Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Pheonix can have him, he's shit.

I heard Magic vs Southy are playing tonight,
    Can someone confirm, also with time and venue.

I think Glendale at 6:00pm... Might or not be the athletics field, are there any outer grounds by the athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Flint_tropics View Post
    Only just a rumour but have heard that phoenix have signed troy hearfeild , can any one confirm ?
    Might get to Phoenix game hit the Gypo with another pie

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    I think Glendale at 6:00pm... Might or not be the athletics field, are there any outer grounds by the athletics?
    The game is getting played on the outer field of the athletics center , not quite sure how good of a pitch it is . Pre sure southy have been training there all pre season.

It's the outer field at Glendale, it merely a joint training run organised by both coaches, the ground isn't marked but in good condition, Southy do their preseason there then move to the inner ground after day light saving finishes, one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent, players absolutely love it, the 2 senior teams train their and the15s, 17s & 19s alternate between them on a weekly basis so each grade has a turn training with the senior teams every 3rd week

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent
    Might not be worth it if the players continue to stink as much as they did today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Might not be worth it if the players continue to stink as much as they did today.
    What the

What the
    Which part are you confused about? Players = South Cardiff, stink = they were rubbish, today = at the trial game against Magic on the 6/3/13.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Which part are you confused about? Players = South Cardiff, stink = they were rubbish, today = at the trial game against Magic on the 6/3/13.
    What was the score? How did the game pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    What was the score? How did the game pan out?
    2-1 to Magic. Wasn't really a close thing though. Southy dominated for first 15mins (and scored) then it was all Magic. Southy couldnt string two passes together whilst Magic seemed to hold possession for long periods of the game. Pitch was extremely spongy/slow which didnt help either team. I understand it's just a trial, but Southy were still extremely poor. They honestly wouldnt have looked out of place in an All Age comp at times.

It's the outer field at Glendale, it merely a joint training run organised by both coaches, the ground isn't marked but in good condition, Southy do their preseason there then move to the inner ground after day light saving finishes, one of the best training set ups in newcastle, it's expensive but worth every cent, players absolutely love it, the 2 senior teams train their and the15s, 17s & 19s alternate between them on a weekly basis so each grade has a turn training with the senior teams every 3rd week
    ForeverRed if you mentioned inside glendale ahtletics track i might of agreed with you, but the outer field is absolute rubbish, quarter of that pitch last night was just like a septic pit near the preschool, and bumpy/soft and slow for the rest of it.
    The field i saw was a majority of the reason the game was scrappy, credit to magic for stringing some decent plays together at times.
    If i was a player i would be strapping my ankles everytime i went on that field...
    But in saying that, It was just a training hit out between the clubs...

Also foreverRed,
    i heard alot of swearing and backchat with no respect from southy players towards there coach (piggo) who was the ref.
    Does this happen regulary or was it just a one off. Because we could hear it from near the preschool and from what we heard if i was piggo i would rest alot of players ..

Might get to Phoenix game hit the Gypo with another pie
    Will be purchasing alot of pie's ! majority of all of the grades are gypo's. "Central coast phoenix"

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Pheonix can have him, he's shit.
    played for 3 (only 3?) a-league clubs.
    scored the only goal in a game vs celtic - who were just knocked out of the champions league by juventus.

i agree, he's shit. he will struggle big time in newcastle state league.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    played for 3 (only 3?) a-league clubs.
    scored the only goal in a game vs celtic - who were just knocked out of the champions league by juventus.

i agree, he's shit. he will struggle big time in newcastle state league.
    yeah and clayton zane scored a goal againt the reigning world champions France, and he was useless for the breakers.
    If he was so good you'd think he would be able to settle at a club wouldn't you? Not 3 clubs in the last 4-5 years.

^^^
    This

it's Newcastle state league.

it's not even Victorian or Sydney state league, let alone a national league of any description.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    it's Newcastle state league.

it's not even Victorian or Sydney state league, let alone a national league of any description.
    and your point is ????

Think he is suggesting that he will be a very effective player in this league, can't say I disagree.

Even if he scores 40 goals, surely his professional career is over.