Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Good to see one of the lesser lights going on to the next round

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Good to see one of the lesser lights going on to the next round
    But Arsenal lost...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    But Arsenal lost...
    ha ha ha

But Arsenal lost...
    Well played sir

Get ready for VAR burn.

Commentators today said if this was the VAR (being trialed in the other Cup), the second penalty would have been retaken.

Overall view elsewhere is that the video was inconclusive - it wasn't an obvious error.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Get ready for VAR burn.

Commentators today said if this was the VAR (being trialed in the other Cup), the second penalty would have been retaken.

Overall view elsewhere is that the video was inconclusive - it wasn't an obvious error.
    Look at how the bloody ball moved....

But yeah pretty horrible result. Resting players for wednesdays game against chelsea?

Wheels def falling off..
    Amigos Aarau

Is anyone actually surprised at a result like this from Arsenal??? Everyone knew what they were getting when Wenger got the new contract and no where near enough fans joined the protests against him. Sooner Arsenal fans except their now at best top 6 side and have no right to challenge for silverware and winning the NLD is the best hope for a season the easier there lives will be
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Yeah and 2 of their best players seemingly want out so good luck getting any good players.

man Wenger seems to have lost the magic, which is a shame because only fergie rivals him for the biggest influence in EPL history IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is anyone actually surprised at a result like this from Arsenal??? Everyone knew what they were getting when Wenger got the new contract and no where near enough fans joined the protests against him. Sooner Arsenal fans except their now at best top 6 side and have no right to challenge for silverware and winning the NLD is the best hope for a season the easier there lives will be
    The answer to your question is no.

A couple of points on Wenger, his new contract and future. 1) No amount of fan noise would have convinced the board to move on from Wenger as manager. The main issue, from what I can see, is the majority owner and his shared beliefs with Wenger. Both are on the same page. 2) There is already a chair on the board for Wenger when he decides he has had enough. There is no pushing him out of his position and there is no pushing him out of this club. He will continue, post management, to have his stamp on this club and I don't see too much changing.

Maybe a new manager can put his stamp on the players. A new frame of mind or a bit of grit. However, I do not see transfer policy changing nor running profitably not being the highest priority for the club.

Arsenal's issue is bigger then a manager problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    The answer to your question is no.

A couple of points on Wenger, his new contract and future. 1) No amount of fan noise would have convinced the board to move on from Wenger as manager. The main issue, from what I can see, is the majority owner and his shared beliefs with Wenger. Both are on the same page. 2) There is already a chair on the board for Wenger when he decides he has had enough. There is no pushing him out of his position and there is no pushing him out of this club. He will continue, post management, to have his stamp on this club and I don't see too much changing.

Maybe a new manager can put his stamp on the players. A new frame of mind or a bit of grit. However, I do not see transfer policy changing nor running profitably not being the highest priority for the club.

Arsenal's issue is bigger then a manager problem.
    But is a small problem that can be resolved, Get a new manager maybe the board will see what it's like with a Manager who demands more from the players and board and it may change things
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

But is a small problem that can be resolved, Get a new manager maybe the board will see what it's like with a Manager who demands more from the players and board and it may change things
    It is only a small problem when the people running the club will not change because a change of management for the team. He moves to the board with his pals, brings in a replacement of his choosing and the puppeteering continues from a different office of influence.

I don’t see it as a small problem at all. It’s taken Man U years to start to recover from Fergie retiring.

Pick the wrong response replacement and it could get worse & for much longer

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I don’t see it as a small problem at all. It’s taken Man U years to start to recover from Fergie retiring.

Pick the wrong response replacement and it could get worse & for much longer
    You but isnt it worth the risk then staying with Wenger? Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad

love at first sight

Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad
    I felt for Guus when that happened to him.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Sacking Di Matteo was also tough

The gratitude when no other Chelsea Manager had won the UCL was low?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sacking Di Matteo was also tough

The gratitude when no other Chelsea Manager had won the UCL was low?
    Yeah but we keep winning things so in the end our board made the right call. Its ok for Liverpool and Arsenal to stick with managers because their boards dont really desire trophies

love at first sight

Its ok for Liverpool and Arsenal to stick with managers because their boards dont really desire trophies
    You say some good things. You say some daft things.

This is a daft thing. You can't say this unless you've sat on the board and heard them say it. My guess, you haven't.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 09-01-2018 at 02:30 PM.

You say some good things. You say some daft things.

This is a daft thing. You can't say this unless you've sat on the board and heard them say it. My guess, you haven't.
    The proof is in the pudding. If you spend the Coutinho money on some marquee signings then I may change my mind. Van Djik is ok for a start but nowhere near as good as people think he is.

love at first sight

You but isnt it worth the risk then staying with Wenger? Chelsea sacked their best ever manager Twice and recovered it isnt always gonna be bad
    My whole point is - When Wenger isn't manager, he moves to the board. He also chooses his replacement. There is no major changes. The club maintains board and the boards priority (profit), leading to nothing really changing.

Big picture - The club, and the way it is run, is a bigger problem then the manager and how the team is run.

You point about Chelsea sacking managers - The difference between the clubs (not teams) is the money that is allowed to be spent by the manager. In Arsenal's case, the manager is of the same belief as the owner and the majority of the board.