Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: General Horse Racing Thread

track is awful, what's doing with the rail. it's shocking

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    winx on the drift, out to 2.30
    If the owners and trainer don't think she will win they will scratch her. I'd be getting on at that price.

Yankee rose will clean up next week.

Well there goes everyone's multi.

Hopefully this ends the comparisons with Sunline. Winx is far and away a better galloper than Sunline ever was.

winx and chatz with two of the most stirring runs you'll ever see in G1 racing. lost a bit but whatever, scenes

winx and chatz with two of the most stirring runs you'll ever see in G1 racing. lost a bit but whatever, scenes
    There are just some ****ing amazing horses going around at the moment.

How good were they.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    There are just some ****ing amazing horses going around at the moment.

How good were they.
    Found myself giving them a standing ovation at home by myself.

I was at work so missed the race but the boys showed s a replay at the pub.
    Even though they told me it won.
    Even though they told me how it won, I still didn't believe Chataqua won until it hit the line.
    I was lucky enough to be at Mooney Valley when Adelaide rounded them up and won the Cox plate and thought it was the best thing ever (esp getting 33/1 on the quinella) Yet a replay on a phone at a pub was almost as good.

Amazing.

pub went off, only a couple of blokes were on chautauqua but everyone just got around him, winx had the whole place absolutely ripping the roof off. 2.30 was criminal on SB!

Yeah it almost made me want to go to Sydney next year for one of these championships days.

I said almost.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Interested to see how el divino runs today, full brother to Winx and won by 5 lengths on debut.
    Ran well for dead heat 1st.

I cleaned up on Clearly Innocent. Paying evens early in the week, stone bruise and inside barrier blew it out to $6 and it stormed home! Good local (Scone) horse and trainer too.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Ran well for dead heat 1st.

I cleaned up on Clearly Innocent. Paying evens early in the week, stone bruise and inside barrier blew it out to $6 and it stormed home! Good local (Scone) horse and trainer too.
    yeah i got on at 6s too, that was about the only win bar winx out of that lane iirc

yeah i got on at 6s too, that was about the only win bar winx out of that lane iirc
    Two horses far superior than the other horses in their races!
    It shows that when they are just better, those things are much more insignificant.

and like clockwork Sydney journos are having a whinge about crowd numbers at big Sydney meetings.

I'd like to see Winx "introduced to this bloke".

how'd you go yesterday?

had lucia valentina and the united states as the first 2 in a first 4, but preferment and criterion nowhere to be seen. my man japonisme getting it done at 3.50 was nice. poor old ghisoni, if you were on her you will be having deadset nightmares for weeks.

some run from LV in the QE, not a bad day of for kris lees, picking up the provincial champs and the richest prize at the championships

how'd you go yesterday?

had lucia valentina and the united states as the first 2 in a first 4, but preferment and criterion nowhere to be seen. my man japonisme getting it done at 3.50 was nice. poor old ghisoni, if you were on her you will be having deadset nightmares for weeks.

some run from LV in the QE, not a bad day of for kris lees, picking up the provincial champs and the richest prize at the championships
    Not a great day for me... didn't have many bets though and was going for the roughy Its Somewhat in the QE.
    One of my favourites Libran nearly got there even though i thought he might have been a bit out classed this week.

But after the last two weeks ive had i was due a bit of a bad one!

how'd you go yesterday?

At the HK 7's so didn't get around to trying to punt.... Watched the replays but, **** ghisoni never got out of 3rd gear.

Never really rated LV very inconsistent but that was some run, loves a bit of wet.

Off to happy valley on Wednesday will probably just back moerira start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    At the HK 7's so didn't get around to trying to punt....

Off to happy valley on Wednesday will probably just back moerira start to finish.
    We are currently planning our 2017 punters club trip there.
    I'll need a full debrief upon your return.

Ta.