Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Reddit is amazing right now. Supposedly everyone, well everyone on a keyboard right now, wants Emery gone because we got beaten by City at home the week after they lost to Newcastle. Football fans are just the worst people, haha.

it was quite hilarious though, that for a team of very very very talented and skilled footballers, in the 1st half Arsenal didnt seem to know how to even football bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    it was quite hilarious though, that for a team of very very very talented and skilled footballers, in the 1st half Arsenal didnt seem to know how to even football bro.
    I think you mean 2nd half. The 1st half we did ok. It was the 2nd half that we didn't do anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

For anyone interested. This is a cut/copy from a post on Reddit regarding a podcast they did with David Ornstein who is the No1 journalist when it comes to Arsenal news. He's normally correct about 90% of the time. This is what he said about the current goings on.

Well that was an interesting listen! Here's points raised by Ornstein!

• The January budget was "meager", nearly nothing to work with for permanent signings. Loan signings with options to buy was the target. Any loan signings had to have option to buy, not obligation. Targeted players were told this fact.

• Arsenal vaguely explored to bring back Chambers from Fulham but that would have incurred a recall fee so Arsenal shelved the idea and focused on attacking targets.

• Mavropanos highly thought of within club. Wenger was annoyed he was bought in without his opinion but he came round on his ability after watching him in training.

• Arsenal thought we were well off in numbers at the back but were aware of quality issues.

• Focus on defensive signings in Summer.

• Arsenal were looking for box-to-box midfielder and wide player for January. Went extremely hard for Perisic. Inter were angry that we wouldn't give them an obligation to buy Perisic. There weren't interested in the reported penalty fee.

• Arsenal were interested in Carrasco at start of the window. Loan fee offered was nowhere near what Dalian Yifang wanted. When Arsenal went back in for him after Perisic, the loan fee didn't change.

• Serious interest in Nkunku throughout the staff. Thought it could have been done. Needed PSG to get a midfielder for deal to go through. Politics in play with Tuchel and Mislantat. Wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for him in the Summer.

• Emery likes experienced players and players he knows and trusts, hence Denis Suarez.

• Rumored reports on the potential of us going in for Rabiot.

• Emery was highly on board with Guendouzi signing. If Guendouzi didn't go through, Emery would have been interested in N'Zonzi.

• Shock to everyone at club that Gazidis left. Everyone thought he would smooth over the transition process before leaving.

• Mislantat wanted the technical director role in the club. No recommendation after Gazidis left to take the role.

• Jason Rosenfeld was included in the panel to select the new manager.

• Mislantat led Carrasco & Perisic deals but then Raul took over those deals after Mislantat was confirmed to leave.

• Mislantat's plan was to step back in year 1 to assess the squad and then step in to restructure it but by then it was too late as he is now leaving.

• Whoever takes the Techinical Director role has to be known and trusted by Emery or have a strong connection with Arsenal.

• Monchi is Raul & Emery's first choice for the role. Ornstein heard from someone it's a done deal but not sure and will probably hear more in the coming days/weeks.

• Looking to head towards an intelligent recruitment model, i.e. buy unknowns, develop them into talents and either keep or sell them for money to re-invest into the team.

• Doesn't believe there was a fallout between Raul & Sven, just that their outlooks conflicted each others.

• Self sustaining model is set to continue.

• Arsenal set well in analytics etc.

• Arsenal impressed with Ljungberg and Mertesacker. Emery's training sessions are intense.

• Kroenke's leaving Raul and Vinai to run club as they are happy with how they go about things.

• Ornstein not seeing a clear vision of what Kroenke wants for the club or what the plan is.

• Most of Arsenal's directors were at the Superbowl on Sunday. City's directors were surprised at the low number of them at the match on Sunday.

• Emery long-term appointment. Club expects 4/5 transfer windows before they get to where they want to be competitively.

• Ornstein has heard that we can have around £100m in Summer but doesn't want to say that for a fact as he is not completely sure.

• Some within the club didn't want to give Ozil a contract and some didn't want Ozil to be on that wage. Ozil had bargaining power due to Sanchez leaving.

• Troubles with how Ozil is settling in Emery's play-style.

• Ornstein not sure whether his story of Ozil being recommended to leave was from Emery, the hierarchy or both.

• Ozil is training well and not a problem within the camp.

• Theorizes that Ozil is not playing so he will be forced to leave in the Summer, thus saving Arsenal millions
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

FMD. That is 2 points thrown away. Even with some dubious at best ref decisions we still should have won that comfortably.

Kane's penalty definitely shouldn't have stood, they were all clearly offside before the offence occured. Nothing new for us or them tho.

Rose should have been Red carded for his studs into the chest tackle on Leno. Again, not surprised a sound gets away with that sort of tackle.
    Proof of this is when Torreira gets Red carded later in the game for a softer challenge than Rose's. Main difference is Danny acts like this bitch we all know him to be and rolls around like his broken 3 arms and both legs. He did make a miraculous recovery as soon as the Red was shown. (Watching him flounder in midfield was pretty enjoyable to watch tho)

Vertonghen being 2metres inside the box when Auba took his terrible penalty was also frustrating but not surprised he didn't do anything about it.

Emery did superb tactically, nullified Spuds for almost the entire game. Just needed his strikers to finish chances and we are on our way to 3rd spot. Looks like Us, United and Spuds will be fighting for 2 spaces in UCL next year now. Would love it if Spuds missed out, Pochettino goes to Real and Erickson, Alderwereld and Vertonghen all leave (as is rumoured).

BUT!

How effing good was Ramsey pointing to the pitch and yelling out "this is my ****ing home!". Well played sir. Gonna miss you a lot.

that was a good game of football ruined by the mere existence of Harry Kane.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

He dived against us as well a few weeks back but he is the media love child as are Spurs

Most of the media I see about Spurs is about how they are losing their manager or their players - how they always fail when it counts and how they usually don't deserve to win the games they win. They might love Harry Kane but as soon as he looked to claim that dodgy goal last year( I think) they were over him like he was the worst in the world

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost View Post
    Most of the media I see about Spurs is about how they are losing their manager or their players - how they always fail when it counts and how they usually don't deserve to win the games they win. They might love Harry Kane but as soon as he looked to claim that dodgy goal last year( I think) they were over him like he was the worst in the world
    Because they had a few English lads and weren't mid table, some pundits started dreaming of a repeat of the "Class of 92" and forgave them everytime they choked for the first couple of years. Now that it's pretty much academic that they won't win anything with this squad / coach, the balloon is slowly deflating.

Liverpool have become the new vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost View Post
    Most of the media i read about Spurs is ridiculous. We are either going to win the title or are the ultimate failures.
    The reality is somewhere in between.

And on Rose/Torreria, I agree with you Frodo. However I am sure it actually benefited Arsenal having Danny Rose in the middle of the pitch for us, he was Arsenal's best player in that final 20.
    And on the pens: Our shouldn't have been given as Kane was offside. Yours shouldn't have been given as it wasn't a foul.

Also, I agree with you summation of the game (not the 'win comfortably' but, but the rest of it). We had all the ball, but your lot looked quite structured and comfortable defending against us, but then you looked quite dangerous on the counter. Overall, my thoughts were a draw is a fair result.

The race for those final 2 Top 4 spots is going to be very interesting.

Morning Gooners

We're gonna win.

How are you feeling today, Mr Baggins??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    How are you feeling today, Mr Baggins??
    If Frodo doesn't reply, I can only assume they're the person who ran on and pushed Smalling
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If Frodo doesn't reply, I can only assume they're the person who ran on and pushed Smalling
    I'm way too intelligent/lazy/fat/slow to run into a football pitch and take on Smalling. What a fecking twat that guy was too. Almost ruined a massive day for the club, should never be allowed to go to a stadium in any of the football leagues.

Knocked off work at 6am to a joyous notification on my phone. Checked out a few stats and I'll watch the game before my night shift tonight.

We've doubled our total points take from the "big 6" this year, and it shows how much of a difference that makes. We have the 3rd best attack but only the 7th best defence. A few tweaks next year and we will be in the hunt for trophies already.

In Unai we trust.

Also, how good is watching spuds implode. Ref still gave them every decision and they cxxked it up. How Sissoko didn't see Red is beyond me. Thats 3 head butts and a kick out they've managed to escape in the last 4-5 games without a red card. Not even Liverpool or City are afforded that type of bullying. Can't wait till they finish 5th this year behind us and United and slowly fall apart at the seams.

Can't wait till they finish 5th this year behind us and United and slowly fall apart at the seams.
    Don't you dare say that... I know you have been talking to Dips about this sh!t.. Fvck United..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Don't you dare say that... I know you have been talking to Dips about this sh!t.. Fvck United..
    Nah, fvck Spuds and Chelski. Fold them both.

Also, how good is watching spuds implode. Ref still gave them every decision and they cxxked it up. How Sissoko didn't see Red is beyond me. Thats 3 head butts and a kick out they've managed to escape in the last 4-5 games without a red card. Not even Liverpool or City are afforded that type of bullying. Can't wait till they finish 5th this year behind us and United and slowly fall apart at the seams.
    Anyone who thought spurs were in a title race needs their brain tested for damage

Feeling alright in third spot today, Mr Baggins?