Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Already out apparently. Will try and track down an online version.

Edit: Here you go, just click the link.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_in...cleID=21268366

Olympic Vs Lakes at No2 Sportsground....Interesting.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 20-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Banned
    Cheers for that

April 6th season start

Like the idea of the 6:30pm - 7:00 pm starts. Allows people playing/working that day to take in a game

Would like to see the NNSW make the Jets Yoof play at a set time every week to allow as many to get on down there to watch the club and support the hosting club with increased sales at canteens crowds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Everyone loves watching the passing game but if your team is best at the long and get results such as last season doing it then why not play it? At the end of the day winning the State League is what every club want to each year so do what works and is best for your side of players.

I hate watching the long ball but you have to play to your strengths.
    I do agree with your comment on doing what is best for your side to get results,
    Not sure i agree on everyone loves the passing game
    I watched the jets the other day keep the ball for 66% of the time and apart from a 3 nill loss it was also very boring how they have nothing to offer in the top 3rd so they pass the ball from sideline to sideline all day
    I also watched a few jets yth games this year and was also very bored at there style

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Already out apparently. Will try and track down an online version.

Edit: Here you go, just click the link.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_in...cleID=21268366

Olympic Vs Lakes at No2 Sportsground....Interesting.
    Round 5 of the U15 Elite comp is also at NO2 on the 6th April with Olympic the hosting club.

My predictions

Team to win: Magic

Dark Horse: Sth Cardiff

Team to be relegated: Valentine

Top 5
    Magic
    Jets yoof
    Charlestown
    Olympic
    Sth Cardiff

I for one despise teams who go out and play the long ball game. For me it lacks skill and flare, and makes the game boring, no offence but get two teams playing long ball and its no better than ping pong, and i wouldnt pay to watch that. I would much rather watch the lower rated teams, and zones, play "football". For me its not just about the title but then again i am a football fan, and Olympic may see it differently. I think it would also be fair to say that Magic, Damian and Virgilli, finally figured out the way to beat olympics style of play and didnt they crumble under the pressure. A good win for Magic and football on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    there are more than 2 players in the side!. Olympic has some speed as well in Poole (7 goals) and Koiner (12 goals) , Thats about half there sides goals . Maj does his job well in poaching in side the 6 yard box and from what games i did see this season Hodgo set him up 50% of the time.To me Thats a coach using what he has in the side to get the best result he can.With Olympic keeping 95% of last seasons side i don't think the players aren't to unhappy playing the way they are coached!! .lets not forget the player's who they have recruited next season are players that have played under Bolchy before so there must be some respect for what the coach can do.A UGLY WIN IS BETTER THAN A PRETTY LOSS ...
    Scenario... World Cup. 2 Teams. You don't have an allegiance or preference for either side to win or loss or even draw. Now do you want to see PRETTY football or UGLY football?

I know what i prefer, but to be honest i still prefer any team i go for to play good football. I think we do a fantastic job in the A-League sometimes of playing boring football, and to be honest the Jets have had some shockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Round 5 of the U15 Elite comp is also at NO2 on the 6th April with Olympic the hosting club.
    What a joke. Why are they playing on a thugby union ground and why is the federation allowing it?

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    What a joke. Why are they playing on a thugby union ground and why is the federation allowing it?
    Because it is olympic. They Dont need a good playing surface for long balls.

demon
    Olympic made it very public by announcing to The Newcastle Herald at the time the ground was being rebuilt that they were applying to use No 2 for a limited number of games where they expected increased crowd numbers. Not sure how that links in with playing Lakes lol more I think they are looking to get a toe in (so to speak) from the start and build on that year to year.

If the surface is reliable (and Union as a code will do no more damage than any other use IF the Council take care of it properly) and the facilities are good perhaps eventually we may see the opportunity a second club to have a top class facility for their games. If the chance is there good on them for being open minded.

It will be a huge fitness test for both sides so early in the season as I think they will find a deeper length of grass than their own two home grounds.

I was also surprised when I saw it was Olympic vs Lakes. I guess they don't want to giv eup their home ground advantage for the Magic game and a couple of others.
    Also heard they were looking to hold Grand Final at No2 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I was also surprised when I saw it was Olympic vs Lakes. I guess they don't want to giv eup their home ground advantage for the Magic game and a couple of others.
    Also heard they were looking to hold Grand Final at No2 this year?
    Hopefully rumours,
    I cant see it going anywhere but Wanderers.
    Its to good of a venue for spectaters and players.
    Put all the buisness of more money for magic aside, They put in the work they deserve it.
    I like to see edgy have it but Wanderers ticks more boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Hopefully rumours,
    I cant see it going anywhere but Wanderers.
    Its to good of a venue for spectaters and players.
    Put all the buisness of more money for magic aside, They put in the work they deserve it.
    I like to see edgy have it but Wanderers ticks more boxes.
    There is a push to move the game to a more neautral ground and reward all grandfinal participants with revenue from the day instead of it all going to one club.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    There is a push to move the game to a more neautral ground and reward all grandfinal participants with revenue from the day instead of it all going to one club.
    credit where credit is due, they do have the best facilities in the region and it is a great place to watch football. if the pitch standard at the gardens was better perhaps that could be used as a neutral venue considering wallsend play in Zone League One.

saying that i do totally agree that the revenue for the day shouldnt be going to one club.

Sounds like a good idea. But HOW? And why should only the GF participants benefit, why not all clubs? Will each or every club set up their own tent and benefit from their own supporters, or will one club run it and all the profits split? Hardly fair for some of our local teams to get anything from the GF kitty as they contribute very little the league by improving their facilities. Maybe it might be best if Northern run the canteens with paid employees and then distribute the profit? Would we play on a Union ground, and make no mistake i would be very surprised if the NRU, or Wanderers, allowed real football to be played on their jewel, if it meant we were in fact contributing to the profitability of other codes? Ludicrous. I would much rather see the GF stay in the NBN League. Oh yeah and what will No.2 be like after a season of union and their gf?

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    saying that i do totally agree that the revenue for the day shouldnt be going to one club.
    Totally agree, but neither should it go to any club that does nothing to improve their facilities... Hats off to Edgy for giving it a real go!

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    Olympic made it very public by announcing to The Newcastle Herald at the time the ground was being rebuilt that they were applying to use No 2 for a limited number of games where they expected increased crowd numbers. Not sure how that links in with playing Lakes lol more I think they are looking to get a toe in (so to speak) from the start and build on that year to year.

If the surface is reliable (and Union as a code will do no more damage than any other use IF the Council take care of it properly) and the facilities are good perhaps eventually we may see the opportunity a second club to have a top class facility for their games. If the chance is there good on them for being open minded.

It will be a huge fitness test for both sides so early in the season as I think they will find a deeper length of grass than their own two home grounds.
    Did they check with Northern before making it public and getting the ok, not to mention NRU, and Wanderers? It sounds like they had an idea and then pushed the agenda without confirming anything.

So they have increased crowd numbers and this is why they needed to move their game. Im really not sure what games they needed a bigger stadia for, i have not seem them play Magic there, but from the games i have seen Darling street offers plenty of room. Or are they saying that they will get more crowd moving the games to No.2 or into Newcastle? Well playing lakes they will need the room.

Surface - well well, can i just say that no matter how many groundsman they have caressing the field there is no way the pitch will be in any state to play football on for the duration of the year, and as for long grass, i dont expect to see any at various times during the season.

My suggestion to Olympic is that if they want a better facility, then i suggest they spend money on their own ground like Edgy and Magic and maybe not as much on players or wherever else they are spending their cash. The top class facility belongs to the NRU, and no matter how much we want to put our finger in the pie i cant see it happening.

Did they check with Northern before making it public and getting the ok, not to mention NRU, and Wanderers? It sounds like they had an idea and then pushed the agenda without confirming anything.

So they have increased crowd numbers and this is why they needed to move their game. Im really not sure what games they needed a bigger stadia for, i have not seem them play Magic there, but from the games i have seen Darling street offers plenty of room. Or are they saying that they will get more crowd moving the games to No.2 or into Newcastle? Well playing lakes they will need the room.

Surface - well well, can i just say that no matter how many groundsman they have caressing the field there is no way the pitch will be in any state to play football on for the duration of the year, and as for long grass, i dont expect to see any at various times during the season.

My suggestion to Olympic is that if they want a better facility, then i suggest they spend money on their own ground like Edgy and Magic and maybe not as much on players or wherever else they are spending their cash. The top class facility belongs to the NRU, and no matter how much we want to put our finger in the pie i cant see it happening.
    Im pretty sure olympics facilities are decent as is. And whats with all the hate towards olympic anyway?

Im pretty sure olympics facilities are decent as is. And whats with all the hate towards olympic anyway?
    there is not a single club in nbn league that has below par facilities (although it has been a number of years since i played at most of them so you'd think they would have improved if anything), as per the criteria for them staying in the top flight.