Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    From the 15-20min mark yeah we did. The luck I mean is the 2 hammys and the very questionable second yellow
    Shoudlve also been a yellow to Xhaka as well for Kova's 1st yellow and a red card for your keeper but thats football. We didnt deserve the win so thats that
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Shoudlve also been a yellow to Xhaka as well for Kova's 1st yellow and a red card for your keeper but thats football. We didnt deserve the win so thats that
    I've got heaps of sympathy for the injuries, never like to see it happen to anyone. Pulisic going off ruined your entire game plan in attack it seemed. The second yellow was also completely rubbish, Taylor had a shocker.

I will clarify that the first tackle from him, he came through Xhaka's standing leg towards the ball. Can't complain about a yellow there. You're allowed to step in front of the ball and shield it, can't go through the player to win it.

They also showed replays of the Emi incident and it was in the box, VAR checked it and confirmed during the game as well. I can send the clip if need be, buy definitely no handle outside the box there, they showed the replay on all the post game talk segments.

That was a very fortunate/lucky win. Going off our current run-ins (2-1 wins with a red card each time) we'll see you in the Europa League final next year and lose 4-0, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've got heaps of sympathy for the injuries, never like to see it happen to anyone. Pulisic going off ruined your entire game plan in attack it seemed. The second yellow was also completely rubbish, Taylor had a shocker.

I will clarify that the first tackle from him, he came through Xhaka's standing leg towards the ball. Can't complain about a yellow there. You're allowed to step in front of the ball and shield it, can't go through the player to win it.

They also showed replays of the Emi incident and it was in the box, VAR checked it and confirmed during the game as well. I can send the clip if need be, buy definitely no handle outside the box there, they showed the replay on all the post game talk segments.

That was a very fortunate/lucky win. Going off our current run-ins (2-1 wins with a red card each time) we'll see you in the Europa League final next year and lose 4-0, lol.
    There are photos of ball outside box with keeper with ball outside of box. But in regards to the 1st yellow should've been yellow to both players. Both were late and reckless. Seeing Azpi in tears was tough to watch

There are photos of ball outside box with keeper with ball outside of box. But in regards to the 1st yellow should've been yellow to both players. Both were late and reckless. Seeing Azpi in tears was tough to watch
    There was a fake picture put out, even got a heap of us Arsenal supporters are first. But the slow Mo footage shown on the TV shows is what I'm talking about.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Think its kovacic

and now the spuds need to go through 3 rounds of playoffs for europe hehe....

It was a cup final, after the first drinks break arsenal reacted bloody well and thats where the first change of the game was along with pulisic injury.

Typcial cup final anything can happen.
    Amigos Aarau

I hope the Scouser kids on here are shaking in their boots about the Community Shield.

I mean other than the fact that our only options at CM for this game are Xhaka, Elneny and Willock, we should be favourites. Lmao. Just hope they move the advertising hoardings far enough back so Gomez doesn't break any more players arms this off season.

So we all agreed that the Community Shield is the most important trophy of them all right? It's like the Super Cup but better?

Small tidbit, since 2011 Arsenal have played 15 games at Wembley and only lost once (2018 league cup final to City.) Not bad a record considering it's some smaller clubs dream to even play there. I always appreciate when we go to Wembley, love coming home with silverware as well. Auba didn't even drop this one, lol.

We’re going to win the league !

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    You forgot the “a”

I hate to quote myself; but yeah

You guys looked good. Looked fit and mobile. First time I’ve watched Auba, he gives you guys a dangerous outlet. Pepe v willian will be an interesting development if they only going to play RW.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Fulham go back down. Looked bamboozled.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Arsenal top of the table from July to September - who would have predicted it?

Willian will be 1st choice. Arteta seems like a smart bloke and will not want to risk a sulking Willian disrupting the squad which he's done at Chelsea the few times he's not been 1st choice

It’s not going well

It’s not going well
    Don't worry, Roy Keane was right when he said we have too good a squad to go down. So, I'm not too worried right now. Just need to really take our time with the next manager and find someone good enough to justify backing long term. Unai Emery should have been financially backed like Mikel has been and given another year if they didn't have a qualified manager ready to come in.

Don't worry, Roy Keane was right when he said we have too good a squad to go down. So, I'm not too worried right now. Just need to really take our time with the next manager and find someone good enough to justify backing long term. Unai Emery should have been financially backed like Mikel has been and given another year if they didn't have a qualified manager ready to come in.
    No squad is too good to go down, Arteta is out of his depth and has a board who doesn't really ever back managers and haven't really backed him (He wanted Aouar I believe), He also has a squad which is close to the weakest mentally in the league. If your not seriously concerned about your league form or position then your head is buried in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

No squad is too good to go down, Arteta is out of his depth and has a board who doesn't really ever back managers and haven't really backed him (He wanted Aouar I believe), He also has a squad which is close to the weakest mentally in the league. If your not seriously concerned about your league form or position then your head is buried in the sand
    Arteta was the first manager financially backed by KSE from their own pockets ever. So yes, he was backed.

We are two wins off a European spot whilst also being 7 points from relegation spots. It's been less than a 3rd of the season, so I'm not too worried. The top of the table is a good way to show how ridiculous this season has been so far. Spuds are sitting in first with the same squad that looks likely to be knocked out of the Europa league next week, Southampton are top 6, Villa could be 4th if they win their games in hand, Liverpool are in a full blown crisis and are still in 2nd place. United are looking at sacking Ole even though they could be 3rd if they win their game in hand. Heck Barcelona are supposedly 3 points off relegation right now.

Arteta will get sacked eventually, but until the board sorts out the structure above him there's no point getting anyone new in just yet. Sack Edu, sign Rangnick to run things and then let him find a new manager. We will have to spend so long getting rid of the deadwood like Willian (and probably Auba now) from the books that we won't be competing for the UCL.

At season's end the following players are leaving which is great news tho.

Luiz.
    Mustafi.
    Ozil.
    Sokratis.
    Ceballos goes back to Real.

That's a fair bit of deadwood removed straight away, not to mention about £33 million in wages freed up.

Do you guys all shout oezil a party for finally pissing off?
    FMD that was a long contract.

On behalf of everyone else, sure Luiz doesn’t deserve another contract......? Please?