Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

I don't think anyone is talking it down, if anything we are tryin to stay grounded rather than bagging
    We are saying the young guys Jo havnt been able to cement a spot are "unproven" first graders IN NBN!
    Tom smart couldn't cement a spot, Ambroghetti couldn't cement a spot.
    If you compare the other 4 top 5 teams and even sth Cardiff, Charlestown and lakes, we have far less players who are cemented or proven 1st grade nbn players.
    As I said some of these guys may have played nbn 1st grade time to time but never been a first team regular.
    Nobody is talking it down! In fact these guys are guys who should be credited with playing this level and proving themselves.
    However the Herald did know our squad and picked us to come 9th for a reason! The names in our squad!
    We were underdogs all year. After our first loss to Valentine everyone was saying a long year for the Jaffas. Never heard any of you guys standing up and saying hang in a minute! They have the highest paid squad, they have a gun team! They are not under dogs they are favorites!
    And I'm sure you still wouldn't if we were second last.

However I am glad that now after our performance everyone is putting us up here with Olympic and magic rather than down there with valentine like they all were at the start of the season!

Not sure why we went from everyone picking us to be second last at the start of the season to everyone now saying you guys were never under dogs!
    If you go back to the start of this thread u won't find one person that had us picked for top 5.
    I mean we wouldn't expect you to say you had a great season Jaffas above expectation well done.
    Last edited by Jaf Jaf; 15-08-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    I don't think anyone is talking it down, if anything we are tryin to stay grounded rather than bagging
    We are saying the young guys Jo havnt been able to cement a spot are "unproven" first graders IN NBN!
    Tom smart couldn't cement a spot, Ambroghetti couldn't cement a spot.
    If you compare the other 4 top 5 teams and even sth Cardiff, Charlestown and lakes, we have far less players who are cemented or proven 1st grade nbn players.
    As I said some of these guys may have played nbn 1st grade time to time but never been a first team regular.
    Nobody is talking it down! In fact these guys are guys who should be credited with playing this level and proving themselves.
    However the Herald did know our squad and picked us to come 9th for a reason! The names in our squad!
    We were underdogs all year. After our first loss to Valentine everyone was saying a long year for the Jaffas. Never heard any of you guys standing up and saying hang in a minute! They have the highest paid squad, they have a gun team! They are not under dogs they are favorites!

However I am glad that now after our performance everyone is putting us up here with Olympic and magic rather than down there with valentine like they all were at the start of the season!

Not sure why we went from everyone picking us to be second last at the start of the season to everyone now saying you guys were never under dogs!
    If you go back to the start of this thread u won't find one person that had us picked for top 5.
    I mean we wouldn't expect you to say you had a great season Jaffas above expectation well done.
    Fair point.
    If nobody predicts you to finish in top half of table and you finish 2nd I would call that an underdog?
    Not sure how you could argue with that.

However now based on the season Jafas have had they would now not be underdogs and have to be considered contenders.

Never heard any of you guys standing up and saying hang in a minute! They have the highest paid squad, they have a gun team! They are not under dogs they are favorites!

Fair points tbh. QPR had some of the highest paid players, such as Julio Cesar, and they still got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by dicanio View Post
    Fair point.
    If nobody predicts you to finish in top half of table and you finish 2nd I would call that an underdog?
    Not sure how you could argue with that.

However now based on the season Jafas have had they would now not be underdogs and have to be considered contenders.
    I would call it over performing, which goes back to FM's point that we weren't.

At the end of the day:
    Jaffas were underdogs at the start of the season, no arguments, they were. Newly promoted. As will Rosebuds compared to the rest of the league, bar maybe Lakes, dependant on how they recruit.
    Have they over performed in comparison to people's expectations? Coming 2nd when tipped 9th? Yep.
    Are they now underdogs? Depends on the game. Against Magic? I reckon they are. Against Valentine? Maybe not.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 16-08-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Who cares who they have got playing for them, credit to them for running second, if they want to be underdogs, be it, if they want to be favourites, be it, who really cares, good luck to all five teams in the running, next year its azzurris turn

5. Adrian Perisic ( a reserve grade player at Lakes as stated by Chris Turner)
    Threading a long bow with this one pal. He started pretty much every game in first grade in 2011 and 2012.

Weston won 7-6 on pens

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Weston won 7-6 on pens
    no mention of the red card and the coach being punted?

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    More information???

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Just saw Dodds miss on nbn news. How do you miss that.3 yards out with an open goal and stands on the ball. Which coach got punted,they have 6 of them

Edgy will have something to complain about, they always do

woodsy with a stupid red card for throwing a ball at a player, when edgy were 1-0 up and cruising. seemed like weston player might have given woodsy a nudge with his foot when he was on the ground and woodsy got up and reacted to it, had to go. weston then came back into the game, although palozzi looked a threat throughout the match. wilson (i think) got sent to the stands at full time after saying something to ref. edgy probably better team, weston had some good chances though. weston equaliser a bomb. edgys keeper should have saved at least 1 of the penalties that he let in, probably 2. shoutout to edgys 6th penalty taker pinging his top corner! thats all i can think off to share!

HTML Code:
    "Pratty is Pratty and he got involved in a few mind games at one stage with one of them, and as a keeper you’re always looking to unsettle penalty takers.’"
    from the herald weston's coach.

If he is referring to edgeworths second penalty pratty was trying to put the guy off. But the player just pushed him out of the way, and slotted the penalty. Mind game didn't work IMO.

Just on that why wasn't that player sent off as well? He struck another player similar to woods throwing the ball at the weston players. Surely if things were to be consistent the penalty taker should have been sent? Pretty woeful game by the referee IMO.

Good game overall in tough conditions the was really blowing in regulation time especially. Weston very lucky winners.

Scores from today?

Jaffas up 4-2 over Olympic in penalties after a 1 all draw after 120 mins. Jobe Wheelhouse got sent after about 75 minutes

Jaffas got to take their first penalty 3 times because twice Swancott moved off his line before the Jaffas player had kicked it and saved the pen. Both correct calls by the assistant. Ireland saved the crucial penalty to send the Jaffas to Wanderers next week.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Jaffas up 4-2 over Olympic in penalties after a 1 all draw after 120 mins. Jobe Wheelhouse got sent after about 75 minutes

Jaffas got to take their first penalty 3 times because twice Swancott moved off his line before the Jaffas player had kicked it and saved the pen. Both correct calls by the assistant. Ireland saved the crucial penalty to send the Jaffas to Wanderers next week.
    Thought Jobe was hard done by as was Swancott on the 2nd retake...officials still believing people show up to watch them.Good atmosphere at edden.Next week will be interesting. p.s $5 for a can is robbery
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Thought Jobe was hard done by as was Swancott on the 2nd retake...officials still believing people show up to watch them.Good atmosphere at edden.Next week will be interesting. p.s $5 for a can is robbery
    Your kidding, $5 bucks for a can, lousy sods, I hope they got plenty of complaints

So does that mean Jobe out for GF if Jafs qualify next week. 2nd red for season, 2 games rest.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I was videoing the pens and Swancott was a foot off his line for most of the Lambton pens. Only reason the ref didn't call it was because he saved those two (good saves too btw).
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    So does that mean Jobe out for GF if Jafs qualify next week. 2nd red for season, 2 games rest.
    After the Jaffas performance today I can't see them making the grand final.
    Can only recall 1 or 2 shots and were outplayed for majority of the game.
    Olympic need to start killing the game off by taking there chances

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Surely they will appeal due to his good record.