Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1128

Thread: General Horse Racing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    D'Argento confirmed for the Doncaster, with Corey Brown riding at 49kg.
    brown can ride 49 but the horse may as well be carrying 49 million kg with him on it

the q-stumpers e/w

stratum charge
    weather with you
    crack me up

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Attention Q-money and Skippy - What's the latest on your horse ? How is he going and when will he be on the track ?
    Had a trial this morning, bombed the start and came 3rd to a squillion dollar written tycoon colt, actually looked half decent.

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeF...ype=FullReplay

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Had a trial this morning, bombed the start and came 3rd to a squillion dollar written tycoon colt, actually looked half decent.

His other trials were good as well. He will win a race somewhere. He got to the line very nicely and looked to have a bit in reserve as well.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-04-2018 at 01:32 PM.

ran through the line pretty well i thought. maybe he's not such a spud after all

His other trials were good as well. He will win a race somewhere. He got to the line very nicely and looked to have a bit in reserve as well.
    Comments from the jockey afterwards, reckons he went did good relaxed after being scrubbed up a bit, settled in nicely, got off the rails and wasn't afraid to hit the gap rates him as a 14-1600 metre horse.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Comments from the jockey afterwards, reckons he went did good relaxed after being scrubbed up a bit, settled in nicely, got off the rails and wasn't afraid to hit the gap rates him as a 14-1600 metre horse.
    I'd be a little bit excited if I owned him. Reckon you blokes have done well.

I'd be a little bit excited if I owned him. Reckon you blokes have done well.

Latest trial this morning, think they are looking at running him in a couple of weeks.

our boy Sagz runs R3 at port mac today

4kg down in the weights to the toppy who is very decent, should run a hole at least. keen

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    our boy Sagz runs R3 at port mac today

4kg down in the weights to the toppy who is very decent, should run a hole at least. keen
    He didn't look happy did he Q and Skip ? The wet conditions / slow track might not have been to his liking.

I see he's nominated for Taree on Friday 1st June. Hopefully he gets some firmer ground this time to show his stuff.

https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-fo...andicap-race-8

knuckled at the start i think, then got off the bit and lost his way but bullock got him switched back on round the bend. i thought he came home pretty well considering where he was at the start, and once he remembered what he was doing - i reckon he needs longer, 1200 probably isn't his go.

jock reckons the same - think they're trying to get him out over the mile by the end of the prep

i also think they're trying to break his maiden out in the sticks to avoid the ridiculous weight you get if you win at the provs (if he wins)

i'm much more confident in him now after seeing that in really unfavourable ground up there

knuckled at the start i think, then got off the bit and lost his way but bullock got him switched back on round the bend. i thought he came home pretty well considering where he was at the start, and once he remembered what he was doing - i reckon he needs longer, 1200 probably isn't his go.

jock reckons the same - think they're trying to get him out over the mile by the end of the prep

i also think they're trying to break his maiden out in the sticks to avoid the ridiculous weight you get if you win at the provs (if he wins)

i'm much more confident in him now after seeing that in really unfavourable ground up there
    2nd place. Good effort. Can't wait to see him on firmer ground over more distance - He will look like a different horse over the mile.

He had no luck in this race - but holy shit was he flying when he hit the line.
    If he can switch off / relax I think he can maybe even get beyond the mile.

http://mediarnsw.skyracing.com.au/Ra...01TAER01_V.mp4
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-06-2018 at 01:38 PM.

hey duns

our man is getting up over the 1500 at Port Mac this sunday

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeF...rt%20Macquarie

carrying 58.5 as a 2yo in an Open maiden ffs. as Skip said if someone can figure out the handicapping system in this state i'd love to hear it

up against some real walkers as well, if we can get him to jump we're right in this

hey duns

our man is getting up over the 1500 at Port Mac this sunday

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeF...rt%20Macquarie

carrying 58.5 as a 2yo in an Open maiden ffs. as Skip said if someone can figure out the handicapping system in this state i'd love to hear it

up against some real walkers as well, if we can get him to jump we're right in this
    I thought he did ok given the circumstances.

Slow track, no early pace on in the race and an absolutely woeful ride from the jockey.

Unsuitably run race but the jockey needed to have him closer to be any chance of winning.

From where the jockey had him situated he'd have needed to be a superstar to have won especially with that bullshit amount of weight on him.

wasn't great, wouldn't mind seeing him over the same distance again before i really pass judgement.

a muddling affair all round.

hopefully we get a bit of weight off next start as well.

I was a bit bored so I decided to enter Skip and Q's horse into the Thoroughbred Database. For some reason he wasn't listed yet.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/saganaki3

I came up with a Dosage index of 3 and a Centre of Distribution of 0.75.

In plain english this means Saganaki has three times as much speed as he does stamina in his pedigree.
    His Centre of Distribution suggests he's going to be at his best between 1500-1900m once mature.

However such measurements are not conclusive.

Le Romain as an example has a DI of 2.27 and a CD of 0.56 suggesting he's less brilliant in shorter distances and good for 1900-2000m races.
    Winx has a DI of 3.8 and a CD of 1.08 meaning she's got more speed but less stamina than both Le Romain and Saganaki.

Ideally, training comes into it as does the horses ability to endure the training. Black Caviar as an example could have won a Cox Plate if they set her for it based on breeding and 600m sectionals.

Winx on the other hand would probably have more chance winning the Everest than she would a Melbourne Cup.

Redzel who did win the Everest has a DI of 1.0 and a CD of Zero. Meaning his breeding suggests he's more than capable of running out 2400m - so a Cox Plate would not be out of the question either.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 15-08-2018 at 01:06 PM.

I was a bit bored so I decided to enter Skip and Q's horse into the Thoroughbred Database. For some reason he wasn't listed yet.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/saganaki3

I came up with a Dosage index of 3 and a Centre of Distribution of 0.75.

In plain english this means Saganaki has three times as much speed as he does stamina in his pedigree.
    His Centre of Distribution suggests he's going to be at his best between 1500-1900m once mature.

However such measurements are not conclusive.

Le Romain as an example has a DI of 2.27 and a CD of 0.56 suggesting he's less brilliant in shorter distances and good for 1900-2000m races.
    Winx has a DI of 3.8 and a CD of 1.08 meaning she's got more speed but less stamina than both Le Romain and Saganaki.

Ideally, training comes into it as does the horses ability to endure the training. Black Caviar as an example could have won a Cox Plate if they set her for it based on breeding and 600m sectionals.

Winx on the other hand would probably have more chance winning the Everest than she would a Melbourne Cup.

Redzel who did win the Everest has a DI of 1.0 and a CD of Zero. Meaning his breeding suggests he's more than capable of running out 2400m - so a Cox Plate would not be out of the question either.
    ah that's awesome thanks mate

i read somewhere about a guy who is big on dosage for Derbies - has an amazing strikerate, 80% or something outrageous for kentucky, japan, australia etc

will go have a dive through it

also pretty stoked that the blue boys are running Kementari up against Winx this weekend, will be an absolute ripper if they both go to war

have to declare my love for Comin Through again, mick walker doesn’t leave much out there god bless him

You know spring is coming because Tom Melbourne finished 2nd on Saturday.

Let's goooooooooooooooooo

you going to anything this year plagueos?