Azzuri
    Lakes
    Southy
    Edgy
    Jaffas
    Valo
    Southy 7th...big call
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Interested to see why people are predicting Valentine last.
    They finished 3rd last this year.
    I know lakes are trying to recruit hard but not sure if they have signed any one of note, and they finished above lakes this year?

A Newfm team in Jaffas coming up into NBN, thought they would find it hard to stay up?
    Although in saying that when Azzuri came up they finished i the top 4, but obviously they recruited some new quality players to that squad.

Hard not to pick magic with the squad they had this year, then adding the players they have, Alex Kantarovski, Mooney, Brady Parker etc..
    They will have depth plus 5 top class strikers in Haynesy, Tippet, Hakan, Parker, Berlin (not sure if they will all stay happy)

Olympic were a very lucky side this year and played the most unattractive fotball in my opinion with the long ball, Hodgo pushing 35, I heard Maj is gone, Austin retiring. I think they will befighting to stayy in top 4

Azzuri should go really wel andwere unlucky this year

Jets youth quality.

Should be a great year and hard to pick

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    So far these are my predictions for next year,
    MAGIC
    JETS
    EDGY
    OLYMPIC
    SOUTHY
    AZZURRI
    WESTON
    JAFFAS
    LAKES
    VALO
    1-Magic
    2-Azzuri
    3-Jets
    4-Jaffas
    5-Edgy
    6-Olympic
    7-Southy
    8-Weston
    9-Lakes
    10-Valentine

Jets
    Magic
    Charlestown
    Southy
    Edgy
    Olympic
    Weston
    Jaffas
    Phoenix
    Lakes

Brad Waters to South Cardiff

Olympic were a very lucky side this year and played the most unattractive fotball in my opinion with the long ball, Hodgo pushing 35, I heard Maj is gone, Austin retiring. I think they will befighting to stayy in top 4
    Above was posted by old wise man

i cant believe that no one has Olympic on top of there listings, Kyle hodges slots in for Austin and getting the 2 swans boys back is a major boost, i cant see any one getting close to em

Olympic
    jets
    Magic
    Southy
    Edgy
    Azzurri
    Weston
    Lakes
    Jaffas
    Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Above was posted by old wise man

i cant believe that no one has Olympic on top of there listings, Kyle hodges slots in for Austin and getting the 2 swans boys back is a major boost, i cant see any one getting close to em

Olympic
    jets
    Magic
    Southy
    Edgy
    Azzurri
    Weston
    Lakes
    Jaffas
    Valentine
    When it is put like that it sounds like a easy switch.
    Far from it though. Matt Austin has not only played in the centre of defence for Olympic, but he has also captained, organised and structured their defence for the last 10 or more years!
    Kyle is a great player, but wont give Olympic what Austin gave them, and what they will miss and need.

Also im not sure if you watched may of Olympics games, but even their players have said how much they hated the way they played this year with the long ball and that they were very lucky to get the results they did. I guess the GF showed that.
    Add to this they lost their best defender, and from what we hear their best striker in Maj, combined with the luck of the season from the long ball game, I cant see them getting anywhere near the results they achieved this year.

With Magic, they will be only stronger adding a striker in Parker, adding Alex Kantarovski, and Michael Kantarovski and possibly Andrew Hoole when the Jets youth season concludes, I cant see them being any weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wise Man View Post
    With Magic, they will be only stronger adding a striker in Parker, adding Alex Kantarovski, and Michael Kantarovski and possibly Andrew Hoole when the Jets youth season concludes, I cant see them being any weaker.
    surely young Kanta and Hooley will be playing for jets yoof in the state league

If the Olympic players were upset with the way the team played why did they persist with the long ball! Their the ones with the control on what goes on on the pitch

Everyone loves watching the passing game but if your team is best at the long and get results such as last season doing it then why not play it? At the end of the day winning the State League is what every club want to each year so do what works and is best for your side of players.

I hate watching the long ball but you have to play to your strengths.
    Last edited by Zico; 18-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    If the Olympic players were upset with the way the team played why did they persist with the long ball! Their the ones with the control on what goes on on the pitch
    Really????
    Last time I played (which was a long time ago!!) , the coach controlled what formation and what tactics you played, and if you didt follow them you got a blasting!?

Maybe times have changed and they are taught toforget exactly what the coach says and go out and do the oppossite!

Unfortunately i heard directly from a player that this was the tactics directed to the players.

Also Olympic playing to their strnegths? I dont know if i wuld be playing long balls with the blistering pace of Hodgo and Maj up front, who are both excellent passes of the ball.

They just got lucky this year, andit showed in the GF when they played the long ball against a direct passing magic team.

If they play long ball tactics this year and finish first again, I will run around the field at the grand final naked! (well maybe walk, dont think i could run the full lap without being subbed off!)
    Last edited by Old Wise Man; 18-11-2012 at 12:11 PM.

there are more than 2 players in the side!. Olympic has some speed as well in Poole (7 goals) and Koiner (12 goals) , Thats about half there sides goals . Maj does his job well in poaching in side the 6 yard box and from what games i did see this season Hodgo set him up 50% of the time.To me Thats a coach using what he has in the side to get the best result he can.With Olympic keeping 95% of last seasons side i don't think the players aren't to unhappy playing the way they are coached!! .lets not forget the player's who they have recruited next season are players that have played under Bolchy before so there must be some respect for what the coach can do.A UGLY WIN IS BETTER THAN A PRETTY LOSS ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    there are more than 2 players in the side!. Olympic has some speed as well in Poole (7 goals) and Koiner (12 goals) , Thats about half there sides goals . Maj does his job well in poaching in side the 6 yard box and from what games i did see this season Hodgo set him up 50% of the time.To me Thats a coach using what he has in the side to get the best result he can.With Olympic keeping 95% of last seasons side i don't think the players aren't to unhappy playing the way they are coached!! .lets not forget the player's who they have recruited next season are players that have played under Bolchy before so there must be some respect for what the coach can do.A UGLY WIN IS BETTER THAN A PRETTY LOSS ...
    Obviously you are a player or a very avid supporter knowing the goals, and hodgo set up maj 50% of the time.
    Im not meaning to upset anyone, I like Olympic and I hope they can do well, all my post was saying is that they will miss Austin, AND that I would like to see them not play the long ball next year, as I believe they will have more chance of finishing higher up the table.

There is no doubting they are a quality side filled with quality players. Just hope we see some quality football this year.

I know a club would rather take an ugly win then a pretty loss, but as a paying supporter I would like to see a quality game of football rather then an ugly game of kick and chase. No matter who the winner is.

Just my opinion, not saying its the right one.

what... Bolchy teams playin the long ball...noooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    what... Bolchy teams playin the long ball...noooooooooo
    LOL

Cant believe some of te dribble some of you go on with on here.Do some of you understand how clubs are run?These clubs whether it be magic,olympic,edgy or whoever pay their coach and players to get RESULTS.At the end of the day this is the deciding factor on many coaches and players being offered another contract.Being an olympic supporter i am not a huge fan of the direct football played this season,but it did work for them and although they did get well beaten in the grand final,they won our clubs first minor premiership.Whether you agree with bolchys coaching style or not,the job was done this year.The best team during the season wins the minor.I watched most games this season and while their football was direct at times,they still played some nice football,just ask anyone who witnessed them beat magic 5-0.So from coming second last in 2011 playing some really good football to winning the minor prem playing "long ball" i am sure i know which season the committee would be happy with.And as for the comment about the players go on the field and control what they do in a game,come on.Its state league,the coaches job is to come up with formations,game plans and strategies and its up to the players to implement them.Just ask GVE after the weekend

Banned
    Anyone in the loop enough to know when the fixtures come out for this comp???