Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Every club in NBN and Newfm would love to hold the GF and to this day, the ones that used to be at Lakes were by far the best, YES BETTER THEN MAGICS !!! We cant always be MAGIC, but every club has volunteers that work their guts out, not just Magic, to say there is no money made from GF day is ludicrous, but its a dead in the water argument, every club know it except Magic apparently.

Lakes have more inside parking then magic, Weston have a real football in the park sunday afternoon feel about it, Olympic are central and in walking distance to Beaumont street and restuarants, Edgy have a bowling club next door, Valo have ocean views from the grandstand and a club next door, southy have uuummm uuuummm ummmmm, help me FR ... Adamstown, Westy ....... who cares how good Magic are or how hard they work because they are not the only ones.... spread the GFs around, we play in Newcastle NSW FFS, not premier league England !!!!!

Big call from someone who plays in zpl3,

Quote Originally Posted by the_fozz View Post
    Piggot to Charlestown next year...
    Yes I heard same but I must stress mine was only rumour. I also heard (rumour again) that 3-4 players may follow him next season.

Not good for Southy ForeverRed if true.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Yes I heard same but I must stress mine was only rumour. I also heard (rumour again) that 3-4 players may follow him next season.

Not good for Southy ForeverRed if true.
    Would incur to many points i would think.

That being the case i wouldnt be surprised to see Lindsay Tapp follow piggo to Charlestown as his assistant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Every club in NBN and Newfm would love to hold the GF and to this day, the ones that used to be at Lakes were by far the best, YES BETTER THEN MAGICS !!! We cant always be MAGIC, but every club has volunteers that work their guts out, not just Magic, to say there is no money made from GF day is ludicrous, but its a dead in the water argument, every club know it except Magic apparently.

Lakes have more inside parking then magic, Weston have a real football in the park sunday afternoon feel about it, Olympic are central and in walking distance to Beaumont street and restuarants, Edgy have a bowling club next door, Valo have ocean views from the grandstand and a club next door, southy have uuummm uuuummm ummmmm, help me FR ... Adamstown, Westy ....... who cares how good Magic are or how hard they work because they are not the only ones.... spread the GFs around, we play in Newcastle NSW FFS, not premier league England !!!!!
    As for your point about Lakes have more inside parking. The reason they have this is they have nothing there other than a termite riddled grandstand in need of demolition. Lakes have been a joke of a club for the last 20 years other than the occasional year they have bought a team. The rest of the time they have been bottom end getting shit crowds and having shitty junior side. Also we don't need cars in the ground at the GF we need spectators. Magics capacity is more than big enough with no cars on site.

The gripes on here about Central Coast Phoenix are justified but Lakes seem to escape the wrath for their shortcomings. (Probably cause no one cares enough to hate them)

As for your points about the other clubs

Azzurri - Too small no parking for 3-5k
    Southy - Not in a 2 sided chicken coop
    Olympic- Unless you let the crowds out on the other field where is 4k gonna fit in there??400 people there and it appears packed
    Weston have done **** all to their facility in 20 years. The reason you feel it has a Sunday arvo feel about it is Kurri is stuck in a time warp period
    Edgy- Have some stands for seating but they also have a 3 sided ground. WTF??
    Valo - You have too be ****ing kidding me. There ground is that shit they shouldn't be playing in the comp
    Westy - What facilities are there??
    Adamstown Another ground stuck in a time warp with piss poor management with the junior base and history they have that they can't get and stay in NBN level

End of day the GF is at the best venue if it is at Wanderers. Also when you walk into Wanderers Oval you actually field you are at a football ground

The rest of the clubs and their supporters should spend less time on here bitching about it here and go fix their clubs and grounds up so they can have decent facilities. As I have said before most of these grounds have barely changed in the last 20 years other than getting more wood rot from the termites

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Immersion,
    When has anybody said that magic dont make money on grandfinal day ?
    what they make is benifet for the work they put in the facility throughout the years.
    Now edgy have it how many whinges will there be next about them..

And please dont come back with a comment like, its because they host all these granfinals thats
    why they have the best faciltys,
    mate they had a good setup way before hosting the grandfinals.

and yes i played for edgy when EDGY held the grandfinals years ago and also when magic hosted the first couple of grandfinals.
    as a player on big days like that i have to take my hat off to magic , they are blessed with the facilty,location,catering ground management etc. the best by FAR
    +1.

Forever red, has southy changed the date of your rescheduled match with the jets. I thought it was this thurs

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Forever red, has southy changed the date of your rescheduled match with the jets. I thought it was this thurs
    This is laughable, nnswf have changed the fixture to Thursday 25 because the jets coaching staff are on holidays, good on nnswf for supporting local football, absolute disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    This is laughable, nnswf have changed the fixture to Thursday 25 because the jets coaching staff are on holidays, good on nnswf for supporting local football, absolute disgrace
    This is a joke. NNSW need to have a good look at themselves.

Also are the Jets youth apart of this points system that will be coming in? Surely with the amount of player turn over they will struggling to keep fielding a team within the points system.

Could we be lucky enough for Tinks to send them on a open ended holiday ?.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    This is a joke. NNSW need to have a good look at themselves.

Also are the Jets youth apart of this points system that will be coming in? Surely with the amount of player turn over they will struggling to keep fielding a team within the points system.
    Doesn't apply

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Could we be lucky enough for Tinks to send them on a open ended holiday ?.
    Lol except he wouldnt pay. The amount of money that man owes is beyond belief.

Doesn't apply
    Of course it doesnt. I think there should be a coup league started on its own. Get away from Northern all together. They do nothing for the league anyways.

Maybe the member has taken kale on holiday through the streets of Kotara and maybe a day trip to south to visit sanchow

So Kale and his new Member on there honeymoon.

their

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Of course it doesnt. I think there should be a coup league started on its own. Get away from Northern all together. They do nothing for the league anyways.
    Of course they don't, but ask HCCF and the other rebel leagues how easy it is to survive away from FFA and their umbrella organisations.

Imagine if Lambton were to go rogue (not that they would), but I doubt NNSWF would allow the Juniors to still participate in the Interdistrict competitions and SSF. So there goes approx 18 competition teams alone from Lambton alone (u/12s up). So at an average of 15 teams from each club bar Jets, you're looking at approx 120 leagueless teams. Sure, the A-graders will be fine with most A grades from each age group going rogue, but how about the kids in the 13/F? They wouldn't want to get their arse kicked each week, so they would leave the club for a NNSWF club where they can play to their standard. This would mean less money for each club to develop their juniors, resulting in a lesser competition.

Plus where would they get their referees from? I doubt many referees would join an organisation where they are at their highest rank already, when if they stay in NNSWF, they may some day be appointed to higher games (A-League etc).

So you aren't just talking about moving the NBN teams out of NNSWF, you're talking about moving their Junior clubs too, and trying to organise those matches as well. Who would do that? From what I've seen, most NBN teams just care about themselves, no thought is given to the juniors. Plus I doubt NNSWF would look kindly on any club that did do such a thing.

I really hope you weren't being seriously.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Can assure you Lakes aren't in financial troubles, players were simply told to perform or they wouldn't be getting paid is what iv'e heard. Thus the recent improvement in results this must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post
    players were simply told to perform or they wouldn't be getting paid is what iv'e heard.
    except, you know, that's kind of illegal.

Laws and all that.

some games scheduled midweek have been called out already, surely there hasn't been that much rain, Charlestown have even canceled games for thursday, crazy, it could be sunny for the next 2 days, clubs need to start playing otherwise who knows what could happen, no point having a prestine pitch if you don't play on it, c'mon, get the footy going

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    except, you know, that's kind of illegal.

Laws and all that.
    How is it illegal? No player in the comp is on a contract.