Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1128

Thread: General Horse Racing Thread

What are peoples thoughts on all the bullshit commentary from animal lib types about Chautauqua.

For those that don't know horses are a flight animal which essentially means when they sense danger or are spooked they run. The opening of the gates / barrier is something that will activate this behaviour.

The fact that Chautauqua is actually staying in the gates suggest that he doesn't feel threatened or in danger and as such he's staying put.
    These dickheads who are coming out saying he has a problem are absolutely clueless when once he does leave the barrier and wants to run he can pretty much chase down the majority of horses even after giving them several seconds start.

The solution for Chautauqua is easy - scare the shit out of him in the barrier so he once again associates being in the barriers as a bad situation he needs to escape from fast and the problem will be solved. I see no evidence to suggest he's not interested in racing / running.

I love horses but they are as dumb as a box of rocks and the shit you hear from a lot of commentators and even trainers about them is little more than marketing hype.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-09-2018 at 02:56 AM.

buddha and I hitting the Epsom this weekend, any of you degens making your way down?

plague?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    buddha and I hitting the Epsom this weekend, any of you degens making your way down?

plague?
    Doing Everest.
    Hate Sydney race days, but it's been a minute, maybe things have improved.

you can get US Navy Flag about 20/1(w) and 5/1(p) at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Doing Everest.
    Hate Sydney race days, but it's been a minute, maybe things have improved.
    lol if you hate sydney race days, you'll hate the everest even more

lol if you hate sydney race days, you'll hate the everest even more
    I go to Jets games mate, I'm well versed in hate.

Yeah look to be fair Sydney in general is just an utter shithole so nowhere in that postcode will make me happy.

But I'm on a plane pretty much straight after for a week on the Gold Coast so the pain will quickly wash off.

too good hartnell + h bowman, all the other jocks were wasted biscuits and the H man wins it with a sit and steer job without having to waste down to an unrideable weight

also makes me sick that i tipped up jungle cat and hartnell across the last two weeks...and had the sum total of about $10 on both of them ffs

then went to have 20 the place on tosen basil to place and miss the jump #thegreatgame

Sportsbet is offering $26 for Tom Melbourne to win ANY group 1 this spring in Sydney or Melb.

Am expecting certain foz regulars to fall for this.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Enable just clinging on to win the Arc, some run from Sea of Class to just miss

Wish everyone could just drop the stupid dick measuring contest, both are freak horses, Winx ran the hands off the clock on Saturday and Enable is only going to get better as she matures.

Q-man do you think they'll run Avilius in the Cox Plate (as rumoured) and fo you think it can give Winx a run?

Sense says no, but geez I like the balls on James Cummings if he tries.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Q-man do you think they'll run Avilius in the Cox Plate (as rumoured) and fo you think it can give Winx a run?

Sense says no, but geez I like the balls on James Cummings if he tries.
    Avilius has been taken out of the Caulfield Cup and is being entered into the Cox Plate instead as prep for the Melbourne Cup.

https://www.racing.com/news/2018-10-...-caulfield-cup

Absolutely no chance of beating Winx - just in it to get the horse fit and avoid any weight penalties that would come with a victory in the Caulfield Cup.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-10-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Avilius has been taken out of the Caulfield Cup and is being entered into the Cox Plate instead as prep for the Melbourne Cup.

https://www.racing.com/news/2018-10-...-caulfield-cup

Absolutely no chance of beating Winx - just in it to get the horse fit and avoid any weight penalties that would come with a victory in the Caulfield Cup.
    Didnt Gai Waterhouse use the same strategy with Fiorente a few years back?

I remember putting my it on my list of 10,000 reasons why I hate Gai Waterhouse.

Avilius is a pretty decent nag, supremely well trained as well, watch what happens whenever Glyn drops his hands on it near the line lol...it just stops. will make a pony club girl very happy one day

i don't reckon it is much of a chance in the cup but i deadset have no idea about stayers anymore. could do worse than just bracket every williams runner and have a few bob on the long shots

also saw a ripper tweet re what g.pollett said on this week's rant re glyn's ride v bowman's ride

Pollett on the Rant: Bowman costs punters millions of dollars (Ranier) and Glyn (Avilius) saves people millions of dollars and one person gets off and the other gets 11 meetings, it's wrong." ��

had a rough day yesterday but gee whiz some eyecatchers

benbatl serious horse, sat on a high speed and just hammered away on the turn, brilliant run

autumn sun wow, huge engine and just rolls through the gears - a special horse

wouldn't kill them to put some pace on in the everest - redzel never challenged and just rolled on. nobody wanted to have a crack, again

$8 an absolute gift - wish i didn't grey myself up looking everywhere else but the obvious...on pace, snitzel, wet track....Redzel/TA the most clear cut exacta of the day, that's puntin' though

Damien Oliver has said that ACE HIGH is lazy. You can't get a better endorsement for a Caulfield Cup.
    In saying that The Cliffsofmoher and Best Solution look top class and are carrying no weight considering their overseas form.

what do you reckon of the jockey change Dunster? play a factor for you?

what do you reckon of the jockey change Dunster? play a factor for you?
    Not really. My biggest issue with the Caulfield Cup is that far too many milers get good results in it if drawn well. Which makes it a very difficult race to pick if you only look at 2400m form.

I'll probably follow the money and go with the best backed horse on the day.

Best Solution not penalised for Melbourne Cup. Keeps 57.5kg. Interesting decision.

Also, Dato Tan Chin Nam has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Best Solution not penalised for Melbourne Cup. Keeps 57.5kg. Interesting decision.

Also, Dato Tan Chin Nam has passed.
    They probably wouldn't run him if he copped the extra weight. With 57.5kg I don't think he will have much trouble winning the cup.

So filthy I'm not at Mooney Valley today.