclude them sooner. Could be interesting to see how that message goes, especially if we get a Director of Football helping out.

My bet is we will know midway through next season the end date for Arsene's career as Arsenal Manager and I reckon those in the know will have sorted out the replacement pretty early. Loew and Allegri seem to be the coaches they wanted this time but couldn't get either.

Tuchel is available, and it was known for a few months that he would be, and they didn't want him. Lucianno Spalletti knew he was being moved on and we didn't want him. Sampoali is too hot headed to deal with our board, plus doesn't speak English. Eddie Howe isn't ready. Paul Clement isn't ready. Unai Emery was poached before we had a chance. Luis Enrique would have been a popular choice amongst Euro fans but said he wants a rest for a year or two.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

This is completely out of left field... But I would love to see Andre Villa Boas do well in China, then come and win the league with us. He has won the Europa League and was doing a good job in Europe with Spuds before he was sacked and he is still only like 35 or something.

It would just be extra fun for him to come back to London and win it with Arsenal. Plus I think he is a better coach than half the guys currently coaching teams in the EPL.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Love the inclusion of russjaybee in there..

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This is completely out of left field... But I would love to see Andre Villa Boas do well in China, then come and win the league with us. He has won the Europa League and was doing a good job in Europe with Spuds before he was sacked and he is still only like 35 or something.

It would just be extra fun for him to come back to London and win it with Arsenal. Plus I think he is a better coach than half the guys currently coaching teams in the EPL.
    AVB has terrible man management skills, be prepared for him to cause friction between him and his players if you signed him.

love at first sight

Good, no problem with it at all.....
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    AVB has terrible man management skills, be prepared for him to cause friction between him and his players if you signed him.
    Not saying you are incorrect, but the main reason he was sacked at Chelsea was because he wasn't ready for the criticism of the media and the senior players. He admitted it himself and people behind the scenes echoed the same reasons as to why he was sacked. Chelsea have built a Real Madrid like mentality within the playing group, which when it gels is hugely successful but when they have any sort of issue it can turn ugly quickly. Mourinho found that out the 2nd time as well.

Conte is doing so well because he is used to coaching a national football team. You need to be able to take big egos and make them gel quickly in a national team setup.

AVB at Spurs was a totally different story. His first season he came in and finished with Spurs highest points total, as well as the highest points total for a team to miss out on Champions league (Arsenal finished 4th by 1 point) The next year he was given new signings that he didn't agree to and was told that he needed to compete on 3 fronts from the get-go. He won 6 from 6 of his Europa League games but was struggling in the PL and was sacked abruptly. He was of the thought that trophies meant more than finishing in the top 4 and was punished for it.

He went to Zenit and almost won the league in his first 2 months after winning like 7 of their last 8 games. He won it the next year, in his first full season. Made the last 16 of the champions league the year after and won the league cup.

If he returned he would have a much better squad than the mishmash of players in that Tottenham squad, but he has said that he won't return to the EPL so it probably doesn't matter.