Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Winner1
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    Well done Belswans on a great performance on the weekend. As members have already suggested, not many teams go to Maitland and win....so credit where credit is due. I disagree with the comments regarding the referees. The 23's ref made some poor decisions and jumped on any player that even appealed for a decision. Rude to players and spoke to them like children. The first grade ref done his job well. Should have been a little stronger from the start, they should use their assistants thats correct but can overule if he thinks that it is not he right decision, after all thats why he/she is the one in the middle. Should be a cracker at Blackmsiths next week.
    Belswans supporter are we...Pretty sure you've got your refs mixed up. For starters the 23s ref basically didn't raise her voice at a player all game. One player did whinge at her constantly and she solved that with a booking. For a small female she demonstrated respect with the players and I don't know what game you were watching but when required she let them know what the foul was and to leave it at that. That's smart refereeing. As for the 1st grade ref, if you call basically being in a player's face where they are almost touching each other's nose, polite, you have no idea. Overruling on a big call is a very dangerous move and with her being right there and him too far from the play at the time, he should have shown more smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    I'm not going to apologise about making comments about crap being said about my club by rumour mongering dicks. I'm also basking in the glory of the 7 match winning streak the BelSWANS boys are on, that's all especially when it doesn't happen out here very often. Unfortunately not all supporters or clubs for that mater are as fortunate as yourself in having a club that is always successful as yours. Just leave me and my club alone, I'm over and out with you chump.
    I'll keep throwing the line if you keep taking the bait sancho_thestagwhojumpedshiptoaswansoontobeaphoenix

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I'll keep throwing the line if you keep taking the bait sancho_thestagwhojumpedshiptoaswansoontobeaphoenix
    Fair enough then Zico I get the picture. All you are is a "rumour stirring fool with nothing of any real importance to say on here". Although I don't quiet get the point of you being on this thread if all you're doing is casting bait. Maybe go back to the other thread where you can discuss something positive like "magic's solar energy innovation" which has such benefits for the environment.

Fair enough then Zico I get the picture. All you are is a "rumour stirring fool with nothing of any real importance to say on here". Although I don't quiet get the point of you being on this thread if all you're doing is casting bait. Maybe go back to the other thread where you can discuss something positive like "magic's solar energy innovation" which has such benefits for the environment.
    Shit stirring aside sancho, I have heard from several people that Phoenix were considering the possibility of a merger.

I'm asking a serious question here not shit stirring, as a club are you looking at promotion in a few years? And again I'm not having a go at you but if so why not spend the money currently being spent on players to develop your facilities to NBN standard first? It looks to me being an outsider that the cart is being put before the horse. I can also see your side of the argument that if NBN clubs use your facilities for catch up games then they could well be deamed to be of NBN standard. I'm asking this as civil question and not having a dig at you this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Shit stirring aside sancho, I have heard from several people that Phoenix were considering the possibility of a merger.

I'm asking a serious question here not shit stirring, as a club are you looking at promotion in a few years? And again I'm not having a go at you but if so why not spend the money currently being spent on players to develop your facilities to NBN standard first? It looks to me being an outsider that the cart is being put before the horse. I can also see your side of the argument that if NBN clubs use your facilities for catch up games then they could well be deamed to be of NBN standard. I'm asking this as civil question and not having a dig at you this time.
    Thank you Zico for at last being reasonable.......I'll try to answer as best I can.

1. - it takes two to tango or foxtrot for that matter. VPFC officals can bang on all they want about merger/takeover crap, but from all the committee and players from BelSWANS that I've spoken to it just ain't going to happen. At no point have BelSWANS officials ever talked to VPFC people in relation to this. Unless there is something "fowl" and dirty going on the "Phoenix" wil not be "roosting at Blacksmiths", especially when its been a "SWAN sanctuary" since 1935!

2. - As far as I'm aware there is no talk of promotion coming out of BelSWANS at this stage (but who knows). All players at BelSWANS are not on vast sums of $$$$, the attraction is bringing local guys back to play local. It could be viewed as "the cart before the horse" but, getting quality locals back to play in the area is doing a few things........ making the club more successful in terms of player numbers and ultimately results. The local boys and the results are bringing more local people back to home games which is also improving $$$ generation on match days.
    I believe the club does not think it is near NBN standard in relation to facilites but things are moving eg.... the club has spent over 20K$$$$$ on improvements to amentities/player facilities which when used by VPFC/Olympic/Magic during State Cup were very happy with the home amenities ie size, showers, carpet (Yes) etc. - (but there is still a long way to go). The club was without a bore pump all summer (replaced last month by LMCC - finally) so the playing surface will improve and there maybe grant applications in the pipeline.
    I hope this may answer some of those questions Zico.

Thank you Zico for at last being reasonable.......I'll try to answer as best I can.

1. - it takes two to tango or foxtrot for that matter. VPFC officals can bang on all they want about merger/takeover crap, but from all the committee and players from BelSWANS that I've spoken to it just ain't going to happen. At no point have BelSWANS officials ever talked to VPFC people in relation to this. Unless there is something "fowl" and dirty going on the "Phoenix" wil not be "roosting at Blacksmiths", especially when its been a "SWAN sanctuary" since 1935!

2. - As far as I'm aware there is no talk of promotion coming out of BelSWANS at this stage (but who knows). All players at BelSWANS are not on vast sums of $$$$, the attraction is bringing local guys back to play local. It could be viewed as "the cart before the horse" but, getting quality locals back to play in the area is doing a few things........ making the club more successful in terms of player numbers and ultimately results. The local boys and the results are bringing more local people back to home games which is also improving $$$ generation on match days.
    I believe the club does not think it is near NBN standard in relation to facilites but things are moving eg.... the club has spent over 20K$$$$$ on improvements to amentities/player facilities which when used by VPFC/Olympic/Magic during State Cup were very happy with the home amenities ie size, showers, carpet (Yes) etc. - (but there is still a long way to go). The club was without a bore pump all summer (replaced last month by LMCC - finally) so the playing surface will improve and there maybe grant applications in the pipeline.
    I hope this may answer some of those questions Zico.
    Cheers Sancho.

Nobody within the commitee at Adamstown has heard of a merger between Valentine and Belswans as I asked my brother this very question last night...

If your boys keep up the incredible run they are on just now then the only merger happening between these clubs will be a passing of the guard as one goes up and one goes down :-)

Can I ask ? would belswans get into the NBN with the current facilities they have ? this is not a wind up question Sancho but an honest question from someone that does not know the criteria 100% for the state league.

I enjoy your passion for your club Sancho - its loyal and vocal which I find pleasant and can sometimes be a refreshing change from some of the other stuff posted from time to time on here.

I am really looking forward to the game on Sunday as this is a HUGE game fir Adamstown and will go a long way I believe to hopefully securing our return to the state league , although it is by no means a gaurantee and I fully expect Belswans to match Adamstown and make the fight for anything they get from teh match if indeed they do get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner1 View Post
    Belswans supporter are we...Pretty sure you've got your refs mixed up. For starters the 23s ref basically didn't raise her voice at a player all game. One player did whinge at her constantly and she solved that with a booking. For a small female she demonstrated respect with the players and I don't know what game you were watching but when required she let them know what the foul was and to leave it at that. That's smart refereeing. As for the 1st grade ref, if you call basically being in a player's face where they are almost touching each other's nose, polite, you have no idea. Overruling on a big call is a very dangerous move and with her being right there and him too far from the play at the time, he should have shown more smarts.

If the ref in the 1st grade game thought that it was not a penalty he has every right to over rule it, especially as you say it was a big call, some refs may have not trusted their judgement in this case. I also said that the 23's ref was rude to players, I dont remember her shouting and that she talked to them as if they were children (and yes most of this rudeness was directed to the Belswans players) just my opinion. I think thats the refs should learn to talk to player and explain their decisions as shutting down players utlimately gets them even more frustrated...

Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    If the ref in the 1st grade game thought that it was not a penalty he has every right to over rule it, especially as you say it was a big call, some refs may have not trusted their judgement in this case. I also said that the 23's ref was rude to players, I dont remember her shouting and that she talked to them as if they were children (and yes most of this rudeness was directed to the Belswans players) just my opinion. I think thats the refs should learn to talk to player and explain their decisions as shutting down players utlimately gets them even more frustrated...
    Even some of the linesmen think they need to talk down to you, is this how they train them now days

A few getting around have the little man syndrome at the moment and take it personally even when they are politely questioned.
    Andrew Digby would have to be one of the best refs I've seen getting around at the moment, the young lady that has been spoke about (and got me banned) is also quiet a good ref. Hope this isn't sexist Gary Fish

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    A few getting around have the little man syndrome at the moment and take it personally even when they are politely questioned.
    Andrew Digby would have to be one of the best refs I've seen getting around at the moment, the young lady that has been spoke about (and got me banned) is also quiet a good ref. Hope this isn't sexist Gary Fish
    Digger has long been one of the best refs in newy .......... as im sure the young female is too

not at all.
    and she didnt get you banned.
    you got yourself banned.

welcome back. behave and you can stay.

Looks like you have hacked this thread Diggers.FYI Mr Digby rarely gets down to NEW FM level any more.Usually just does one NBN first grade game each weekend and has to be shown which end of a flag to hold.

Looks like as long balls said...... Sunday should be a cracker at Blacksmiths. Game will definitely be on. ...... see ya's all there!

The young lady ref fom 23's a little not quite ready for 1st grade. She definitely fell for the dive in 23'S more than I fell for Zico's bait.
    Last edited by sancho_theswan; 27-06-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Looks like you have hacked this thread Diggers.FYI Mr Digby rarely gets down to NEW FM level any more.Usually just does one NBN first grade game each weekend and has to be shown which end of a flag to hold.
    The thing with Digby is that he doesn't see himself as a higher authority than the players and has the ability to talk to the players respectfully. Some refs at the moment have a hot head and lack the ability to take the second or 2 to think about the situation before making a decision.
    Another thing with Digby is how he has the old fashioned attitude of it's only a game and after the match he is happy to go into the after match club or pub and have a drink with both players and officials of both sides.
    Good to see a ref with personality.

The thing with Digby is that he doesn't see himself as a higher authority than the players and has the ability to talk to the players respectfully. Some refs at the moment have a hot head and lack the ability to take the second or 2 to think about the situation before making a decision.
    Another thing with Digby is how he has the old fashioned attitude of it's only a game and after the match he is happy to go into the after match club or pub and have a drink with both players and officials of both sides.
    Good to see a ref with personality.
    Exactly, why he has respect of 90% of the players

He loves a penalty our diggers does

Here Here. Digby is a good ref, similar to the great Lee Archer who was a great ref and respected players.

Better than that Byron Bloke. He hands cards out like they are lollies at a kids 5 year old Bday party.
    And don't look at him sideways or he will see red!

Quote Originally Posted by dicanio View Post
    Here Here. Digby is a good ref, similar to the great Lee Archer who was a great ref and respected players.

Better than that Byron Bloke. He hands cards out like they are lollies at a kids 5 year old Bday party.
    And don't look at him sideways or he will see red!
    Ha ha Lee Archer head is already big
    Enough