Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I was taken back by the Stoke fans booing Ramsey when he came on. I know there's a bit of spice between the two clubs but that wasn't nice to hear.

It's a dead set disgrace. Kid gets his leg DESTROYED, works hard to get playing again, does not say a word about it, and they boo him. Top blokes up @ stoke.

THEY BOOOOOOO THE SICK (and recently healed)

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    It's a dead set disgrace. Kid gets his leg DESTROYED, works hard to get playing again, does not say a word about it, and they boo him. Top blokes up @ stoke.

THEY BOOOOOOO THE SICK (and recently healed)
    I agree. I felt the actions were a bit off the mark.

Oi! This ones got a limp! Boooooo!

The "spice" that Parksey alludes too is all about the Ramsey incident. Booing a bloke for having his leg broken is all there is to any rivalry, gooners got the shits about it. Stoke fans reckon thy can boo whoever they want. ****ing pathetic. There was she shit too about ramsey being quoted as saying he hadn't yet accepted an apology from shawcross.... The reporter didn't mention that he hadn't accepted the apology BECAUSE THERE HADN'T BEEN ONE! But let's not that get in the way of a good story.

Clean sheets!

Arsenal 'ready to sell' Walcott

Arsenal are understood to be willing to sell Theo Walcott before the close of the transfer window after talks over a new five-year contract broke down.

Walcott is in the final season of his current deal at Emirates Stadium and discussions regarding an extension have been ongoing for some time.

Arsene Wenger confirmed before the Gunners' opening game of the season against Sunderland earlier this month that the club are still trying to extend Walcott's deal.

However, the Arsenal manager also warned that 'when a player doesn't want to stay, you either force him or you let him go', with the club having already sold Robin van Persie and Alex Song this summer.

The future of Walcott is now set to be decided by Friday's deadline, with reports suggesting Arsenal will sell the England international for a fee between £12million and £15m if no new contract is agreed.

Manchester City are believed to be favourites to snap up the 23-year-old as Roberto Mancini tries to add to the solitary signing of Jack Rodwell.

Mancini is in the market for a new winger after Adam Johnson's sale to Sunderland and the failure to agree a fee with Swansea City for Scott Sinclair.

Liverpool, though, are also reported to be interested in Walcott, who has made over 220 appearances for Arsenal since joining from Southampton in January 2006.
    People saying Arsenal are a "selling club" now and can't compete with the "Big Boys". I say it makes more sense to cash in on a player who, let's face it, hasn't really lived up to the hype rather than lose him for nought in under 12 months anyway.

Say what you will about Arsenal and their form, but they run the club properly and responsibly. None of the "Big Clubs" in the EPL can say that IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    None of the "Big Clubs" in the EPL can say that IMHO
    I'm sure they remind themselves of that while polishing their trophies.

Walcott can go. I won't shed a tear. His stats in Europe are pretty go though. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    I'm sure they remind themselves of that while polishing their trophies.

Sure, they have had success, but at what price? The Financial Fair Play rules will (hopefully) put paid to the irresponsible way some clubs do business. The best part about these guidelines (and later, rules) is that clubs that are operating in a financially responsible way, like Arsenal will barely have to change the way they do things. The Manchester United and Liverpool corporations will come to a grinding halt as they come to realise they will be punished for racking up massive, massive debts that they can never recoup.

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I am a fan of the way they run the club.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Liverpool has already come to a grinding halt.

It's true that Arsenal balance the books really well, but you mentioned the financial fair play reglations which could restrict their already low spending in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    but you mentioned the financial fair play reglations which could restrict their already low spending in the future.
    They turn a profit. The FFP rules will actually allow them to spend more.... According o the rules, not the boardroom policy.

Tbh I can't see the FFP rules impacting too much on the big clubs, they'll find a way around them, what the FFP rules should do is help prevent portsmouth situations arising again.

I like how we've played hardball with theo, latest reports seem to say he's going to extend his stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    They turn a profit. The FFP rules will actually allow them to spend more.... According o the rules, not the boardroom policy.

Tbh I can't see the FFP rules impacting too much on the big clubs, they'll find a way around them, what the FFP rules should do is help prevent portsmouth situations arising again.
    FFP has nothing to do with profits, its about keeping the spending to a certain percentage of turnover according to how much debt you have (in order to control debt). I doubt it will stop the Portsmouth situation from happening as the only penalty (at the moment) if you breach the FFP rules is you don't get to play in Europe. So you could have a club spending as much as it likes, but not playing in Europe and still ending up like Portsmouth.
    Last edited by De-Champ; 30-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    FFP has nothing to do with profits, its about keeping the spending to a certain percentage of turnover according to how much debt you have (in order to control debt). I doubt it will stop the Portsmouth situation from happening as the only penalty (at the moment) if you breach the FFP rules is you don't get to play in Europe. So you could have a club spending as much as it likes, but not playing in Europe and still ending up like Portsmouth.
    Fair enough.
    We are soon coming to the end of some rubbish contracts involved with sponsorship.
    Emirates got front of shirt and stadium naming rights for 2/5 of SFA and the catering atth staium is dodgy as hell too. so when they are renegotiated our income will increase.

In better news the Danish Ego has been loaned to Juve!

up the gunners

Lu lu lu lu
    Amigos Aarau

Germans don't do knee slides!
    Check out per's spin.

didnt watch the game but ffs norwich? anyone watch it can give some commentary?

Didn't watch it but from everything I've read and heard from friends it's one to forget... ffs.

The fiesta is empty sack the lot, apart from jack & Lu Lu....

Santos was utterly woeful this morning, with Gervihno not far behind him.

I am so frustrated by our unwillingness to change a team until the last 20 minutes of the game. Not to mention when we finally did make a change it was only Giroud coming on.
    The team had created roughly ZERO chances so I'm not sure what kind of impact Giroud, being a target man (EG RELIES ON GETTING THE BALL) was meant to have.

Gnabry and Stuart little needed to come on WITH giroud around 60 minutes.

It was clear to everyone watching the game where it was heading and I don't think any supporters were surprised when Shalke scored.

We had I think 1 shot on target before gnabry forced their keepers first save in the 88th minute or when ever the hell it was?
    That is an utterly DIRE performance. I don't care how much possession we have. To win games we have to score goals, we never looked like scoring tonight.

The structure is not working. Santos was over-lapping, losing possession and then not being able to track back. He looked utterly stuffed.
    It's no surprise our form has dropped since the departure of Gibbs. Gibbs and Poldi had a fine partnership forming prior to his injury.

If for whatever reason Wenger does not have any faith in playing Giroud up front then why hasn't Podolski been tried in that position? Prior to coming to us wasn't he leading the line for Cologne (Koln) and scoring a bag load of goals?
    For me players like Gervihno, Walcott, Ox etc should be out wide and are not suited up front. Even when Henry was playing up front he would generally drift to wide positions.

TRYING to look on the bright side, I thought coquelin and gnabry were good. Rambo looked fairly sharp. Thought arteta was good though looked a little tired? Off the pace.

And yet again, we need a goal keeper.

The more things change the more they stay the same?

/neck myself.

12' [1 - 0] J. Roberts
    18' [2 - 0] L. Koscielny (o.g.)
    20' [3 - 0] M. Leigertwood
    37' [4 - 0] N. Hunt
    45' [4 - 1] T. Walcott
    64' [4 - 2] O. Giroud
    89' [4 - 3] L. Koscielny
    90' [4 - 4] T. Walcott
    103' [4 - 5] M. Chamakh

still in extra time.

FFS why we go down 4-0 to Reading is beyond me